ADVERTISEMENT

Lol at the level of respect ISU gets nationally.

Brown shares meaning of Mizzou beating Iowa State​

While discussing the 78-61 win over the No. 12 Hawkeyes in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, Kobe Brown says his love and appreciation for the Tigers is why he stayed.

This is on ESPN.com, not some a$$ hat’s twitter account.
Yeah, the clones had it put to them pretty bad, but not quite as bad as the ass kicking the Hawkeyes gave them !

Remind me how many games Iowa has to play in the next 6 days.

And how many games this season Iowa's been without one of their two leading scorers (Kris and Pat).
Quite different to miss 2 starters from a top 10-15 team compared to a team hoping to make the tournament. Iowa State also has a tough stretch with 3 games in 7 days especially in the Big 12.

Quite different to miss 2 starters from a top 10-15 team compared to a team hoping to make the tournament. Iowa State also has a tough stretch with 3 games in 7 days especially in the Big 12.

Yeah, the rankings of the team change it completely. 😂 🙄

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
Clones had two starters out and have to play a road conference game in Lubbock on Monday.
Same as with Iowa against Eastern Illinois. Clearly won game counts and defines a season and the other doesn’t count at all because clown fans say so .

Doesn't that also mean they don't know who they Hawkeyes are? it's not like this reflects well on either of us.
No, actually it means that when national media thinks of Iowa sports programs…it is the Iowa Hawkeyes that come to mind.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Remind me…how did the hoops game between Iowa and Iswho turn out?

The key question, that no one is asking is....
Are the Hawks ranked tomorrow? We were #12 and one loss shouldn't drop us too far ;)

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

No it isn’t different at all. And Iowa is just as firmly in the tourney as ISU currently is, in other words, not at all. A lot of basketball yet to be played.

No it isn’t different at all. And Iowa is just as firmly in the tourney as ISU currently is, in other words, not at all. A lot of basketball yet to be played.
Very different when a mediocre team has a couple guys out- they are still mediocre. A top level team has a couple guys out- they may now be mediocre. If you think Iowa is firmly in the tourney you haven’t watched much Iowa basketball lately! The Fran fade is coming.

Very different when a mediocre team has a couple guys out- they are still mediocre. A top level team has a couple guys out- they may now be mediocre. If you think Iowa is firmly in the tourney you haven’t watched much Iowa basketball lately! The Fran fade is coming.
Yesterday was just one of the TJ terribles.

Let me help you out…..Let’s say Patrick Mahomes is out. That’s a big deal. Now let’s say Spencer Petra’s is out. See? Better teams= better players

Thanks for the help, but you’ve got the wrong ketchup and mustard. Patrick Mahomes isn’t coming out of that Iowa State locker room as much as you want to believe.

BTW, wouldn’t Kris Murray be the Patrick Mahomes in this terrible analogy? You know, the best player on either roster by far, who Iowa beat ISU without.

You are not good at this. The Chiefs are better than the Hawkeyes and Mahomes is better than Petras?

Reactions: Ree4
Same as with Iowa against Eastern Illinois. Clearly won game counts and defines a season and the other doesn’t count at all because clown fans say so .
Iowa should beat Eastern Illinois with their 3rd team playing the whole game. Vegas knew the players were out and still had the hawks at -31

Iowa should beat Eastern Illinois with their 3rd team playing the whole game. Vegas knew the players were out and still had the hawks at -31
So again Iowa being down 2 starters defines their season and isu being down 2 starters means the game doesn’t really count because clown fans say so.

Glad we cleared that up.

Why cry? They made a conscious decision that Monday is more important since the team is tied for first in the strongest conference in America.
Like how Tyler Miller said that isu was practicing for Iowa all summer and prioritizing the Iowa game over all the conference games? Was finishing in last place by multiple games was worth it? But of course we must pick and choose when this counts and when it doesn’t count. Luckily we have clown fans here to tell us which is which.

No, actually it means that when national media thinks of Iowa sports programs…it is the Iowa Hawkeyes that come to mind.
It means they think the Hawkeyes play in the B12. The clone is right. Neither program is all that respected nationally.

Sweet Sixteen appearances in the last 30 years:

Iowa — 1 (latest was 24 years ago)
Iowa State — 5 (latest was last year)

Conference tournament titles in the last 30 years:

Iowa — 3
Iowa State — 6

Regular season conference titles in the last 30 years:

Iowa — 0
Iowa State — 2

We really don’t have a leg to stand on in this tallest midget contest.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, but you’ve got the wrong ketchup and mustard. Patrick Mahomes isn’t coming out of that Iowa State locker room as much as you want to believe.

BTW, wouldn’t Kris Murray be the Patrick Mahomes in this terrible analogy? You know, the best player on either roster by far, who Iowa beat ISU without.

You are not good at this. The Chiefs are better than the Hawkeyes and Mahomes is better than Petras?
Exactly! You are making my point. Murray is a fantastic player. When he was out there was very little regression. Because Iowa is an average team either with him or without him. Iowa State is a very average team with 2 starters out. When they are fully healthy they are a top 10-15 team, as we have seen this season. Starters out on a top team have more impact than starters out on an average team. You’re not watching enough sports if you can’t comprehend this.

Exactly! You are making my point. Murray is a fantastic player. When he was out there was very little regression. Because Iowa is an average team either with him or without him. Iowa State is a very average team with 2 starters out. When they are fully healthy they are a top 10-15 team, as we have seen this season. Starters out on a top team have more impact than starters out on an average team. You’re not watching enough sports if you can’t comprehend this.
isu is only a Top 10-15 team when the officials allow them to grab, hold, push and hack. When they don’t isu loses.

From what I've seen this season, there is very little difference between a top 10-15 team (Clones) and a top 30-40 team (Hawks) besides a few lucky breaks, like ISU got a break when Kris Murray missed that game.

Oh, wait a minute... The Hawkeyes dominated even without Kris. How is that even possible??!!?? 😂😂

From what I've seen this season, there is very little difference between a top 10-15 team (Clones) and a top 30-40 team (Hawks) besides a few lucky breaks, like ISU got a break when Kris Murray missed that game.

Oh, wait a minute... The Hawkeyes dominated even without Kris. How is that even possible??!!?? 😂😂
You may want to compare resumes, as the tourney committee will do, before the big dance. We may very well get to the end of the regular season and Iowa’s best win will be against Iowa State while Iowa State will have multiple top 10 wins. The season is a body of work. EIU?

You may want to compare resumes, as the tourney committee will do, before the big dance. We may very well get to the end of the regular season and Iowa’s best win will be against Iowa State while Iowa State will have multiple top 10 wins. The season is a body of work. EIU?
So EIU > Iowa, Iowa > ISU = EIU > ISU. 😯

Seriously, I don't think there is a team in the country that the Hawks can't beat. I'd say the same about the clones. I don't see any super dominant teams out there. If I could explain the EIU loss, I would. I'd have just as much trouble explaining the Hawk's domination of ISU.

Because clown fans say so. Got it. Are you sure the Tournament committee looks at polls and uses wins against top 10-15 foes as a criteria? Does the committee know this? Are we sure the Texas Ten is as awesome as clown fans demand it is? I mean they went what 6-4 against the SEC over the weekend? Does that really scream dominant? To clown fans I’m sure it does.

Still seems to me that Texas Ten teams struggle to win when officials call the hack, grab, hold, reach or push fouls as written in the rule book.

Reactions: rrsteffe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT