Rose Bowl.......Wisconsin
Cotton Bowl.....Penn St.
Citrus Bowl......Michigan
Outback Bowl. Minnesota
Holiday Bowl.. Iowa
Gator Bowl.......Indiana
Redbox Bowl...Illinois
Pinstripe Bowl...Mich. St.

No more Music City for the B1G? I wasn’t aware.

They alternated with the Gator Bowl, 3 appearances apiece during the current cycle and the Music City had already chosen 3 Big 10 teams. The Big Ten will still have a tie-in with the Music City when the new cycle starts next year. The Big Ten will send a team there all 6 years of the cycle, provided the conference has enough bowl-eligible teams.

Reactions: BlazinHawk
Last year 9 Big Ten teams went bowling.
We won 5 and lost 4 games. This year
we again have 9 teams bowling. Perhaps
Ohio St. could win the National Title.
The key to OSU winning the NC is Fields' strained left knee. He has not been right the last two games and basically has abandoned his running-scrambling game. He needs the knee somewhat at 90 to 95% to win the whole thing. If he plays with that brace against Clemson, forget it. They were my choice going into the PSU game. Not so sure now

The key to OSU winning the NC is Fields' strained left knee. He has not been right the last two games and basically has abandoned his running-scrambling game. He needs the knee somewhat at 90 to 95% to win the whole thing. If he plays with that brace against Clemson, forget it. They were my choice going into the PSU game. Not so sure now

Agree 100%

When do they announce Nebraska’s bowl game?
Immediately following their spring game...

352321_original.jpg

Very impressive performance by the BiG this year.

The top 6 especially are. All ranked vs ranked matchups, plus 5 of 6 are marque name opponents- sorry, Memphis. Iowa and ISU with a chance for a special 18 hours for our state if they can beat the Trojans and Irish.

Reactions: ctghawk and Torg
The OSU and Wisconsin bowls will be good games for sure. I think PSU will bring the smack down on Memphis. And I'm interested to see if Illinois can pull one out, and how it might affect their program. The success could be used as a spring board for next season.

Fiesta Bowl.....Ohio St
Rose Bowl.......Wisconsin
Cotton Bowl.....Penn St.
Citrus Bowl......Michigan
Outback Bowl. Minnesota
Holiday Bowl.. Iowa
Gator Bowl.......Indiana
Redbox Bowl...Illinois
Pinstripe Bowl...Mich. St.

Cha-Ching $$$$$$$$$

Fun bowl matchups. OSU, with Fields dinged up, will get beat by Clemson. With Fields healthy, should be a great game. UW/Oregon might end up being the most entertaining of the bunch, though. Minnesota will probably get wrecked. I'm intrigued by Michigan-Alabama. I'm guessing Bama destroys Michigan, but it would be pretty funny if Harbaugh finally got his "signature win" against Nick Saban.

Penn State's matchup sucks for them. The only way they "win" is if they obliterate Memphis. I think that's kind of a win-win: I love seeing Group of Five teams get pounded by top tier P5 teams, but it would also be enjoyable to watch Penn State faceplant against a G5 team.

Illini should beat Cal, although it's always hard to beat California PAC12 teams in their back yard. Indiana plays someone so that's good for Indiana (???). Michigan State is pathetic so who cares who they play.

Finally, Iowa vs. USC. This is sort of a "careful what you wish for" game. Slovis has passed for over 400 yards and 4 TDs in four of his last 5 games. Of course, that's against PAC12 competition. Then again, Iowa didn't pass for 400 yards and 4 TDs against even Miami (OH) or MTSU so they could get boat-raced. On the other hand, the only defense that USC has faced that's even close to being as good as Iowa's was Utah ... however, USC beat Utah. I have no idea what to expect from Iowa offensively. I'm hoping Nate Stanley channels his inner Ohio State/Mississippi State self and wins his third straight bowl game. Also looking forward to Epenesa and Iowa's pass rush against a pass heavy team like USC.

I think you absolutely nailed it. I saw the same thing in Mahomes in the Chiefs' game yeterday. They are not nearly as dangerous and actually fairly average without their mobility. Clemson or LSU's front seven will come after Fields from the first play. If he can't run away from the rush, OSU will lose and possibly lose badly. On defense, does Okudah play? They were vulnerable in the secondary without him. I dont like OSU's chances if Fields isn't 100%. And they have NO ONE at QB to provide a viable option.

They alternated with the Gator Bowl, 3 appearances apiece during the current cycle and the Music City had already chosen 3 Big 10 teams. The Big Ten will still have a tie-in with the Music City when the new cycle starts next year. The Big Ten will send a team there all 6 years of the cycle, provided the conference has enough bowl-eligible teams.

The Music City Bowl is increasing their payout and starting in 2020 will be the spot after the Outback.
Most B1G can drive here in 1 day.

Iowa played 7 bowl teams in 2019 (incl. ISU & Miami) and is scheduled to play 7 more teams in 2020 that played in bowls this season.

Reactions: iafan44
Big Ten Bowl Matchups:

CFP Fiesta Bowl- Ohio State vs Clemson

Rose Bowl- Wisconsin vs Oregon

Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Tennessee

Citrus Bowl- Michigan vs Alabama

Outback Bowl- Minnesota vs Auburn

RedBox Bowl- Illinois vs California

Cotton Bowl- Penn State vs Memphis

Holiday Bowl- Iowa vs USC

Pinstripe Bowl- Michigan State vs Wake Forest

I think the Big Ten could be 3-5 not including the Iowa game.

Big Ten Bowl Matchups:

CFP Fiesta Bowl- Ohio State vs Clemson W

Rose Bowl- Wisconsin vs Oregon W

Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Tennessee W

Citrus Bowl- Michigan vs Alabama L

Outback Bowl- Minnesota vs Auburn L

RedBox Bowl- Illinois vs California L

Cotton Bowl- Penn State vs Memphis W

Holiday Bowl- Iowa vs USC W

Pinstripe Bowl- Michigan State vs Wake Forest W

Some really good matchups, but that's how I see them. Going with 6-3.

Big Ten Bowl Matchups:

CFP Fiesta Bowl- Ohio State vs Clemson W

Rose Bowl- Wisconsin vs Oregon W

Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Tennessee L

Citrus Bowl- Michigan vs Alabama L

Outback Bowl- Minnesota vs Auburn L

RedBox Bowl- Illinois vs California L

Cotton Bowl- Penn State vs Memphis W

Holiday Bowl- Iowa vs USC W

Pinstripe Bowl- Michigan State vs Wake Forest W

I have them at 5-4.

ADVERTISEMENT