ADVERTISEMENT

"Lock Him Up" Chant Breaks Out at the World Series (Trump shown on big screen)

A lot of wisdom that comes from you. Doesn't take much to just call people liars. That says a lot about you.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim regarding the 3 largest cities taking more federal money than they give?

Ah, deflections. It's OK, nobody really took your post as being real and I don't think you really are in sixth grade.

Even though you write like a sixth grader.

Your childish insults are refreshing. I'm glad you have a safe place to release your struggles in life. If the best you can do is tell someone on message board they write like a 6th grader than you're a severely limited person in life. If you're a teenager I apologize it'll grow out of you.

Your childish insults are refreshing. I'm glad you have a safe place to release your struggles in life. If the best you can do is tell someone on message board they write like a 6th grader than you're a severely limited person in life. If you're a teenager I apologize it'll grow out of you.

*then*

Severely limited indeed..

Reactions: IACub
Severely limited indeed..

Ah correct you are! Bad mistake by me. If this is what so many of you choose for your ammo on here awesome. Enjoy your life on message boards policing grammar. It's what empowers you in this world.

Ah correct you are! Bad mistake by me. If this is what so many of you choose for your ammo on here awesome. Enjoy your life on message boards policing grammar. It's what empowers you in this world.

If you learned how to use punctuation, it would make your sentences much easier to read. I had to go over that three times to translate it. You sound like Trump.

Tell you what, why don't you just give this a rest and go pose for some fly fishing pictures?

It just takes someone lying, like you

You live on this board. This board is your life.

What exactly am I lying about? That big cities produce way too much pollution? That tourists pull over to see an elk? First time I saw an elk I was amazed. I take elk sheds back to Iowa all the time. People ask me if it's fake. They can't believe how big their antlers are.

Is my life that people act like idiots around buffalo? Is it I've had my pic taken several times while fly fishing? Because if it's that I assure you it's not because I'm special. Tourists walk by see a guy in the middle of a stream casting flies amongst a backdrop of mountains and endless wilderness. People take pics. This day in age a lot of pics.

The point of my post is big city dwellers act like everyone that lives outside the city are idiots. They need saving from polluting their homes and saving from their redneck ways. When in fact it's the big cities that are killing the planet, packing people into tiny living conditions and the rich get richer off it all. The data coming out of these cities of the harms to the natural environment are insane.

If you learned how to use punctuation, it would make your sentences much easier to read. I had to go over that three times to translate it. You sound like Trump.

Tell you what, why don't you just give this a rest and go pose for some fly fishing pictures?

I really dont care how I type on some message board I use 2 days out of a month. If it bothers you I apologize. I will however still treat you with respect because it was how I was raised and at one time treating people with respect held worth in society. If you feel the need to belittle people for something as dumb as message board punctuation well go fo it dude. That's just who you are as a person and I can accept that.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim regarding the 3 largest cities taking more federal money than they give?

California receives 436.1 billion a year in federal $ which is the most of any state. Texas is 2nd, Florida 3rd, New York 4th, Virginia 5th, Pennsylvania 6th and Illinois 7th. Most all of your midwest and mountain west states are towards the bottom and receive the least amount per resident.

Now I'm not going to spend my day researching all the stats for big cities but I do know of the states above listed the big cities take the lions share of those billions of dollars. These big cities in these states also bring in the highest revenues in the country and are epic centers for business. These cities also have some of the biggest education budgets but face big issues in education. Same can be said for housing. Environmental concerns, infrastructure funding. Minorities complain of no funding for their schools, housing unfairness, lack of economic growth.

Look these big cities are flush with cash both federally and locally but they face huge issues. To say the rural communities take more than they give is ridiculous. Especially when you compare the issues that face both urban and rural communities. Politicians also ripped the economic foundations from these rural communities. You can thank both the left and the right for that.

The point of my post is big city dwellers act like everyone that lives outside the city are idiots. They need saving from polluting their homes and saving from their redneck ways. When in fact it's the big cities that are killing the planet, packing people into tiny living conditions and the rich get richer off it all. The data coming out of these cities of the harms to the natural environment are insane.
This paragraph could not be more wrong.

1. No, big city dwellers don't think this. This is an idea that has been sold to people for political purposes. The inferiority complex thing is a damn emotional ploy to keep rural voters reliably R, and it drives a shit ton of the rhetoric of Right wing media. I have talked about this mythological bullshit for years here. The only "big city dwellers" who do feel this way about rural Americans are the low self-esteemers who, should they find themselves living a rural American existence, would surely switch allegiances immediately given it is important to them to feel, somehow, better than some other group of people. It's simply not true that, as a rule, big city people feel superior. Having lived in Chicago, LA, San Francisco, and NYC, and being from the middle-est of middle America, I can speak to this. Big city dwellers have deep respect for the ruralism, agrarianism, "salt of the earth" types. Will they snicker about fashion sense? About regional accents and manners of speaking? Of course. Do they expect the same from their counterparts—meaning to be made fun of for their big city peculiarities? Yes, absolutely. The main difference is there is no Left wing media bent on creating a falsely-manufactured inferiority complex relative to rural Americans.

2. Big city people are not bent on telling people how to live. This is also false. In fact, big city people are increasingly trying to incorporate more ruralism, more agrarianism, into their lives. Witness the boom of neighborhood and community gardens. Of rural/agrarian tourism. Of environmentalism. These are things quite popular these days. Hell, the GND, authored by city dwellers in collaboration with fûcking leaders of sustainable farming, yes, this means farmers, with fücking leaders of small and medium-size cities and city planners, yes, this means middle Americans. Read the Green New Deal. Read This Changes Everything. It's basically saying, uh, can we get back to promoting small town and small city America? Can we get back to living more locally? Can we rebuild the network of small towns and cities that give the country the responsiveness it needs with the present and coming challenges related to global warming and climate change?

3. No, big cities aren't killing the planet. A whole host of behaviors is killing the planet. It's not a their fault thing, it's an everybody-is-at-fault thing, because the blame is all-encompassing. It's systemic. This "American way of life" is, essentially, a sense of freedom—a "right" for some—to consume uninhibitedly. Everything needs to be reconsidered. Our way of life is at fault. And, no, this isn't to suggest that Americans or America is uniquely at fault for this whole debacle. Hate globalism? Good. The notion that other societies want to pursue uninhibited consumerism and consumption, mimicking, in any way, this truism of America—well, blame greed and gluttony. This is what I wish Christianity would focus on these days. Hell, I think this is kind of Pope Frank's schtick.

4. The data coming from most aspects of this economic system as it relates to pollution, mismanagement of resources, energy, etc is insane. Whether it is cities' wastefulness, industrial farming practices, etc and so on.

As long as we're always pointing the finger out and away from ourselves, always looking for someone else to blame, nothing will improve. We're all to blame. We all are going to have to think about how we live in harmony and disharmony with each other and our planet. Period. Fly fisherman or skateboarder, overalls wearer or skinny jeans $8 coffee-drinker. As long as we make enemies of each other, well, we're all going to lose.

Last edited:
I really dont care how I type on some message board I use 2 days out of a month. If it bothers you I apologize. I will however still treat you with respect because it was how I was raised and at one time treating people with respect held worth in society. If you feel the need to belittle people for something as dumb as message board punctuation well go fo it dude. That's just who you are as a person and I can accept that.

K

FUNFACT: With the largest population, they also (very likely) pay the most, and fairly certain they pay in more than they get.

I won't argue that. As someone who has worked for federal and state governments I can tell you that large amounts of the money paid federally gets spent before it returns to any state. Government does a fantastic job of blowing through money. I live in a very conservative state and can tell you what the state pays in and what it gets back is like a few pennies on the dollar. My wife is a teacher in the state. Our state education department only gets 9% back of what we pay the federal department of education in taxes.

FUNFACT: With the largest population, they also (very likely) pay the most, and fairly certain they pay in more than they get.

I won't argue that. As someone who has worked for federal and state governments I can tell you that large amounts of the money paid federally gets spent before it returns to any state. Government does a fantastic job of blowing through money. I live in a very conservative state and can tell you what the state pays in and what it gets back is like a few pennies on the dollar. My wife is a teacher in the state. Our state education department only gets 9% back of what we pay the federal department of education in taxes.

This paragraph could not be more wrong.

1. No, big city dwellers don't think this. This is an idea that has been sold to people for political purposes. The inferiority complex thing is a damn emotional ploy to keep rural voters reliably R, and it drives a shit ton of the rhetoric of Right wing media. I have talked about this mythological bullshit for years here. The only "big city dwellers" who do feel this way about rural Americans are the low self-esteemers who, should they find themselves living a rural American existence, would surely switch allegiances immediately given it is important to them to feel, somehow, better than some other group of people. It's simply not true that, as a rule, big city people feel superior. Having lived in Chicago, LA, San Francisco, and NYC, and being from the middle-est of middle America, I can speak to this. Big city dwellers have deep respect for the ruralism, agrarianism, "salt of the earth" types. Will they snicker about fashion sense? About regional accents and manners of speaking? Of course. Do they expect the same from their counterparts—meaning to be made fun of for their big city peculiarities? Yes, absolutely. The main difference is there is no Left wing media bent on creating a falsely-manufactured inferiority complex relative to rural Americans.

2. Big city people are not bent on telling people how to live. This is also false. In fact, big city people are increasingly trying to incorporate more ruralism, more agrarianism, into their lives. Witness the boom of neighborhood and community gardens. Of rural/agrarian tourism. Of environmentalism. These are things quite popular these days. Hell, the GND, authored by city dwellers in collaboration with fûcking leaders of sustainable farming, yes, this means farmers, with fücking leaders of small and medium-size cities and city planners, yes, this means middle Americans. Read the Green New Deal. Read This Changes Everything. It's basically saying, uh, can we get back to promoting small town and small city America? Can we get back to living more locally? Can we rebuild the network of small towns and cities that give the country the responsiveness it needs with the present and coming challenges related to global warming and climate change?

3. No, big cities aren't killing the planet. A whole host of behaviors is killing the planet. It's not a their fault thing, it's an everybody-is-at-fault thing, because the blame is all-encompassing. It's systemic. This "American way of life" is, essentially, a sense of freedom—a "right" for some—to consume uninhibitedly. Everything needs to be reconsidered. Our way of life is at fault. And, no, this isn't to suggest that Americans or America is uniquely at fault for this whole debacle. Hate globalism? Good. The notion that other societies want to pursue uninhibited consumerism and consumption, mimicking, in any way, this truism of America—well, blame greed and gluttony. This is what I wish Christianity would focus on these days. Hell, I think this is kind of Pope Frank's schtick.

4. The data coming from most aspects of this economic system as it relates to pollution, mismanagement of resources, energy, etc is insane. Whether it is cities' wastefulness, industrial farming practices, etc and so on.

As long as we're always pointing the finger out and away from ourselves, always looking for someone else to blame, nothing will improve. We're all to blame. We all are going to have to think about how we live in harmony and disharmony with each other and out planet. Period. Fly fisherman or skateboarder, overalls wearer or skinny jeans $8 coffee-drinker. As long as we make enemies of each other, well, we're all going to lose.

I agree with a lot of what you say. You and I actually share very similar views. I will disagree with on the political stuff. I see it everyday on the left wing news and media how they belittle and talk down to rural citizens or people that don't think like them. It's on this message board all the time as well. These people don't understand this rhetoric screws them over in elections.

Agree we are faced with a lot of issues environmentally and everyone is to blame even politically. The mass exodus from rural areas to urban areas is a very big concern right now. People have pointed to the air and water but urban soil is becoming contaminated and every year it's getting worse due to overcrowding in small areas. Plant life is seeing new diseases that it can't fight off. Cities are spending large amounts of city budget money on fighting this issue and they're losing. We have seen a large loss in green plant life in big cities while city budgets are inflating. As a result we are losing the ability to biologically clean and repair our air.

California ten years ago had enough trees to clean the air along the coast lines for most of the year. Over the past 5 years the entire California coastline bounces back from yellow to orange to red. It can no longer get back to green. That is a major issue. Same can be said for Chicago and New York and places along the Northeast. We haven't had that problem before.

I should add I have lived in Chicago and L.A. and can share many of the good things you said about urban dwellers.

Reactions: Rudolph
I’ve lived in large cities for about half of my life, I could move to the middle of no where Iowa tomorrow and be just fine. Most people would be just fine.

I agree with a lot of what you say. You and I actually share very similar views. I will disagree with on the political stuff. I see it everyday on the left wing news and media how they belittle and talk down to rural citizens or people that don't think like them. It's on this message board all the time as well. These people don't understand this rhetoric screws them over in elections.

Agree we are faced with a lot of issues environmentally and everyone is to blame even politically. The mass exodus from rural areas to urban areas is a very big concern right now. People have pointed to the air and water but urban soil is becoming contaminated and every year it's getting worse due to overcrowding in small areas. Plant life is seeing new diseases that it can't fight off. Cities are spending large amounts of city budget money on fighting this issue and they're losing. We have seen a large loss in green plant life in big cities while city budgets are inflating. As a result we are losing the ability to biologically clean and repair our air.

California ten years ago had enough trees to clean the air along the coast lines for most of the year. Over the past 5 years the entire California coastline bounces back from yellow to orange to red. It can no longer get back to green. That is a major issue. Same can be said for Chicago and New York and places along the Northeast. We haven't had that problem before.

I should add I have lived in Chicago and L.A. and can share many of the good things you said about urban dwellers.
I don't watch TV news. Can you give me an example of Left wing media talking down to people, rural Americans specifically?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
You live on this board. This board is your life.

What exactly am I lying about? That big cities produce way too much pollution? That tourists pull over to see an elk? First time I saw an elk I was amazed. I take elk sheds back to Iowa all the time. People ask me if it's fake. They can't believe how big their antlers are.

Is my life that people act like idiots around buffalo? Is it I've had my pic taken several times while fly fishing? Because if it's that I assure you it's not because I'm special. Tourists walk by see a guy in the middle of a stream casting flies amongst a backdrop of mountains and endless wilderness. People take pics. This day in age a lot of pics.

I live on this board? If that's true, then, in order for you to know that, you must be living here more than me. Or... in your case; More THEN me.

I don't watch TV news. Can you give me an example of Left wing media talking down to people, rural Americans specifically?

Good for you. Seriously. I try to stay away from it as much as possible too. I travel for work a couple times a month and watch it then. CNN is on at most places (airports and hotels). MSNBC in some others. If you want to see the ugly in the news and media you will just have to turn it on. Both sides politically realize the hold they have on their voters right now and will say anything.

I'm conservative when it comes to fiscal responsibility. Libertarian in other areas and an environmental conservationist in other areas. I have my beliefs and screw Democrats and Republicans if you get in the way or harm those beliefs. I spend a lot of my time working with conservation and environmental groups. Together as Democrats, Republicans, Conservationists and Environmentalists we have achieved great things for our environment. Much more than any politician or celebrity has. I don't have much patience for people that spend their life attacking the other side for their political beliefs like what happens on this board. Gets society nowhere and is exactly what politicians want.

Sounds like you enjoy horticulture? At home I maintain a .35acre garden where I practice permaculture. We grow 65% of what we consume. I also use it to teach people how to grow almost anything from nothing. In the middle east biologists have been able to supply sand with enough nutrients to grow vegetables and fruits to support a small village. Its fascinating stuff and a lost skill in our society. What do you do?

I live on this board? If that's true, then, in order for you to know that, you must be living here more than me. Or... in your case; More THEN me.

Nah it's just everytime I've returned to this board in the past 24hrs I noticed you respond within minutes to my posts. I apologize if I keep you waiting when I am away. Don't worry though soon I will be catching my flight home and I will be away from this board again for some time. I will likely be back again next month when I have to travel again. I'm sure I will find you here again. I will be heading to the streams tomorrow though. Got to get my pic taken some more you know.

Nah it's just everytime I've returned to this board in the past 24hrs I noticed you respond within minutes to my posts. I apologize if I keep you waiting when I am away. Don't worry though soon I will be catching my flight home and I will be away from this board again for some time. I will likely be back again next month when I have to travel again. I'm sure I will find you here again. I will be heading to the streams tomorrow though. Got to get my pic taken some more you know.
Don't forget to pet the wild buffalo.

Has he tweeted yet on the attendance and how they were there to see him? He has the biggest crowds. ;)

Don't forget to pet the wild buffalo.

I wouldn't take that from you. You just focus on keeping up the good fight on message boards. The more time you spend on them the better off society will be. Keep it up champ.

A lot of wisdom that comes from you. Doesn't take much to just call people liars. That says a lot about you.
For some reason I believe you, babe. This you?

113987cf1bc5f408541aba7921c6fcb4.jpg

Reactions: noleclone2
Good for you. Seriously. I try to stay away from it as much as possible too. I travel for work a couple times a month and watch it then. CNN is on at most places (airports and hotels). MSNBC in some others. If you want to see the ugly in the news and media you will just have to turn it on. Both sides politically realize the hold they have on their voters right now and will say anything.

I'm conservative when it comes to fiscal responsibility. Libertarian in other areas and an environmental conservationist in other areas. I have my beliefs and screw Democrats and Republicans if you get in the way or harm those beliefs. I spend a lot of my time working with conservation and environmental groups. Together as Democrats, Republicans, Conservationists and Environmentalists we have achieved great things for our environment. Much more than any politician or celebrity has. I don't have much patience for people that spend their life attacking the other side for their political beliefs like what happens on this board. Gets society nowhere and is exactly what politicians want.

Sounds like you enjoy horticulture? At home I maintain a .35acre garden where I practice permaculture. We grow 65% of what we consume. I also use it to teach people how to grow almost anything from nothing. In the middle east biologists have been able to supply sand with enough nutrients to grow vegetables and fruits to support a small village. Its fascinating stuff and a lost skill in our society. What do you do?
You do realize that Republicans are NOT fiscally conservative, right?

Reactions: noleclone2
You do realize that Republicans are NOT fiscally conservative, right?

Who every said I vote for Republicans? Neither Republicans or Democrats can be trusted in that department right now. Democrats have been terrible the Republicans aren't far behind. What the Dem candidates are preaching now sounds like a disaster. That doesn't mean I will vote Republican.

Yet you are dependent on the rural areas to feed your fat ass.

Sure. But if they were capitalists they would live off of the market prices I pay for their goods and the value they actually PRODUCE.

They are not though. They take the market driven revenues AND insist on getting government forced welfare payments as well. Been doing it for decades and are entirely dependent and entitled.

And that’s just the welfare based on geography. They take the needs based stuff the poors in the economically self sufficient areas get as well.

Double dipping welfare whores that tell themselves that they are carrying others when the exact opposite is quantitatively true.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Who every said I vote for Republicans? Neither Republicans or Democrats can be trusted in that department right now. Democrats have been terrible the Republicans aren't far behind. What the Dem candidates are preaching now sounds like a disaster. That doesn't mean I will vote Republican.
I didn't say that...just pointing out that Republicans say they are fiscally conservative, but they really aren't. It's a myth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT