ADVERTISEMENT

LMPD declares state of emergency ahead of Breonna Taylor decision

Why are people so stuck on that one where charges against cops are concerned? It's more indicative of poor police policy than an instance of egregious behavior by a cop. No knock warrants are problematic, so fix that.

The city paid her family 12 million for the mistake.

Why are people so stuck on that one where charges against cops are concerned? It's more indicative of poor police policy than an instance of egregious behavior by a cop. No knock warrants are problematic, so fix that.

This so much. The cops were given a job that was just asking for this kind of volatile outcome. Unless I am unaware of more details from case, which is entirely possible

Except for the whole corruption part, in obtaining the warrant, unlawfully and recklessly carrying out the warrant, and the ensuing coverup. This case is more expansive than bad policy.

You are a bit of a one trick pony. You seem to contribute very little though. Do you not have any original thoughts?

This doesnt even make sense. Did Soros fund dozens of radical leftist DA's around the country that enable riots ? you bet he did and i can list them.

"original thoughts" , is that in contrast with facts that hurt your ears ?

This doesnt even make sense. Did Soros fund dozens of radical leftist DA's around the country that enable riots ? you bet he did and i can list them.

"original thoughts" , is that in contrast with facts that hurt your ears ?

No, your comments did not hurt my ears. They just did not add to the conversation. That appears to be the case in many of your posts though.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
You tell me...If there’s no chargeable count are you proposing they make something so no one “gets off”?
I didn't say charges. What I did mean, however, is they could possibly be let off of any sort of responsibility or accountability of killing someone in the middle of the night in their own apartment.

I'm not sure murder charges are appropriate here. I don't know the details of the raid, but I'm guessing the people performing it had no way to know that they were at the wrong house and were just doing their job.

Some sort of criminal negligence charge for the people who set up the raid seems more appropriate to me. With the $12 million dollar settlement it sounds like the city (on behalf of the officer...at least I'm guessing it's the city's liability insurance that would be covering that) is taking responsibility for their part of the tragedy.

It just sucks that these sorts of incidents are so common that people are having difficulties looking at individual instances and are grouping them all together. While that should be done in a conversation about why we need major police training reform, when it comes to criminal charges I think it's a different story.

It's unfortunate she was killed but when trash hangs with trash and deals dope while doing it, shit happens. These people all were a blight on society. Let's hope those that are still free in Louisville behave after being made aware of the facts in this case.

It's unfortunate she was killed but when trash hangs with trash and deals dope while doing it, shit happens. These people all were a blight on society. Let's hope those that are still free in Louisville behave after being made aware of the facts in this case.

The facts of the case? Are you able to acknowledge the facts of the case? An idiot cop fired 10 shots blindly into an apartment And shot an unarmed ER worker was 5 times. That’s the facts of the case. What is there to not understand?

The facts of the case? Are you able to acknowledge the facts of the case? An idiot cop fired 10 shots blindly into an apartment And shot an unarmed ER worker was 5 times. That’s the facts of the case. What is there to not understand?

And this is where my perspective may be off because I don't know exactly what happened here. Did he really have no vision? If so, then manslaughter might be justified. I would never know all the details unless I was on the Grand Jury. Regardless, if I'm a cop and some jackass starts firing blindly through an apartment wall at the sound of gunfire I'd be pissed at him as well.

And this is where my perspective may be off because I don't know exactly what happened here. Did he really have no vision? If so, then manslaughter might be justified. I would never know all the details unless I was on the Grand Jury. Regardless, if I'm a cop and some jackass starts firing blindly through an apartment wall at the sound of gunfire I'd be pissed at him as well.

Detective Brett Hankison, who has since been fired, shot 10 rounds blindly into the apartment.

Detective Brett Hankison, who has since been fired, shot 10 rounds blindly into the apartment.
Mayor Greg Fischer announced Friday that Louisville Metro Police is initiating termination of officer Brett Hankison, one of three officers to fire weapons at Breonna Taylor’s apartment, killing her.

Taylor was shot by officers at her apartment on March 13 as they entered to serve a no-knock warrant. Her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, fired a shot as officers entered, thinking they were intruders, and Taylor was shot eight times in the ensuing gunfire from officers.

Taylor lived in an apartment on Springfield Drive, and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was inside with her when LMPD officials said the officers arrived and announced themselves even though the conditions of the no-knock warrant did not require them to do so.
The warrant listed Taylor and two men named Adrian Orlandes Walker and Jamarcus Glover. Investigators said both men were under suspicion of trafficking drugs.
A detective told the judge he believed Glover was using Taylor’s apartment as part of a trafficking ring, shipping drugs there to avoid detection.

The investigation described surveillance cameras at another address on Elliot Avenue, where Glover and Walker are accused of selling drugs, hiding packages and seeing as many as 20 cars pull up in a span of an hour.
The warrant said Glover and Walker were seen driving a red Dodge Charger listed in the warrant to Taylor’s house on multiple occasions.

During the raid at Taylor’s apartment, a man named Kenneth Walker allegedly shot one of the officers, forcing them to return fire, striking and killing Taylor. Any possible connection between Adrian and Kenneth Walker is not currently known.

Oh you didnt read about it yet I see. Go read all the files. She, like most of these martyrs the left worships, made a bunch of terrible decisions in her life including who she chose to take on as lovers. Dealing crack out of her house was just another. She would still be alive if she chose a healthier path in life.

Oh you didnt read about it yet I see. Go read all the files. She, like most of these martyrs the left worships, made a bunch of terrible decisions in her life including who she chose to take on as lovers. Dealing crack out of her house was just another. She would still be alive if she chose a healthier path in life.

No. She would be alive if an idiot didn’t fire 10 shots blindly into her apartment. I get that you’re OK with cops delving out death sentences to those you don’t like, but it’s a very shitty way to be.

ADVERTISEMENT