141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Siebrecht/Chittum
165 - Kennedy
174 - Brands/Swafford
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin
285 - Cass
I hope we have a transfer or two in the works. 197 seems like a big hole, and 174 still a question. Could use a stud at 49 or 57 and let the other weight settle out. I was not looking forward to next year but looking at this lineup, with a stud transfer or two it could be interesting.

I could see Ayala, Woods, and Cass in the finals. I know 165 is tough and not sure how much it clears out next year.

I hope we have a transfer or two in the works. 197 seems like a big hole, and 174 still a question. Could use a stud at 49 or 57 and let the other weight settle out. I was not looking forward to next year but looking at this lineup, with a stud transfer or two it could be interesting.

I could see Ayala, Woods, and Cass in the finals. I know 165 is tough and not sure how much it clears out next year.
Only 2 seniors in the top 10 at 65, Monday and Yant. And with Star at 74 I doubt any of them are looking to bump up.

I don't dislike Cobe at 57 just think his ceiling is not very high. Probably just high enough for Brands to stick with him.

They ain't recruiting over Nelson.

Abe needs to be on the podium in March or be at risk IMO.

I think the staff likes Franklin.

I'm not seeing a big move this off- season but I hope I'm wrong.

They should be.

Nobody should feel safe in any sport. Don't care what your last name is.

Listening Brian??????

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

125 - Ayala
133 - Teske
141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Siebrecht/Chittum
165 - Kennedy
174 - Brands/Swafford
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin
285 - Cass
How do we match up to the F*** st guys with this line up? I get confused as all hell who has eligibility left with the cvid year?

125 has been a big hole for them and I do not see anyone currently resolving that for them?
133 they lose rby correct? Not sure who is the top recruit coming in for them?
141 woods and Pepe la bue
149 They have van ness hoping we counter with Chittum but he could be at 157?
157 they will have hains we have Cobe or chitum, again not too sure what our best line up would be?
165 Kennedy and fruit cup I am hoping we are better here
174 Guessing it will be brands and that is not our biggest problem. Starfish has another year I believe?
184 Assad but they have whats his face back
197 we both lose our starters, who is able to fill the spotter better?
Heavy BIG Cass and KerKin both back.

So to beat them, the way I see it, we HAVE to be better at 125, 133, 141. We need Chittum to be as billed and be a HAMMER at 49 or 57.

Kennedy being better would also be huge and might be a must win weight also. I am not seeing anyone touching 74-84 but I am hoping I am wrong.

Filling 197 would also go a l o n g way! Franklin may be better then what they currently have? Not sure but I just do not see him as someone who is a high AA, NC guy at least right now. Hope i am wrong and he is still deveohpling!

Heavy lets hope BIG Cass can turn the table back in our favor. Once again I believe us and everyone else will be chasing the kittens, but as was said. We may be a guy or TWOOO away again, but the again is the big thing!!!

We need guys to step in and step it up and maybe one stud transfer.

How do we match up to the F*** st guys with this line up? I get confused as all hell who has eligibility left with the cvid year?

125 has been a big hole for them and I do not see anyone currently resolving that for them?
133 they lose rby correct? Not sure who is the top recruit coming in for them?
141 woods and Pepe la bue
149 They have van ness hoping we counter with Chittum but he could be at 157?
157 they will have hains we have Cobe or chitum, again not too sure what our best line up would be?
165 Kennedy and fruit cup I am hoping we are better here
174 Guessing it will be brands and that is not our biggest problem. Starfish has another year I believe?
184 Assad but they have whats his face back
197 we both lose our starters, who is able to fill the spotter better?
Heavy BIG Cass and KerKin both back.

So to beat them, the way I see it, we HAVE to be better at 125, 133, 141. We need Chittum to be as billed and be a HAMMER at 49 or 57.

Kennedy being better would also be huge and might be a must win weight also. I am not seeing anyone touching 74-84 but I am hoping I am wrong.

Filling 197 would also go a l o n g way! Franklin may be better then what they currently have? Not sure but I just do not see him as someone who is a high AA, NC guy at least right now. Hope i am wrong and he is still deveohpling!

Heavy lets hope BIG Cass can turn the table back in our favor. Once again I believe us and everyone else will be chasing the kittens, but as was said. We may be a guy or TWOOO away again, but the again is the big thing!!!

We need guys to step in and step it up and maybe one stud transfer.
Pepe Le Beau, Fruit Cup, and Aaron Brooks as “what’s his face” is pure gold. I don’t care what they say about you Iron Bird, you’re an A+ poster in my book.

Ayala has yet to be tested, let alone proven he’s ready for Sat night action in March.

No. That was directed at you. I don’t know how that was confusing.

Not sure how YOU are confused?

I'm well aware you were talking about me.

LMAO

Argue with what I posted. Please.

Here's what I said as I know you are slowww.

So you are content with Nelson?

Do you want to be #1 or #2 in the nation?

Not sure how YOU are confused?

I'm well aware you were talking about me.

LMAO

Argue with what I posted. Please.

Here's what I said as I know you are slowww.

So you are content with Nelson?

Do you want to be #1 or #2 in the nation?

No. Here’s what you said.

They should be.

Nobody should feel safe in any sport. Don't care what your last name is.

Listening Brian??????

And really it was directed at your general “personality.”

Ayala has yet to be tested, let alone proven he’s ready for Sat night action in March.
Oh he was tested by the master...and he wasn't ready for a December Saturday night in Coralville. But I have faith! We are 125U.

FWIW iron, Star is a sophomore with a covid year. Can you say 5x🥇?!? Brooks is a junior with a covid year, 4x🏅!

Does Kerk have an extra year or no? He might have to settle for being a run of the mill 3x🏅.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Technically, I think Starocci is Jr & Boorks is a Sr this year. They classify them that way (they are listed as such on Penn St website)...but they have a covid year available.

And not saying you are wrong...but they (the NCAA) are allowing a covid year to guys who weren't participating in the season that covid cancelled nationals? That is interesting...Starocci will have a good shot to be the one & only 5 timer...

Technically, I think Starocci is Jr & Boorks is a Sr this year. They classify them that way (they are listed as such on Penn St website)...but they have a covid year available.

And not saying you are wrong...but they (the NCAA) are allowing a covid year to guys who weren't participating in the season that covid cancelled nationals? That is interesting...Starocci will have a good shot to be the one & only 5 timer...

And at current he said he's not taking it. Unbelievable if it turns out that way.

Any chance they put Abe on the Cass workout plan and he wrestles 197 next year?
125- Ayala
133- Teske
141- Woods
149- Chittum
157- Siebrecht
165- Kennedy
174- Brands
184- Arnold
197- Assad
HWT- Cass

I don't see any of the class of 2023 wrestling next year. We need to get transfers at 184 and 197 to hold us over, otherwise we can kiss a trophy goodbye.

Reactions: Gobblin

It wasn't the 2020 guys that got an extra year it was the 2021 guys in case it happened again. The 2020 guys like Lugo, Hall, and Moore that were seniors got screwed and the guys that weren't even freshmen until 2021 get five years even though they didn't end up losing anything at all. Just the way it worked out unfortunately. And yes, Eierman and Suriano (IIRC) weren't participating in 2020 anyway, but that still didn't count against them and were still eligible last year.

Real good chance it’s Swafford/Rhodes at ‘74.
what’s going on with Swafford? surprised he didn’t wrestle at Wisconsin…… Rhodes gave a good account of himself wrestling up a weight but Swafford probably wins that match

I don't see any of the class of 2023 wrestling next year. We need to get transfers at 184 and 197 to hold us over, otherwise we can kiss a trophy goodbye.
Abe has another year of eligibility.. There are 5 (Coleman, Romero, Bolen, Loew, Finesilver) guys ranked ahead of him that are listed as seniors...

• Wow
what’s going on with Swafford? surprised he didn’t wrestle at Wisconsin…… Rhodes gave a good account of himself wrestling up a weight but Swafford probably wins that match

Brands rides off into the sunset with his new bride and a bunk at the Yellowstone?

• Wow
Reactions: natchrlman
Anyone suggesting that Iowa needs a transfer to come in and be better than Abe Assad at 184 next year, is showing how spoiled some of you really are lol.

Abe Assad is really good. Unless Aaron Brooks or Parker Keckeisen are looking for new homes next year you will be hard pressed to find a transfer that is better.

Anyone suggesting that Iowa needs a transfer to come in and be better than Abe Assad at 184 next year, is showing how spoiled some of you really are lol.

Abe Assad is really good. Unless Aaron Brooks or Parker Keckeisen are looking for new homes next year you will be hard pressed to find a transfer that is better.
There’s a lot of room for improvement for Abe. I welcome any transfer wanting to come in and challenge for that spot.

Reactions: comment1283
There’s a lot of room for improvement for Abe. I welcome any transfer wanting to come in and challenge for that spot.
Absolutely room for improvement. 99.9% of all D1 guys have room for that. I just don’t think you’ll find one with less room for improvement in the transfer portal. Guys like Jaydin Eierman and Real Woods being available as transfers is more an exception than a norm, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT