ADVERTISEMENT

Listening to Iowa Football on phone?

herkyhawk00

HB Legend
Jan 28, 2008
Is there a link that is available or does I Heart radio carry a channel I can listen to it? I see 95.7 on I heart radio is an Iowa sports station.

Is there a link that is available or does I Heart radio carry a channel I can listen to it? I see 95.7 on I heart radio is an Iowa sports station.
the last few years I have listened to the official hawk radio broadcast on iHeart in a chrome browser window.

I usually listen to Dolph call the game while watching the muted tv broadcast by going the the official Iowa hawkeye sports website and getting to the correct page which has a link the Learfield broadcast. I can usually use stop and start buttons with my youtube tv and the radio broadcast to synch up the action pretty well.

So the iHeart app on your phone might work as well as using a web browser on your phone

Pretty sure there is a Hawkeye app with the broadcast. There is also YouTube which streams the radio broadcast on the Iowa Hawkeye channel there.
Yep, they've had a live cam in the booth of the press box with the radio broadcast. Assuming they continue this, you'll actually see Dolph and Pat Angerer calling the games this year.

2 free options:

(1) YouTube Link:

When the pregame show has started or any time from there until the start of the game (basketball, football, etc), go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "FB: Iowa vs Illinois State." Click on this link to listen to the pregame show, the game, and the postgame show.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show, the game & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, Jan, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are also ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT