ADVERTISEMENT

Listen to Music Using Your COVID Mask

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I can't think of a good reason why this couldn't be engineered to actually filter out virus-sized particles, but this model doesn't do that.

If it did that, it would mean you could wear a mask that isn't uncomfortably tight. It wouldn't need a seal because it would be using positive air pressure - kind of like a CPAP machine - so you'd only be breathing filtered air.

Plus, with noise cancellation you wouldn't hear the fan noise.

Expensive but maybe worth it. Can I have one in more of a Darth Vader style please?

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/dyson-zone-air-filtering-headphones-on-sale-in-jan-for-949/

dyson-zone-hands-on-cnet.jpg

I can't think of a good reason why this couldn't be engineered to actually filter out virus-sized particles, but this model doesn't do that.

If it did that, it would mean you could wear a mask that isn't uncomfortably tight. It wouldn't need a seal because it would be using positive air pressure - kind of like a CPAP machine - so you'd only be breathing filtered air.

Plus, with noise cancellation you wouldn't hear the fan noise.

Expensive but maybe worth it. Can I have one in more of a Darth Vader style please?

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/dyson-zone-air-filtering-headphones-on-sale-in-jan-for-949/

dyson-zone-hands-on-cnet.jpg

First, you look and feel like Hannibal Lecter. Second, the noise cancellation may work great for you to not hear the fan, but everyone else in the waiting room hears it, and also, you're cancelling out the voice of the nurse calling your name to go see the doctor. When would be a good time to wear this? On the subway maybe? A poker table? You're wearing a mask because you're near people. And quite often you need to hear those people. Seems unnecessary.

Why? Did you use them up and don't think you should bother going forward? Or something else?

After this experience, I think everybody should have a box on hand, just in case. Keep most in the house, a few in the car.

Got to the point where they weren't being required anymore so I tossed them..

ADVERTISEMENT