ADVERTISEMENT

Linn Mar athletics ban IC school parents

Actually it seems quite consistent. If Iowa City is concerned with having their own parents at events why should another school not share the same concern?

My thoughts as well. However, to be fair. The overwhelming majority of those IC parents want their kids to be in school full time. It's their tone-deaf school boards that are making these rules.

I hated everything Linn-Mar until I started playing in summer baseball leagues and tournaments with kids from their elementary and middle schools. I ended up making some of the best friends I’ve ever had. It’s a great school with resources galore. There are deep pockets. Those are attributes that outsiders always hate. It’s sure fun to be a part of though!

Not sure what the issue is. They aren’t allowed at their own home games so why should they be allowed at away games? They have their own board to thank for that. And if Linn-Mar plays at an IC school their parents aren’t allowed. Just being consistent for them.

The positive cases are 90+% college aged students. Not high school aged kids or parents.
And, they are already coming way back down over the past three days (which nobody is talking about yet).
But, ICCSD made this decision knowing there would be consequences. So, they can own them.

The way it reads, Linn-Mar is somehow gonna enforce the policy that nobody from an IC school district will be allowed in their stadium........

Does Linn-Mar have any restrictions of their own for games?

The positive cases are 90+% college aged students. Not high school aged kids or parents.
And, they are already coming way back down over the past three days (which nobody is talking about yet).
But, ICCSD made this decision knowing there would be consequences. So, they can own them.

This. ICCSD dug their own grave. All Linn-Mar is doing is helping them enforce their own decision.

If Iowa City parents don't like it they can vote and make changes. They are enforcing their views on others and all Linn Mar has done is hold them to their own standard. It is freaking hilarious.

Oh and eff Linn Mar just on basic principal but they got this one right.

Do we know if the ICCSD contacted Linn-Mar asking them to do this or did Linn-Mar just want to stick it to the IC parents?

Reactions: hawkcub
My thoughts as well. However, to be fair. The overwhelming majority of those IC parents want their kids to be in school full time. It's their tone-deaf school boards that are making these rules.

This

Which is why the entire thing is funny to me how it has been handled. Most of the parents want their kids to be in school and the district is using it as political fodder.

The inundation of rural Republican bumfuq teens without masks descending on IC because #CovidKim lied about, and downplayed, our numbers was the problem. Many parents are changing their tune with the outbreak.
Got some data to back that up? We’re talking about Iowa not Iowa State. You think the University of Iowa is full of rural teenagers? Let alone Republican.

The way it reads, Linn-Mar is somehow gonna enforce the policy that nobody from an IC school district will be allowed in their stadium........

Does Linn-Mar have any restrictions of their own for games?
Volleyball, no restrictions. They have both sets of bleachers open so there is more than enough room.
Football ticket sales are restricted to families of all players(varsity and Soph), cheerleaders and dance team, and band members. Seniors are allowed in the student section but no other classes.

Do we know if the ICCSD contacted Linn-Mar asking them to do this or did Linn-Mar just want to stick it to the IC parents?
If you look at the tweet this doesn't sound crazy. Could see ICCSD thinking we don't want any chance of C19 going to Iowa city schools.

Reactions: 2bagger22
ADVERTISEMENT