ADVERTISEMENT

Linebackers

Nov 10, 2012
Quarterback aside, it seems like we have great underclass talent at many positions that are getting a lot of playing time now; defensive backfield, dline, Oline, even our two top receivers are only Sophomores. If I look a couple a years out (Assuming we retain most of the talent and it progresses -- I know big assumption) we should have a very experienced team. What about linebacker? As we saw in 2010 our defense can look very average when we struggle at linebacker. Anyone have any insight into any younger guys standing out in practice?

JJ I think will return. We got Higgins/Sullivan/ Harrell to fill 2 spots that ice heard good things about.. likely a drop off but nothing like 2010 or other years past… might get a surprise guy that’s just as good as benson out of those three… Campbell is gonna be hard to replace but I said that about Morris and Jewell… and somehow we keep finding kids that get the job done!

Linebackers are crucial for any defense, but even more important in a PP defense. The DL's job is to keep the blockers off the linebackers and let them roam around an make plays. This is a great LB crew!

ADVERTISEMENT