ADVERTISEMENT

Lindsay Graham claims religion is clouding Romneys thinking

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the dems who are catholic voted no more abortions because of their religious beliefs.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the dems who are catholic voted no more abortions because of their religious beliefs.

Pro-life Catholic views extend beyond anti-abortion stances. For a Catholic, pro-life means "from the womb to the tomb."

Since Republicans only seem to value human life in the uterus, Democratic Catholics can reconcile their religious beliefs just fine.

Graham’s self loathing is shining through.
I do enjoy seeing Republicans feast upon their own. The circle gets tighter and tighter as all undesirables are purged. Soon it will just be Lindsey and Joni staring lovingly at Dear Leader.

Not everyone has a religion to believe in.
However, everyone has a conscience
which tells them what is right or wrong.
This God-given conscience is a way to
process the decisions you make in life.

We automatically know it is wrong to kill,
to steal, to slander, to lie, to covet, etc.
You do not have to be a Christian, a Jew,
a Muslim to know right from wrong.

I think Mitt is an opportunist and not guided by religious convictions, but Lindsey really doesnt belong in elected office. I cant understand how he is ever re-elected. I suppose its just big money.

you left out something. he says " HIS" religion is... meaning romney's religion. his religion is Mormonism. most Christians consider this to be a false religion. a bad cult. much akin to being a liberal or a dem.

I think Mitt is an opportunist and not guided by religious convictions, but Lindsey really doesnt belong in elected office. I cant understand how he is ever re-elected. I suppose its just big money.
I think with mitt it is liberal politics driving him. with linda graham he just toes the line every now and then, just enough to get re-elected, then he goes off on liberal tangents a little just enough to get conservatives ticked off. like when he was in love with McCain.

Reactions: royhobbs2
you left out something. he says " HIS" religion is... meaning romney's religion. his religion is Mormonism. most Christians consider this to be a false religion. a bad cult. much akin to being a liberal or a dem.

I think the bigger thing is that Mormons are much more likely to be anti-Trump than the evangelical and other denominations.

I think the bigger thing is that Mormons are much more likely to be anti-Trump than the evangelical and other denominations.
maybe. I dunno my wife's family is bigtime Mormon in mizzou. I was hanging with them the other day, trying to bring up trump several times and they would not discuss it at all. that's just one family. they did tell me they do not do caffeine though. so there is that. I was trying to ask why and they didn't explain it too well. just that it was a drug which was bad for health.

I will say the Mormons in my wife's family seem way more conservative politically and socially than the Methodists in my wife's family

I will say the Mormons in my wife's family seem way more conservative politically and socially than the Methodists in my wife's family

they typically are very conservative. But they’re also more likely to care about an immoral and unchristian person as president.

What;s Graham's excuse?
What's trump's excuse?
What's McConnell's excuse?
What's Grassley's excuse?
In fact, what's the republican senators' excuses?

Reactions: h-hawk
What;s Graham's excuse?
What's trump's excuse?
What's McConnell's excuse?
What's Grassley's excuse?
In fact, what's the republican senators' excuses?
excuse for what? not giving trump a medal for squealing on hunter biden ?

Pro-life Catholic views extend beyond anti-abortion stances. For a Catholic, pro-life means "from the womb to the tomb."

Since Republicans only seem to value human life in the uterus, Democratic Catholics can reconcile their religious beliefs just fine.
Never mind that pro-choicers typically are for various known measures of reducing the demand, things like making women's reproductive health care more accessible and affordable, like making family planning services more accessible and affordable, etc.

Alas, for pro-lifers, the argument removes all of this in favor of a nice, simple cudgel wieldable for some empty votes.

Oh well. Praise Jesus.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Lindsey Graham got some traction as a
politician when he hung out with McCain.
Now that McCain has died, Graham still
wants to make a name for himself. His
U.S. Senate seniority has put him in the
spotlight as chairman of some important
committees.

Biden needs to just drop out and quit being a sideshow. I get why he doesn’t want to, because this would promote the deplorable behavior but now is not the time.

Biden seems happy to be a distraction for himself and he’s letting others escape for now.

they typically are very conservative. But they’re also more likely to care about an immoral and unchristian person as president.
good thing we do not have one of those

That might just be the funniest thing OiT has ever written!

giphy.gif

Reactions: ping72

The three main Catholic pro-life tenets are anti-abortion, anti-euthanasia, anti-war.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

Really has nothing to do with what I posted, but ok.

The three main Catholic pro-life tenets are anti-abortion, anti-euthanasia, anti-war.

And anti-death penalty.

The Catholic Church also believes hunger and proper medical treatment are pro-life issues as well.

The problem is so many liberals are smug and antagonistic toward religion and voice a lot of insensitivity toward people with pro-life views that many Catholics find them more disagreeable than Republicans. I understand why they feel that way.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT