ADVERTISEMENT

Locking In 🔒 What will 2024-25 bring this Big Ten season

cidsports

HB King
Will we miss this guy 🤔 My answer will be "no" but for now, Ohio State hasn't beat Michigan, since 2019. Like with Nebraska and Wisconsin, what have any of those teams really done of significance, since 2019 or before for the Huskers.

Let's get locked in, Hawkeyes ❤️🖤💛

In another On3 Iowa thread I mentioned how Ohio State is taking from Michigan with their non-conference slate from the past two seasons, though I wish they didn't heading into 2024-25. Our flagship team should have a key match-up this season in the first 12-team College Football Playoff era. Leave it to other Big Ten teams.

The Buckeyes will follow Michigan in 2025 with Texas on their schedule, for what it is worth.

I do hope we take from Michigan with more than just QB Cade McNamara in 2024 as QB1. I want to see OC Tim Lester script in a second QB situationally, like the Wolverines, since 2021.

The Iowa offense will be better in 2024 as one of our leaders pointed out earlier this year.

“Obviously, you’ve got a veteran O-line coming back,” returning All-America linebacker Jay Higgins said. “Then just with the offensive mindset they have now, there are so many weapons, so many people can get the ball in certain ways, and there’s a lot of situations where it’s like, we can’t be right. You’ve just got to rally and make the tackle and live for another down. Hopefully, they don’t keep running that same play.”

Michigan the past three seasons got it done in Big Ten play. Oregon in 2021 went to Columbus and got a W, as well.

Iowa is built on special teams and defense. But, you have to also play complementary football on offense.

“I think the backers play a different way than they used to,” left tackle Mason Richman said. “So that’s definitely exciting. We can play a little faster, a little more aggressive and take advantage of some of the things that they’re doing. No cut blocking, but I think on the backside, we’re doing a good job of being aggressive."

Injuries, youth and attrition were all part off the last three seasons with the offensive line. And, it is time to step up, lock in and show the maturity, leadership and experience that the Hawkeyes should bring in 2024-25. Throw in a new OC, QB and WR coaches and their is plenty to be excited for this coming season.

McNamara behind elite special teams and defense got to the College Football Playoff in 2021 as QB1 at Michigan. Opportunity knocks at Iowa. And, the field has expanded in 2024.

Ohio State and Oregon are on most lists.
Iowa and Penn State are on this list. The last time Iowa finished off their 12th straight win in football. It was capped off with a win against Penn State.

Lately, Iowa and Ohio State both have a two-straight losing streaks, against Michigan and an SEC bowl team. We know the Buckeyes are always in the conversation. Iowa, not so much.

It is time to lock in 🔒 and take care of business in 2024-25.

Yes, this is the sesson to do it. And, the Hawkeyes play in Columbus to boot.

Attrition, health and youth hurt Iowa for years. This the best OL room since '19 and '20.
the inability to develop OTs is where this offense has been stunted (along with play calling) IMO. Saying it is the best line since 19/20 isn't saying much either. Wirfs and Jackson were absolute monsters on the end.

the inability to develop OTs is where this offense has been stunted (along with play calling) IMO. Saying it is the best line since 19/20 isn't saying much either. Wirfs and Jackson were absolute monsters on the end.

2020 hurt Iowa. Connor Colby was projected as a RT. He prefers to play guard. He was projected out of high school as a tackle.

LT David Davidkov was a miss and Jon Alt's son picked Notre Dame over Iowa. Huge miss in recruiting.

This is a point where Iowa is emeging with experience, not depending so much on youth, and a second group of future linemen are developing on campus. From '21, attrition, health and youth was a liability. LT78 played last year with a broken bone in his lower section. Ugh!

The lone injury right now appears to be a reserve LT, but they are moving people around there. Iowa's offense has improved.

O-Line is a question around the Big Ten, outside of Oregon. Is Wisconsin’s offense right for the Big Ten 🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT