ADVERTISEMENT

List of Big 10 Teams in Bowl Games

The Music City Bowl is increasing their payout and starting in 2020 will be the spot after the Outback.
Most B1G can drive here in 1 day.
If Hawks ever end up in Nashville it will be one crazy big party. I hate all the stupid guidelines involving big ten teams in bowl games.

Reactions: iavagabond
I don't believe a Big Ten runner-up has EVER won the Rose Bowl since the new format starting with the BCS era has made it possible:

2006 - Michigan L
2007 - Illinois L
2015 - Iowa L

From the Pac-10/12 side, I believe USC 2016 is the only runner-up to ever win it. Other wins have been by the Big East champ (MIami 2001), Big 12 champ (Oklahoma 2002 and Texas 2005), Big 12 runner-up (Texas 2004) MWC Champ (TCU 2010) and SEC champ (Georgia 2017).

When the BIG is left out of the playoff, BIG teams end up in more favorable matchups. This year, with OSU in the playoff, all teams are shifted up a notch. So I do not expect quite the same record for the conference. I think BIG teams are underdogs in nearly every game on the slate.

Reactions: Eternal Return
Remember when nebby was going to come in and dominate the BIG?... And remember when frost was going to lead them to the BIG championship this year?... And remember when Martinez was going to win the Heisman?

Should I keep going? :cool:

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Big Ten Bowl Matchups:

CFP Fiesta Bowl- Ohio State vs Clemson

Rose Bowl- Wisconsin vs Oregon

Gator Bowl- Indiana vs Tennessee

Citrus Bowl- Michigan vs Alabama

Outback Bowl- Minnesota vs Auburn

RedBox Bowl- Illinois vs California

Cotton Bowl- Penn State vs Memphis

Holiday Bowl- Iowa vs USC

Pinstripe Bowl- Michigan State vs Wake Forest

I think the Big Ten could be 3-5 not including the Iowa game.

To be honest, Penn State looks like the only guaranteed win. Of course, a couple other teams will win the toss-ups or upsets. In other words, 3-5 (without factoring Iowa) is a pretty good estimate. Guessing the other 2 B1G teams that will win besides PSU is a crapshoot, though.

When the BIG is left out of the playoff, BIG teams end up in more favorable matchups. This year, with OSU in the playoff, all teams are shifted up a notch. So I do not expect quite the same record for the conference. I think BIG teams are underdogs in nearly every game on the slate.

I think PSU will be favored over Memphis, but otherwise I think you're right. A couple B1G teams will pull off (minor) upsets, though. But, yeah, tough matchups for each of the B1G teams overall. Should make for a fun bowl season, though.

To be honest, Penn State looks like the only guaranteed win. Of course, a couple other teams will win the toss-ups or upsets. In other words, 3-5 (without factoring Iowa) is a pretty good estimate. Guessing the other 2 B1G teams that will win besides PSU is a crapshoot, though.

Is it bad luck to predict Iowa’s outcome? ;)

Reactions: Eternal Return

Favored in four; dogs in four; one is a pickem
Texas 12 are dogs in 6 of 7. KSU is a one point favorite.
Oklahoma is one of the biggest dogs of any bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT