ADVERTISEMENT

Little thin-skinned there, buddy?

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Such a Bettendorf story --- middle aged white guy loses his shit when a smart ass teen mocks his driving.

Bettendorf man accused of punching teen getting off school bus​

Michael Todd Phipps

A Bettendorf man punched a 14-year-old during an argument on the street, according to Scott County authorities.

Michael Todd Phipps, 45, faces a single count of assault causing bodily injury or mental illness, a serious misdemeanor, according to court records. He is accused of punching the teen in the face at 1:19 p.m. on May 25 in the 3700 block of Vogal Court in Bettendorf. The boy suffered a concussion, a large bump above one of his eyes and swelling.

Phipps and the boy first encountered each other after the boy got off the school bus in front of Armstrong Elementary School in the 3300 block of Central Avenue, according to court documents. Phipps was parked across the street, waiting to pick up his children.

Phipps backed up his truck and collided with some trash cans, knocking the cans over, according to court records.

The boy allegedly yelled, “Good job, dude.”

Phipps got mad, left his truck and approached the boy, yelling at him, according to court records. The teen kept walking and Phipps returned to his truck and drove after the boy.

When he got close, Phipps got out and confronted the boy again, going “nose to nose” with him and yelling, the court records state. Phipps bumped the boy’s face with his own.

Phipps returned to his truck, drove off, dropped off his children, and returned to the area and confronted the boy again, court records state.

They were again nose-to-nose when the boy allegedly blew his breath in Phipps’ face. Phipps responded by punching the teenager in the left eye, police said.

The boy was treated in an emergency room.

Phipps was booked into the Scott County Jail at 4:20 p.m. on May 26, according to the jail website. He was in custody for about two hours before being released on a $1,000 bond.
He made his first appearance Friday, and his next court appearance is scheduled for June 16, court records state.

What's with a 14 year old getting off a school bus in front of a elementary school? Maybe Phipps thought something was fishy there too?

What's with a 14 year old getting off a school bus in front of a elementary school? Maybe Phipps thought something was fishy there too?
Not really. Many of the school bus stops in the Bettendorf district are near elementary schools. Kids aren't allowed to exit the bus at random places, they have assigned bus stops.

Reactions: gohawks50
This "adult" is a jackass and needs anger management classes, ASAP.
The most insane part is he DROVE HIS KIDS HOME AND CAME BACK!

Like, I've said/done things in the heat of rage I regret. But imagine being such a dickhead that you drove your own kids home and then WENT BACK AFTER a 14-year-old who made fun of your shitty driving.

What a psycho.

Bet it's the last time the 14 year old breathes in somebody's face. Maybe some Listerine is required? it was all posturing until that happened. ;)

Reactions: 24 so far
If you dig a bit on the guy he lost his mom, niece, and step father in a fire in 2021 also in Bettendorf.

Unrelated (assuming) in 1987 a football coach with the same last name that coached at Lourdes in Bettendorf was charged with touching a 14 year olds boys genitals, he spent 10 years in prison.

I'm going to keep my distance from that bloodline.

Meh. Keepin it real. The way clowns walk around now thinking they can say/do whatever they want will make old school men take action. Both are in the wrong.

If you dig a bit on the guy he lost his mom, niece, and step father in a fire in 2021 also in Bettendorf.

Unrelated (assuming) in 1987 a football coach with the same last name that coached at Lourdes in Bettendorf was charged with touching a 14 year olds boys genitals, he spent 10 years in prison.

I'm going to keep my distance from that bloodline.
Damn. Loose cannon. Hence the avoidance by NCHawk5 to tell everyone what he really thinks typically. The guy just lost his family, waiting for someone to take the grief out on.

Reactions: Moral
Political hack. We already know you don't watch basketball, but I guess you spend all day on Breitbart. Some life you have there, gramps.
Lol you calling someone a political hack is awesome. Stay great buddy!

Damn. Loose cannon. Hence the avoidance by NCHawk5 to tell everyone what he really thinks typically. The guy just lost his family, waiting for someone to take the grief out on.

Sometimes when I want to toss the dreaded middle finger at someone, I think back to all of the terrible stories I have read online, and decide I don’t want to chance being one.

Reactions: torbee and NCHawk5
Sometimes when I want to toss the dreaded middle finger at someone, I think back to all of the terrible stories I have read online, and decide I don’t want to chance being one.
As a young man, I definitely enjoyed antagonizing people on the road. Now I’m much more conservative. Idk maybe I just got lazy 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Moral
Such a Bettendorf story --- middle aged white guy loses his shit when a smart ass teen mocks his driving.

Michael Todd Phipps

A Bettendorf man punched a 14-year-old during an argument on the street, according to Scott County authorities.

Michael Todd Phipps, 45, faces a single count of assault causing bodily injury or mental illness, a serious misdemeanor, according to court records. He is accused of punching the teen in the face at 1:19 p.m. on May 25 in the 3700 block of Vogal Court in Bettendorf. The boy suffered a concussion, a large bump above one of his eyes and swelling.

Phipps and the boy first encountered each other after the boy got off the school bus in front of Armstrong Elementary School in the 3300 block of Central Avenue, according to court documents. Phipps was parked across the street, waiting to pick up his children.

Phipps backed up his truck and collided with some trash cans, knocking the cans over, according to court records.

Phipps got mad, left his truck and approached the boy, yelling at him, according to court records. The teen kept walking and Phipps returned to his truck and drove after the boy.

When he got close, Phipps got out and confronted the boy again, going “nose to nose” with him and yelling, the court records state. Phipps bumped the boy’s face with his own.

Phipps returned to his truck, drove off, dropped off his children, and returned to the area and confronted the boy again, court records state.

They were again nose-to-nose when the boy allegedly blew his breath in Phipps’ face. Phipps responded by punching the teenager in the left eye, police said.

Phipps was booked into the Scott County Jail at 4:20 p.m. on May 26, according to the jail website. He was in custody for about two hours before being released on a $1,000 bond.
He made his first appearance Friday, and his next court appearance is scheduled for June 16, court records state.
Guy is a douche for sure but Torbee, I have to ask why you specifically said a white guy? I mean the picture is right there. Also, should this wacko have been black would you have described his color as well?

Michael Todd Phipps

I’m not gonna go digging for the post, but doesn’t he look like that ‘MMA fighter’ that posted his address and invited someone on the board to fight him in his driveway?

The most insane part is he DROVE HIS KIDS HOME AND CAME BACK!

Like, I've said/done things in the heat of rage I regret. But imagine being such a dickhead that you drove your own kids home and then WENT BACK AFTER a 14-year-old who made fun of your shitty driving.

What a psycho.
I want to know which board member this was immediately!

Z

I’m not gonna go digging for the post, but doesn’t he look like that ‘MMA fighter’ that posted his address and invited someone on the board to fight him in his driveway?
Steven Patrick isn't from Bettendorf, sir. Besides, he was making custom sausages at the time of the assault.

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks
This guy looks like he finally encountered someone that he could take out years of frustration on,... Just took a 14 year old to present as a viable target.

Reactions: torbee
"Michael Todd Phipps, 45, faces a single count of assault causing bodily injury or mental illness, a serious misdemeanor, according to court records."

WTF, how can assault cause mental illness?

Michael Todd Phipps

Torbee just called someone else thin skinned. That is comedy gold right there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT