ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at the Goofers

The shot never doesn't go in for them too I guess? I'll be honest I'm not crazy about the possibility of playing PSU if we land as the 5.

I really can't understand that team.
giphy.gif

Now Minnesota drops to the 11 or 12 seed. Having to play Wednesday. If Nebraska somehow beats Maryland tonight, we might get the winner of Penn St and Minnesota

Crazy thing is, I don't want to see Minnesota in the BT tournament either....

I would rather play PSU over Minny.

I am not real enthusiastic about playing the cornholers either. It is real hard to beat anyone 3 times in a row.

Is there anyone we WANT to play?
laugh.r191677.gif

Gen Grant, leading men over a rise preparing for a battle in the early part of the Civil War. I'm going off memory.

"We came over the ridge and I saw the enemy had abandoned the field. And at once I realized that while I was worrying about them, they were worrying about me and my intentions. That lesson lasted me the rest of the war."

Let's just take the team that shows up and play our game to perfection. Let's worry about us.
wink.r191677.gif
And let them do the same.

Yeah, I'll take any of the bottom six besides Minnesota. Don't like the way we match up with them at all. Just too fast and too athletic. Any other team I feel pretty confident about.

Originally posted by hawkeye ball:
Yeah, I'll take any of the bottom six besides Minnesota. Don't like the way we match up with them at all. Just too fast and too athletic. Any other team I feel pretty confident about.
+1 Mo Walker and guards that can penetrate are not things I want to see. I would love to play Nebraska again, they are terrible and I don't understand why people fear them for any reason.

With 4 experienced seniors who play a lot and one being hollins amazing how they finished 6-12 and have to play first day of big 10 tourney. Pitino has done a poor job this season.

There isn't a team in the Big that Iowa can't beat, especially the way we are playing now. The biggest problem for us would be the officiating. If they don't call fouls, we could lose to anyone. We are long and athletic, but not very physical.

Minnesota and Nebraska are two teams that
did not live up to expectations this season.
Neither one will be in post-season tourney.

Originally posted by daltonkimble:
There isn't a team in the Big that Iowa can't beat, especially the way we are playing now. The biggest problem for us would be the officiating. If they don't call fouls, we could lose to anyone. We are long and athletic, but not very physical.
agree. if iowa is a legit threat to make some noise this month, we shouldnt fear any of these teams playing on the 1st day. as well as iowa has been playing, we should curb stomp our first round team.

Originally posted by farfaraway:
I am not real enthusiastic about playing the cornholers either. It is real hard to beat anyone 3 times in a row.
People say this all the time and I think it's completely untrue. Give me a team ive already beaten twice.

3/8 3:32 PM | IP: Logged
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
this is true but I think we can beat Wisconsin maybe one time in ten and if we have a cold shooting night we could lose to anyone. Rutgers probably only one time in ten though.

Originally posted by DirtyJohns97:

Originally posted by farfaraway:
People say this all the time and I think it's completely untrue. Give me a team ive already beaten twice.
It's one of those sports cliche's that isn't backed up by statistics. I'd rather play a team that has gotten their ass kicked twice than a team you split with.

With that little time left against PSU, pick the one guy you would double and force to give up the ball. Major fail on the Gophers part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT