ADVERTISEMENT

Lindsey Graham might lose his race

Hopefully dems are dumping some of this cash towards senate races.

I am not a dem...

...but I have donated to multiple Dem campaigns In the last few days. This hypocrisy and corruption must be addressed.
It baffles me that Rs don't see the rage here. If they move on this, they are entering a shitstorm that will bury them. We will overwhelm them. We are in the majority. We will dwarf their financials resources. We will vote. They will be wiped out. This will become the Republicans Waterloo.

Voter turnout is always key to any election. The Republican Senate just poked a bee hive.

You will likely see Dem voter turnout exceed that from 2008. We could just have witnessed the end of the political careers of Graham, Ernst, along with the expected losses for Collins, Gardner, Tillis, and McSally.

Be interesting to see if Romney sides against the WH?

I see a lot of support for him here in the upstate SC, a Republican stronghold. The idea of a white Republican losing a Senate race to a black Democrat... in SC!!!... is amazing. I'm pushing the button for a straight Democrat ticket. I would be thrilled and honored to have helped to remove Graham.

It baffles me that Rs don't see the rage here. If they move on this, they are entering a shitstorm that will bury them. We will overwhelm them. We are in the majority. We will dwarf their financials resources. We will vote. They will be wiped out. This will become the Republicans Waterloo.

This is consistent with their strategy of gathering a larger and larger percentage of a shrinking demographic. This kind of move delights the 30% of the country whose support allows them to control government.

Last edited:
If you are Dumb enough to believe corruption is one sided. No hope for you.

You are right, it's not one-sided. As long as America is held hostage by political parties, this is what it is going to be. Once we vote out Republicans we can go to work to vote out the Democrats again after they turn corrupt. Until then, we need to vote out Trumpism.

If you are Dumb enough to believe corruption is one sided. No hope for you.
Where did I say there are not corrupt democrats? Of course there are. Hell, I live in Illinois - we have graduate level classes in the art of corruption in both parties. That said, what Trump and his senate cronies are doing is simply unprecedented on the national scale. I, and many many other people/organizations, are fed up and we are using our pocketbooks to demand change. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t, but that is post citizens united democracy in action...we will see in November.

p.s. Before you call someone dumb you should learn how to talk in complete sentences. You wouldn’t want to come across as both hypocritical AND a moron.

As a conservative, I can't stand him. Graham losing is good development for the Republicans. Any Democrat that wins would only serve one term until the next time the seat is up.

Having lived within an hour of SC for 3 years I'll just say I'll believe it when I see it. Those people take a lot of pride in the redness of their necks. SC is regularly bottom 10 in education and it shows, painfully

An incumbent SC senator has not lost in a re-election bid since 1944, and that was a failed bid to be re-nominated by his party. An SC senator has not lost re-election against an opponent from an opposing party since 1830, and that was back when Senators were basically bought and sold by the party bosses, no popular vote. I question whether Harrison can pull it off, especially in a year when he cannot campaign in a normal way, but the amount of money pouring into this race is staggering, so it is possible that two African-American senators will represent SC next year. That would be incredible.

An incumbent SC senator has not lost in a re-election bid since 1944, and that was a failed bid to be re-nominated by his party. An SC senator has not lost re-election against an opponent from an opposing party since 1830, and that was back when Senators were basically bought and sold by the party bosses, no popular vote. I question whether Harrison can pull it off, especially in a year when he cannot campaign in a normal way, but the amount of money pouring into this race is staggering, so it is possible that two African-American senators will represent SC next year. That would be incredible.

Harrison may or may not pull it off, but even if it's close that's not a good sign for Republicans either in South Carolina or for their nationwide electoral prospects.

A Morning Consult poll added today has Graham +1. A Quinnipac University poll on 9/16 had the race even.

Obviously the margin of error is in play here but it’s a tight race.

Graham is not going to be doing himself any favors by being the face of a quick nomination process. I want to see him squirm and have his 2016 comments played over and and over again.

At some point, McConnell is going to have to make a calculation about how to proceed with many Republican Senate seats up for grabs.

Reactions: torbee
As a conservative, I can't stand him. Graham losing is good development for the Republicans. Any Democrat that wins would only serve one term until the next time the seat is up.
Likely true... but it would be a wakeup call for some. Graham/Grassley is a great argument for term limits.

Where did I say there are not corrupt democrats? Of course there are. Hell, I live in Illinois - we have graduate level classes in the art of corruption in both parties. That said, what Trump and his senate cronies are doing is simply unprecedented on the national scale. I, and many many other people/organizations, are fed up and we are using our pocketbooks to demand change. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t, but that is post citizens united democracy in action...we will see in November.

p.s. Before you call someone dumb you should learn how to talk in complete sentences. You wouldn’t want to come across as both hypocritical AND a moron.
giphy.gif

One can dream, but I think this race is fool's gold for Democrats. I don't think you'll have 5-6% of the South Carolina electorate that are Trump/Harrison voters. It's the same reason why McGrath won't win in KY. There just aren't that many split ticket voters anymore.

I heard some analysis this morning that suggested the reason the GOP is pushing the SCOTUS nomination through is because they've got internal polling that is showing them they will lose the WH, and the Senate.
For awhile I thought Lindsey was fairly decent for a Republican. He did seem to have some moral core. He's just unhinged right now. His performance during the Kavanaugh hearings were just this side of a mental breakdown. Since 2017 he's continually debased himself for Trump, and even in a red state it's just unbecoming to debase yourself. For Lindsey there is so much video of him speaking the truth about Trump, or daring people to hold his words against him on SCOTUS picks.

Harrison may or may not pull it off, but even if it's close that's not a good sign for Republicans either in South Carolina or for their nationwide electoral prospects.
One can dream, but I think this race is fool's gold for Democrats. I don't think you'll have 5-6% of the South Carolina electorate that are Trump/Harrison voters. It's the same reason why McGrath won't win in KY. There just aren't that many split ticket voters anymore.

This is true for a lot of Senate races. Graham shouldn't even be a pipe-dream for Democrats. The fact that a lot of the vulnerable GOP races appear to be leaning left at the moment allows for Democrats to indulge themselves somewhat.

ADVERTISEMENT