ADVERTISEMENT

Listening to President Joe speak makes one wonder

gonegolfing

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2009
what's the key character trait to believe anything like he does?

1) dishonesty
or
2) lack of intelligence

It's unbelievable anyone can buy his bs. He even mentioned rule of law at one point. It's absolute craziness.

Reactions: hawkssox1
youre-welcome.gif

1) dishonesty
or
2) lack of intelligence

It's unbelievable anyone can buy his bs. He even mentioned rule of law at one point. It's absolute craziness.
Only a small fraction compared to Trump

1) dishonesty
or
2) lack of intelligence

3) Living in a utopian dream world detached from reality.

1) dishonesty
or
2) lack of intelligence

I watched him stumble through his speech. He doesn't say anything of substance. Struggles to get any words that make sense.

Reactions: hawkssox1
I watched him stumble through his speech. He doesn't say anything of substance. Struggles to get any words that make sense.
It’s pretty amazing how he is able mental gymnastic that with high gas prices, a falling market, baby food shortage and continued inflation, the economy is better than when he started.

Reactions: Speedway1

1) dishonesty
or
2) lack of intelligence

It's hilarious to read people who voted for Trump twice say stuff like this. Especially when they're probably still giving him money for whatever the latest scam Trump has been running through them is. Are you still waiting for your chance to eat lunch with Trump?

He is one of the poster boys for the political machine. He is told what to say and do by strategists. They do it because that’s how they got where they are.

true political leadership is long gone. JFK was likely the last. He went against all his advisors to not bomb the Cuban missile sites. JFK was also a pig. The yeah he treated the secret service to line up his women is truly disgraceful.

24/7 news now makes the machines more crazy and we all suffer.

Don’t blame me, I voted for the guy who said that windmill noise caused cancer.
Oh, ha ha Mr. Smarty Pants. Prove that windmills don't cause cancer. You can't, can you? We didn't have windmills when I was young. Now, a mysterious amount of years later, when you go around the country they are everywhere the last few years. We can't say definitely whether or not this experimental energy source causes cancer.

He is one of the poster boys for the political machine. He is told what to say and do by strategists. They do it because that’s how they got where they are.

true political leadership is long gone. JFK was likely the last. He went against all his advisors to not bomb the Cuban missile sites. JFK was also a pig. The yeah he treated the secret service to line up his women is truly disgraceful.

24/7 news now makes the machines more crazy and we all suffer.
I voted for Biden. But he has been a massive failure so far. The man doesn’t have a clue what to do.

Rather than be a leader, he continues to be the career bureaucrat and place blame on everything and everyone but himself. Constant lying. Today he even pulled out the old democrat fallacy that republicans are going to take away social security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

We have runaway inflation and he thinks the economy is strong.

Yeah yeah…..BUT TRUMP!! I’m sorry, but when you have two of the worst presidents in U.S. history back to back…..one being a little less worse is nothing to be happy about.

Hopefully in 2024 Americans finally wake up and give us decent candidates instead of the crap that keeps getting foisted on us.

Oh, ha ha Mr. Smarty Pants. Prove that windmills don't cause cancer. You can't, can you? We didn't have windmills when I was young. Now, a mysterious amount of years later, when you go around the country they are everywhere the last few years. We can't say definitely whether or not this experimental energy source causes cancer.
When I was young, every farm had them.

Two things can be true.

1) Joes a upgrade over the last guy.
2) That's not saying much.
This is exactly the situation. I voted for Biden and am glad Trump is no longer President and hope he goes away forever. But Biden has been a complete failure and it will be a difficult two plus years yet to go. Not many people have faith in the current admin. And now more and more of his staff are jumping ship.

It's hilarious to read people who voted for Trump twice say stuff like this. Especially when they're probably still giving him money for whatever the latest scam Trump has been running through them is. Are you still waiting for your chance to eat lunch with Trump?
I didn't vote for Trump either time. It's amazing the only defense seems to be Trump. Even in the Covid downturn, things weren't as bad as they are now, and the expectation was always that there would be a turnaround. There's no such expectation now. It's hilarious people are defending Biden. Just be intellectually honest and admit he's a disaster. Just as Trump sabotaged himself, Biden is doing the same.

I voted for Biden. But he has been a massive failure so far. The man doesn’t have a clue what to do.

Rather than be a leader, he continues to be the career bureaucrat and place blame on everything and everyone but himself. Constant lying. Today he even pulled out the old democrat fallacy that republicans are going to take away social security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

We have runaway inflation and he thinks the economy is strong.

Yeah yeah…..BUT TRUMP!! I’m sorry, but when you have two of the worst presidents in U.S. history back to back…..one being a little less worse is nothing to be happy about.

Hopefully in 2024 Americans finally wake up and give us decent candidates instead of the crap that keeps getting foisted on us.
Well...the policy that kind of touches the economy which the GOP has put out there (Rick Scott's 11-point plan) included sunsetting social security, Medicare and Medicaid in 5 years....so where is the fallacy.

Reactions: TheCainer
I didn't vote for Trump either time. It's amazing the only defense seems to be Trump. Even in the Covid downturn, things weren't as bad as they are now, and the expectation was always that there would be a turnaround. There's no such expectation now. It's hilarious people are defending Biden. Just be intellectually honest and admit he's a disaster. Just as Trump sabotaged himself, Biden is doing the same.
You didn't post something really stupid about how Biden is lying to you, unlike the poster I was responding to. The rest is you just projecting some topic I wasn't addressing to your post. I can't say Biden is a disaster because I just went through 4 years of a complete disaster. At least with Biden I know our government will be functioning up to the next election and the people he is putting in place to do jobs are actually qualified to do that job. It's sad that just because a post isn't raking Biden across the coals means, in your mind, that I think everything is perfectly fine.

I'm not hopeful.
Me either.

I did not vote for President in 2016. I only voted for Biden in 2020 because I didn’t want to sit out another presidential election. If we get Trump vs. Biden II in 2024, I won’t be voting for President again.

I hope to God Romney gets the Republican nomination.

Reactions: EasyHawk
The voters of our nation had two bad choices for
President in 2016 and 2020. I did not vote in those
two elections. Now we are looking toward 2024.
I do not believe either Trump or Biden will be a
candidate for President again.

Bottom Line: America needs some young, intelligent
leadership in the White House. Hopefully, the GOP
and Democrats will give us legitimate candidates in 2024.

Well...the policy that kind of touches the economy which the GOP has put out there (Rick Scott's 11-point plan) included sunsetting social security, Medicare and Medicaid in 5 years....so where is the fallacy.

The fallacy is Biden trying to pass the Rick Scott plan off as the official GOP plan. It was one member of the party that put this out and it was already rejected by the rest of the party.

The fallacy is Biden trying to pass the Rick Scott plan off as the official GOP plan. It was one member of the party that put this out and it was already rejected by the rest of the party.
Rick Scott is not the elected Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee? I mean...I get you want to back away because he wasn't supposed to say the quiet things out loud....but it's not like Scott is some House staffer in shithole Florida.

First of all……you are lying when you say Scott’s 11 point plan is the GOP’s. It’s not. It’s Rick Scott’s. That’s like saying Bernie Sander’s plan is the Democrat’s.

Second, I looked up his 12 point plan (it’s not 11 points anymore). This is what you are referring to:

• All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again.
This doesn’t mean social security etc. will go away….it clearly states if a law is worth keeping Congress can keep it. If you think for one second members of Congress won’t keep Social Security and Medicare intact, you are a fool. Any politician who would vote against these would be committing political suicide.

Personally, I don’t agree with sunsetting federal legislation. I am also 99.999999% positive Scott’s plan will never come to fruition.

So yes, Biden calling Scott’s plan the GOP’s is a fallacy.

First of all……you are lying when you say Scott’s 11 point plan is the GOP’s. It’s not. It’s Rick Scott’s. That’s like saying Bernie Sander’s plan is the Democrat’s.

Second, I looked up his 12 point plan (it’s not 11 points anymore). This is what you are referring to:

• All federal legislation sunsets in 5 years. If a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again.
This doesn’t mean social security etc. will go away….it clearly states if a law is worth keeping Congress can keep it. If you think for one second members of Congress won’t keep Social Security and Medicare intact, you are a fool. Any politician who would vote against these would be committing political suicide.

Personally, I don’t agree with sunsetting federal legislation. I am also 99.999999% positive Scott’s plan will never come to fruition.

So yes, Biden calling Scott’s plan the GOP’s is a fallacy.
Again, Scott is the elected Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee....a very prominent and powerful position. Did he come up with a plan on all his own and no GOP agrees with it? Maybe. Or did he publish a policy consideration the McConnell wanted to keep under cloth....probably.

Again, Scott is the elected Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee....a very prominent and powerful position. Did he come up with a plan on all his own and no GOP agrees with it? Maybe. Or did he publish a policy consideration the McConnell wanted to keep under cloth....probably.
From NBCnews.com:

“Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has also rejected Scott's agenda.

“Let me tell you what would not be a part of our agenda,” he said in March. “We would not have as part of our agenda a bill that raises taxes on half the American people and sunsets Social Security and Medicare within five years. That will not be part of a Republican Senate majority agenda.

So much for your “probably” contention. NEXT!

From NBCnews.com:

“Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has also rejected Scott's agenda.

“Let me tell you what would not be a part of our agenda,” he said in March. “We would not have as part of our agenda a bill that raises taxes on half the American people and sunsets Social Security and Medicare within five years. That will not be part of a Republican Senate majority agenda.

So much for your “probably” contention. NEXT!
I mean...what else was he supposed to say. You sure do seem to believe GOP politicians....

I mean...what else was he supposed to say. You sure do seem to believe GOP politicians....
And you are a hyperpartisan. You choose what you want to believe. You pick the plan of ONE person and claim it is the platform of the entire party (with no basis). You say McConnell wanted to keep it under wraps (with ZERO basis), then when McConnell says he and the GOP don’t support it, you imply he’s lying.

Good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT