ADVERTISEMENT

Line up next year?

Any weight without a guy penciled in as an AA should be open game for an upgrade.
Absolutely. It would be interesting to know if the coaches upgrade strategy is by design with their commitment to their wrestlers already on the team, or they’re missing on recruits/transfers they want. If it’s the commitment side, get used to being 2nd best. Harsh? Sure. But this is D1 athletics.

I’ll add, overall I’ve been pleased with their recent transfers they’ve got. You don’t get a team title without them.

Last edited:
Absolutely. It would be interesting to know if the coaches upgrade strategy is by design with their commitment to their wrestlers already on the team, or they’re missing on recruits/transfers they want. If it’s the commitment side, get used to being 2nd best. Harsh? Sure. But this is D1 athletics.

I’ll add, overall I’ve been pleased with their recent transfers they’ve got. You don’t get a team title without them.
"Penciled in for AA" currently leaves you 2 guys basically on the roster for next year. Woods and BIG Cass. That could/should expand to include others. YES, if another stud along the lines of Eirieman or Woods came a knocking. You do everything you can to bring them in!

that being said, IF $$$ is a factor, which I still believe it is for IOWA. You might think that you have to be somewhat strategic in who you are targeting.

We have gone over what might be? Next years line up. We are looking pretty strong at 125, 133, 149 or 157(chittum) 165, 174, 184 and heavy. I could see every one of those weights AAing. I also do not see anyone out on the horizon currently who might be available to step in and upgrade any of those weights?

With the portal that could chance at any time. To have a shot at a championship next season. I think it comes down to filling the voids at 197 and wherever Chittum isn't wrestling. Now maybe someone currently on the roster steps up and breaks out to surprise us? As of late, we have had some, I will say nice surprises with Cobe being an example, but can he continue his current climb?

"Penciled in for AA" currently leaves you 2 guys basically on the roster for next year. Woods and BIG Cass. That could/should expand to include others. YES, if another stud along the lines of Eirieman or Woods came a knocking. You do everything you can to bring them in!

that being said, IF $$$ is a factor, which I still believe it is for IOWA. You might think that you have to be somewhat strategic in who you are targeting.

We have gone over what might be? Next years line up. We are looking pretty strong at 125, 133, 149 or 157(chittum) 165, 174, 184 and heavy. I could see every one of those weights AAing. I also do not see anyone out on the horizon currently who might be available to step in and upgrade any of those weights?

With the portal that could chance at any time. To have a shot at a championship next season. I think it comes down to filling the voids at 197 and wherever Chittum isn't wrestling. Now maybe someone currently on the roster steps up and breaks out to surprise us? As of late, we have had some, I will say nice surprises with Cobe being an example, but can he continue his current climb?

Woods got $250k tho...

I hope we have a transfer or two in the works. 197 seems like a big hole, and 174 still a question. Could use a stud at 49 or 57 and let the other weight settle out. I was not looking forward to next year but looking at this lineup, with a stud transfer or two it could be interesting.

I could see Ayala, Woods, and Cass in the finals. I know 165 is tough and not sure how much it clears out next year.
Tell me more about Cass. Please

Only 2 seniors in the top 10 at 65, Monday and Yant. And with Star at 74 I doubt any of them are looking to bump up.

I don't dislike Cobe at 57 just think his ceiling is not very high. Probably just high enough for Brands to stick with him.

They ain't recruiting over Nelson.

Abe needs to be on the podium in March or be at risk IMO.

I think the staff likes Franklin.

I'm not seeing a big move this off- season but I hope I'm wrong.
At 65 Askren had mentioned a couple months ago on FRL that O’Toole won’t stay at 65 all 4 years implying that he would be bumping up. The question is if that will happen for 23/24 or 24/25…

Am I correct in thinking the kids using the Covid year now count against the 9.9 for the 23/24 season?

Won't factor at PSU, but might be a consideration for some programs.

Woods got $250k tho...

you-serious-clark-cousin-eddie.gif

Reactions: IRONBIRD
HawkMachine, why are you always on here fighting with Iowa fans?

LOL. What a great way to start the day.

Why don't you go back and start reading the previous messages that led to the reply you quoted me on.

Report back if you choose.

The last guy didn't.

I think there's a very real chance mizzou finally claims the dominant Midwest team spot next year and beats Iowa at ncaas
Care to share why you think this? For example, what you feel their line up will be and what they might score at NCCAAs?

Brian reference? LMAO. Everyone knows he got that job because of his last name and is not qualified

Spencer claim? What's funny is that if you actually go back and read that thread, you will see a poster confirmed my comment.

Stay moronic.
As much umm.... fun I guess... as this back and forth is, I did find the video in question(below).

@HawkMachine is technically correct in that Spencer did say Tomasello isn't athletic. Definitely need to watch the video though, as Spencer was talking about his (Tomasello) high crotch. Also went on to say Terry was/is a terrible athlete, but can still hit his passby shot at 52 years old.

19 mins into video for those interested.

Worth a full listen if you have an hour to kill. For some context, this was recorded after the Covid cancellations, but before Spencer knew that he was getting a year back. Probably the most unfiltered interview I've heard from him.
Nah I’m good.

Made a comment and y’all called me a liar, idiot, among other things.

Truth comes out.

Find it all amusing.

Middle finger to all.
[/QUOTE]
Yep here’s your proof and your response to EVERYONE else disputing this is not enough evidence for your claims against Spencer. Not a single post before or after the jrod65 post supported your claim.

My mantra in life is to give people a break because I haven’t walked in their shoes.

With this being said, there are people you need to be wary of and avoid. People like you.
When people flat out lie, you have to drop the hammer, and you are a liar. Be a man and prove otherwise.
You attacked one of the most beloved Iowa Wrestlers in the history of Iowa Wrestling. This, on a blog of of one of the most knowledgeable and passionate fan bases, on the planet

I am not going to miss one piece of useful information by having you on ignore.[/MEDIA]
[/QUOTE]

Iowa
125 - Ayala
133 - Teske
141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Chittum/Siebrecht
165 - Kennedy
174 - Arnold
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin/Glazier
285 - Cass

PSU

RBY Gone, Dean Gone.

125 - Steen/Howard
133 - Howard/?
141 - Bartlett
149 - Van Ness
157 - Haines
165 - Facundo
174 - Starrocci
184 - Brooks
197 - ?
285 - Kerk

This year would likely take a perfect storm to upset PSU at NCAA's. However next years PSU lineup looks much more vulnerable. Our success will depend on Ayala/Chittum/Arnold coming in the lineup and being contenders right away. Woods and Cass will be good for big points, and hopefully Kennedy can get solid AA points.

Iowa
125 - Ayala
133 - Teske
141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Chittum/Siebrecht
165 - Kennedy
174 - Arnold
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin/Glazier
285 - Cass

PSU

RBY Gone, Dean Gone.

125 - Steen/Howard
133 - Howard/?
141 - Bartlett
149 - Van Ness
157 - Haines
165 - Facundo
174 - Starrocci
184 - Brooks
197 - ?
285 - Kerk

This year would likely take a perfect storm to upset PSU at NCAA's. However next years PSU lineup looks much more vulnerable. Our success will depend on Ayala/Chittum/Arnold coming in the lineup and being contenders right away. Woods and Cass will be good for big points, and hopefully Kennedy can get solid AA points.
I believe Brooks will be at 197.

Is he the only guy projected to move up? I thought I had read (on here) that Haines might not be able to make 157 next year.
I'm not even sure Brooks is projected to move up. My opinion is based solely on what his dad has said in the past. As for Haines no one really knows. Maybe he and Cael know but if they do they aren't saying much.

Iowa
125 - Ayala
133 - Teske
141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Chittum/Siebrecht
165 - Kennedy
174 - Arnold
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin/Glazier
285 - Cass

PSU

RBY Gone, Dean Gone.

125 - Steen/Howard
133 - Howard/?
141 - Bartlett
149 - Van Ness
157 - Haines
165 - Facundo
174 - Starrocci
184 - Brooks
197 - ?
285 - Kerk

Chit at 157 unless he cuts off an arm

I too believe we'll snag a couple Woods like transfers as we have the last few years

Iowa
125 - Ayala
133 - Teske
141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Chittum/Siebrecht
165 - Kennedy
174 - Arnold
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin/Glazier
285 - Cass

PSU

RBY Gone, Dean Gone.

125 - Steen/Howard
133 - Howard/?
141 - Bartlett
149 - Van Ness
157 - Haines
165 - Facundo
174 - Starrocci
184 - Brooks
197 - ?
285 - Kerk

4th year freshman Robert Howard

Is he the only guy projected to move up? I thought I had read (on here) that Haines might not be able to make 157 next year.
That is the rumor, and it makes sense to burn Haines's shirt this year if it's true because if PSU has a logjam with both Haines and Facundo at 165 with Starocci blocking 174, then Haines can take a redshirt next year but Facundo cannot.

That is the rumor, and it makes sense to burn Haines's shirt this year if it's true because if PSU has a logjam with both Haines and Facundo at 165 with Starocci blocking 174, then Haines can take a redshirt next year but Facundo cannot.
Facundo and Starocci will still be around in 24-25 so unless they move up it’s still a logjam. A good problem to have.

Reactions: el dub
Iowa
125 - Ayala
133 - Teske
141 - Woods
149 - Chittum/Rathjen
157 - Chittum/Siebrecht
165 - Kennedy
174 - Arnold
184 - Assad
197 - Franklin/Glazier
285 - Cass

PSU

RBY Gone, Dean Gone.

125 - Steen/Howard
133 - Howard/?
141 - Bartlett
149 - Van Ness
157 - Haines
165 - Facundo
174 - Starrocci
184 - Brooks
197 - ?
285 - Kerk

I agree, that PSU looks solid again next year. I would be fine if Brooks and Starrocci would also get bored with wrestling and moved on.

I would think it would be hard to get studs that want to be in college for 6 or 7 or 8 years with grey shirts, redshirts, medical redshirts, Olympic redshirts, and 4 years of regular eligibility to try to lock weights down with multiple guys for a decade. I would think more guys now are wanting to be done in 4 years to chase career dreams.

Brian reference? LMAO. Everyone knows he got that job because of his last name and is not qualified.

Spencer claim? What's funny is that if you actually go back and read that thread, you will see a poster confirmed my comment.

Stay moronic.
What was the Spencer claim?

I would have to lend some support to the claim that young Gabe Arnold made when he said he intends to be the 174lb National champion NEXT SEASON and he wants a chance to wrestle Stallrocci... I would love to see him achieve his goals !!!

Gabe Arnold talks like he has no interest in a redshirt. Im not sold on Teske, I would like to see a healthy Schreiver or some progress out of Teske. Sebricht might just AA and not have a spot next year, Rathjen looks pretty solid at 149 if Cobe was to go back down. I wonder if Keuter might want to wrestle his freshman year and man 197.

Gabe Arnold talks like he has no interest in a redshirt. Im not sold on Teske, I would like to see a healthy Schreiver or some progress out of Teske. Sebricht might just AA and not have a spot next year, Rathjen looks pretty solid at 149 if Cobe was to go back down. I wonder if Keuter might want to wrestle his freshman year and man 197.
Not sure Kueter can make it and it probably wouldn't jive with the football people if he could. Healthy Schriever and Teske are probably about the same thing and it's likely not meaningful points. Rathjen might have the ability to make some noise at 149 with a strong off-season. I would like to see Chittum at 157 and sounds like that might be where he is leaning anyway. If Brands Sticks around I would think he would be a front runner at 174 but smoke has been floated he may hang it up. That leaves Swafford and Gabe.

Reactions: sdvike and el dub
ADVERTISEMENT