ADVERTISEMENT

LMPD declares state of emergency ahead of Breonna Taylor decision

@Fluffles @NKSHawk
Either of you read the linked article? Care to comment since you're both claiming it's all fake news and police lies?
arrest warrant was not for either person inside the household but rather for an ex boyfriend.
“What happened in Louisville?
Shortly after midnight on March 13, Louisville police officers executing a search warrant used a battering ram to enter the apartment of Ms. Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician.

The police had been investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor’s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor’s residence because the police said they believed that one of the men had used her apartment to receive packages. Ms. Taylor had been dating that man on and off for several years but had recently severed ties with him, according to her family’s lawyer.

Ms. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had been in bed, but got up when they heard a loud banging at the door. Mr. Walker said he and Ms. Taylor both called out, asking who was at the door. Mr. Walker later told the police he feared it was Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend trying to break in.“

All good though, you and your MAGA buds have your talking points to spread on social media so I’ll just keep adding to ignore lists and sit this out.

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News
Protesters in Austin, Texas; Tempe, Ariz.; and Portland, Ore., took to the streets in their respective cities to march in step with the Black Lives Matter movement. In some instances, police and federal agents clashed with protesters, but in one demonstration, protesters paid their respects to one of their own in Texas.
Calls for drastic criminal justice and police reforms have swept the country since the death of George Floyd, but local prosecutors already are making waves on that front — in a sign that under-the-radar political investments made by progressive groups in recent years are paying off.
District attorneys and current candidates whose campaigns benefited from the work of left-wing organizations – including ones backed by liberal billionaire George Soros – are now pushing for new practices that could see sharp reductions in prosecutions and incarcerations.
Soros, through the Justice & Public Safety PAC
and other groups, has been spending millions of dollars on prosecutorial races in recent years, with a number of beneficiaries making headlines since their elections.
St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner, who was boosted by Soros in her campaign, drew controversy when she announced her office was bringing felony charges against Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the couple who brandished guns outside their home as protesters marched by in June.
The McCloskeys have said many times they were defending themselves, with tensions high in St. Louis and other cities over race and law enforcement. They said the crowd of demonstrators broke an iron gate marked with “No Trespassing” and “Private Street” signs, and that some threatened them.
Missouri GOP Gov. Mike Parson said he would consider pardons for the couple if charges were filed.
Another high-profile prosecutor who has been backed by Soros in the past is Cook County, Ill. State’s Attorney Kim Foxx. Foxx drew national attention when she dismissed the case against actor Jussie Smollett, who had been accused of faking a hate crime attack against himself. The case was later taken over by a special prosecutor who filed new charges.
Foxx is seeking reelection this year and already won her Democratic primary. Regarding ongoing protests in her jurisdiction, she has said that her office will lean toward dismissing cases coming from protests or curfew violations (Mayor Lori Lightfoot imposed a curfew between May 30 and June 6 after a George Floyd protest).
“The question it comes down to is, is it a good use of our time and resources?” Foxx told the Chicago Sun-Times. “No, it’s not.”
Looking at her term in office, a report from the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund found a 13 percent decline in guilty pleas or verdicts in felony cases and a 39 percent increase in dropped or lost cases after Foxx took office in 2016.
San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin, another beneficiary of Soros-tied contributions, recently defended the movement to defund police.
In a discussion with Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., earlier in July, Boudin questioned whether money going to police was “the most effective” use of taxpayer dollars.
“Is there some other way we could spend this money that would make us safer or do a better job of achieving the goals that we have?” Boudin asked. He went on to say that policing and incarceration “are tremendously expensive and are failed responses to what we are trying to deal with.”
Boudin is also one of a number of district attorneys participating in “Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commissions,” teaming with the Grassroots Law Project, an organization co-founded by activist Shaun King that calls for defunding police.
The other district attorneys who are participating in these commissions are Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner and Suffolk County, Mass., DA Rachael Rollins, who have both benefited from Soros’ support.
Krasner, who was elected after Soros put $1.45 million into a political action committee that supported him,
has also taken a public stance regarding events that have spun out of the protests over Floyd’s death, particularly the federal response to violent demonstrations in cities like Portland.
In a Washington Post op-ed he co-wrote with Baltimore DA Marilyn Mosby, Krasner threatened to have federal officers arrested and charged if they overstep their authority in his jurisdiction, after officers in Portland were accused of using excessive force.
“Should Trump send federal agents who engage in the same illegal vigilante activities, unlawfully assaulting and kidnapping people, they will face criminal charges from our offices,” Krasner and Mosby said.
In Contra Costa County, Calif., District Attorney Diana Becton – also backed by Soros – changed how her office handles police shooting cases, removing deputy district attorney Barry Grove from his role as the main prosecutor in such cases, switching to a team approach, according to the Mercury News.
Becton also announced earlier this month that she was filing hate crime charges against Nichole Anderson and David Nelson, white people who were allegedly caught painting over a Black Lives Matter mural.
Orlando State Attorney candidate Monique Worrell is also backed by a group linked to Soros in her quest to fill the seat that will be vacated by Aramis Ayala, who was also supported by Soros. Worrell’s platform calls for an end to cash bail, which would result in more defendants being released before their trial.
She also says that incarceration should be a “last resort,” and that those who do not pose “a threat to the physical safety of others” should not be placed behind bars.
NONE of that supports the claims you made.

But it sure does show the degree to which you have been brainwashed.

Announcement coming within the hour.

IMO, whichever officers hit Taylor with a shot or shots should be charged with manslaughter. Even law enforcement can't be firing wildly into a dwelling.

arrest warrant was not for either person inside the household but rather for an ex boyfriend.
“What happened in Louisville?
Shortly after midnight on March 13, Louisville police officers executing a search warrant used a battering ram to enter the apartment of Ms. Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician.

The police had been investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor’s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor’s residence because the police said they believed that one of the men had used her apartment to receive packages. Ms. Taylor had been dating that man on and off for several years but had recently severed ties with him, according to her family’s lawyer.

Ms. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had been in bed, but got up when they heard a loud banging at the door. Mr. Walker said he and Ms. Taylor both called out, asking who was at the door. Mr. Walker later told the police he feared it was Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend trying to break in.“

All good though, you and your MAGA buds have your talking points to spread on social media so I’ll just keep adding to ignore lists and sit this out.
In other words, "I have no idea what took place or the reasons for the cops being there nor do I care, I just want to fan racial flames bc I think it'll help my side".
Just say that next time.

IMO, whichever officers hit Taylor with a shot or shots should be charged with manslaughter. Even law enforcement can't be firing wildly into a dwelling.
So the first cop through the door after knocking and announcing police is shot. You are the second coming through the door-what do you in that split second ?

that is not “firing wildly” necessarily. Do we know if the gunman who fired first is standing right behind Ms Taylor ? We really dont

the police are not guilty of a criminal charge here

Ugh they were returning fire after being shot at. They were there on a legal warrant and were shot at.
I hope the mayor and AD have the balls to explain exactly what happened and why charges aren't being filed bc of facts of the case, not political racially driven emotion.

Ugh they were returning fire after being shot at. They were there on a legal warrant and were shot at.
I hope the mayor and AD have the balls to explain exactly what happened and why charges aren't being filed bc of facts of the case, not political racially driven emotion.

Taylor wasn't armed. They weren't firing at the person shooting at them. They were firing wildly into a building known to be occupied by a person not named in the warrant.

So the first cop through the door after knocking and announcing police is shot. You are the second coming through the door-what do you in that split second ?

that is not “firing wildly” necessarily. Do we know if the gunman who fired first is standing right behind Ms Taylor ? We really dont

the police are not guilty of a criminal charge here

And yet, the idiot who shot 10 times blindly into a room where unarmed people were, was fired by the police immediately. Why did he get fired if he did nothing wrong? And if there were children there, there would be dead children. This isn't a hard one to figure out. It's negligent homicide at least.

Taylor wasn't armed. They weren't firing at the person shooting at them. They were firing wildly into a building known to be occupied by a person not named in the warrant.

If you're referring to Breonna, she was named in the warrant.

Here's a impartial article that distinguishes some facts from rumors in this case. Link

i really dont understand the false narrative. If you are dealing drugs out of your house, police have a warrant and come through the door-thugs fires and shoots officer-police return fre and one of the wanted suspects is killed in the crossfire.

Tragic but not criminal behavior on the part of the police.

Well funded , orchestrated radical left just looking to burn, loot and destabilize

Link to her dealing drugs? Link to her having distribution amounts of drugs in her house? Link to a warrant for her arrest? An ex boyfriend got packages at her apartment. That’s it. That justified a no knock warrant that got her killed.

And yet, the idiot who shot 10 times blindly into a room where unarmed people were, was fired by the police immediately. Why did he get fired if he did nothing wrong? And if there were children there, there would be dead children. This isn't a hard one to figure out. It's negligent homicide at least.
The people were unarmed ? The first police office through the door was shot......after knocking and announcing police. Taylor was wanted with a warrant.

Link to her dealing drugs? Link to her having distribution amounts of drugs in her house? Link to a warrant for her arrest? An ex boyfriend got packages at her apartment. That’s it. That justified a no knock warrant that got her killed.
read the thread. WAVE TV 3 in Louisville details her warrant for drug trafficking.

Good grief

Reactions: Mattski
No, they were returning fire. You're adding the wildly part bc you think it helps it show carelessness. Once they started taking fire, why does it matter who was on the warrant? You think they should not be able to shoot back bc the person shooting might not be on a warrant? Smh.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
She was unarmed and shot 5 times.
She was standing next to her bf, they aren’t sure the guy firing without a clear view even landed a bullet. I thought I had read that they determined the shots that landed were by the officers by the door, I believe the apartment was dark.

Reactions: farmandfleet
yes she was hit in the crossfire after her boyfriend shot a police officer and police returned fire. Where was she standing in relation to the gunman ?

Crossfire? Walker shot once. He was never hit. She was hit 5 times. What don't you get here? Why isn't Walker dead?

The police chief vehemently disagrees with you about what happened.

Officer Brett Hankison was fired for his actions during the raid. In his termination letter, his chief says Hankison's conduct "displayed an extreme indifference to the value of human life" and is a "shock to the conscience" as he "wantonly and blindly fired ten (10) rounds".

Reactions: Finance85
Taylor was named in the warrant, her residence was under surveillance for trafficking drugs.

"Taylor was shot by officers at her apartment on March 13 as they entered to serve a no-knock warrant. Her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, fired a shot as officers entered, thinking they were intruders, and Taylor was shot eight times in the ensuing gunfire from officers.

Taylor lived in an apartment on Springfield Drive, and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was inside with her when LMPD officials said the officers arrived and announced themselves even though the conditions of the no-knock warrant did not require them to do so.
The warrant listed Taylor and two men named Adrian Orlandes Walker and Jamarcus Glover. Investigators said both men were under suspicion of trafficking drugs.
A detective told the judge he believed Glover was using Taylor’s apartment as part of a trafficking ring, shipping drugs there to avoid detection.
"

Something does not add up here for me. Why would Kenneth Walker fire at suspected intruders if the police had announced themselves as stated later? Also, I would think that the far right would agree with Walker using a gun to protect his home from intruders. It is sad that Taylor was killed in this exchange and both parties should be held accountable as neither side should have started shooting without a better idea as to what was happening.

No, they were returning fire. You're adding the wildly part bc you think it helps it show carelessness. Once they started taking fire, why does it matter who was on the warrant? You think they should not be able to shoot back bc the person shooting might not be on a warrant? Smh.

Wildly because she wasn't armed and ten shots were fired. I'm not aware of any training that supports firing at an unidentified target,

Something does not add up here for me. Why would Kenneth Walker fire at suspected intruders if the police had announced themselves as stated later? Also, I would think that the far right would agree with Walker using a gun to protect his home from intruders. It is sad that Taylor was killed in this exchange and both parties should be held accountable as neither side should have started shooting without a better idea as to what was happening.

I bet if the cops did this to Cliven Bundy and he shot at them, the right wingers on here would want to throw him a parade.

Reactions: BelemNole
Crossfire? Walker shot once. He was never hit. She was hit 5 times. What don't you get here? Why isn't Walker dead?

The police chief vehemently disagrees with you about what happened.

Officer Brett Hankison was fired for his actions during the raid. In his termination letter, his chief says Hankison's conduct "displayed an extreme indifference to the value of human life" and is a "shock to the conscience" as he "wantonly and blindly fired ten (10) rounds".
yes, walker shot the first police officer as he walked through the door-the other officers then returned fire and Taylor was struck in the crossfire-do you know where Taylor was standing or sitting in relation to Walker ? No you dont. So how can you continue to accuse them of firing blindly ?

Do you think the police chief is acting under immense political pressure with threats of violent looting and rioting threatening to burn down the city ?

Just because a tragedy occured does not mean it was criminal. I think these charges are B.S. Dumping it all on the officer when there were so many mistakes leading up to this that put everybody involved in the bad positions they ended up in.

Bottom line, my belief is if cops are taking fire they can return fire.

The people who want to eradicate all civilian police (marxists) are going to continue to hold police to unrealistic standards of perfection while dealing with violent criminals. The police are putting their lives on the line for the public. How about the cop who took a bullet in this case ?

Just because a tragedy occured does not mean it was criminal. I think these charges are B.S. Dumping it all on the officer when there were so many mistakes leading up to this that put everybody involved in the bad positions they ended up in.

Bottom line, my belief is if cops are taking fire they can return fire.

Taylor didn't fire a shot. She was unarmed.

yes, walker shot the first police officer as he walked through the door-the other officers then returned fire and Taylor was struck in the crossfire-do you know where Taylor was standing or sitting in relation to Walker ? No you dont. So how can you continue to accuse them of firing blindly ?

Because the guy who fired wasn't scratched and the person without a gun was shot 5 times. THAT'S how I know he fired blindly. Again...not too difficult.

The people who want to eradicate all civilian police (marxists) are going to continue to hold police to unrealistic standards of perfection while dealing with violent criminals. The police are putting their lives on the line for the public. How about the cop who took a bullet in this case ?

He and the other cops should have shot the guy who shot him in the face. Not shot the unarmed person 5 times.

Because the guy who fired wasn't scratched and the person without a gun was shot 5 times. THAT'S how I know he fired blindly. Again...not too difficult.
So a dark room and the cop in front of you was just blown away............you are next through the door......do you know if Walker was standing right behind Taylor ?

You dont. People get in a crossfire sometimes, thats the real world. Tragic but not criminal.

Heres an idea. Dont deal drugs and dont shoot police officers.

Expecting lots of destruction tonight.

The City can't win here. If they charge with murder, it wont stick, and there would be riots.

If they don't, there will be riots.

Either way, riots.

Its not murder. Manslaughter maybe.

[/B]
Not to be insensitive but she was a big girl. He likely used her as a human shield. These drug gang lifers are worse than human scum.
They use the Breonnas of the world in every way imaginable and wouldn't give a 2nd thought to firing from behind her if they thought it might save their own skin. They should be the ones this country is disgusted and outraged by... but instead its LE some want to aim our disgust.

Reactions: farmandfleet
Not to be insensitive but she was a big girl. He likely used her as a human shield. These drug gang lifers are worse than human scum.
They use the Breonnas of the world in every way imaginable and wouldn't give a 2nd thought to firing from behind her if they thought it might save their own skin. They should be the ones this country is disgusted and outraged by... but instead its LE some want to aim our disgust.

Well, no-knock warrants are BS. I will say that.

ADVERTISEMENT