ADVERTISEMENT

***LIve Updates from neighbors garage sale*** and ask THE_DEVIL Anything thread.

Are they the donate what they don’t sell types, or the “I won’t take less than $100 for my grandpa’s 1972 Spalding golf clubs” so unsold stuff goes back into the basement types?

Reactions: goldmom
Are they the donate what they don’t sell types, or the “I won’t take less than $100 for my grandpa’s 1972 Spalding golf clubs” so unsold stuff goes back into the basement types?
They pack everything up for the next sale every 3 weeks or so during the season. They are good people, neighbor wife (no pics) is a shopaholic so there is always a good supply of new with tags merch.

How many “chotchkys” ( or however you spell it) have been carted off by very overweight women in their 50’s who have a hubby sit in the car waiting for them?
Driving a full size American four door from the early 2000’s with an American flag sticker on the bumper and a faded paint job.
Garage Sales have really fallen off in popularity here in NoFla even before Covid. There used to be so many up until maybe 8-9 years ago.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
How many “chotchkys” ( or however you spell it) have been carted off by very overweight women in their 50’s who have a hubby sit in the car waiting for them?
Driving a full size American four door from the early 2000’s with an American flag sticker on the bumper and a faded paint job.
Garage Sales have really fallen off in popularity here in NoFla even before Covid. There used to be so many up until maybe 8-9 years ago.
So far mostly mid size suvs. Its too early for the Suburban/Expedition ladies to roll up. So far the guys have accompanied their wives. The best part of these things is the cramped driving and parking circus. Lots of bumper tapping and 9 point turns make for interesting watching. No political enhanced vehicles so far.

Reactions: goldmom
So far mostly mid size suvs. Its too early for the Suburban/Expedition ladies to roll up. So far the guys have accompanied their wives. The best part of these things is the cramped driving and parking circus. Lots of bumper tapping and 9 point turns make for interesting watching. No political enhanced vehicles so far.
Hubby has a gut, wears suspenders and a cap with a flag or a Vietnam vet logo? Silver Facial hair?

Failed to add that our street is the location of a bunch of kids driving mocked up miata size vehicles that run about 45 mph in in the 25 mph zone. This along with idiots parking up to the corner s at the intersection makes for interesting interactions.

Got a real rear window scenario here

20200326-rear-window-08.jpg

I'd be interested in the old clubs. Persimmon woods and blade irons. I'll give you $20, $25 if they are Hogan's.

Looks like the initial rush is over. Down to 3 cars. Wait, the guy in the somewhat new Denali extended length pick up has returned.
There’s ALWAYS a lull around 10-11 AM. There will be one last push early afternoon and then the buyers have to either go home for a nap or get to their booths at the flea market to restock.

ADVERTISEMENT