ADVERTISEMENT

Lollapalooza Security Guard Faked Mass Shooting Threat to Get Out Of Work Early

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006

On Friday (July 29), Williams allegedly sent her supervisor an anonymous text message using TextNow that said, "Mass shooting at 4pm location Lollapalooza. We have 150 targets." After the supervisor informed higher-ups at Lollapalooza's security team, CPD and the FBI were notified. Williams then told her supervisor that her sister saw a mass shooting threat on Facebook as well, said prosecutors. When asked to share a screenshot of that post, Williams allegedly created a fake Facebook page under the name "Ben Scott," wrote a post that read "massive shooting at Lollapalooza Grant Park 6 p.m.," and sent a screenshot of it to her supervisor.

Investigators quickly discovered that the Apple iCloud account and IP address of the TextNow number both belonged to Williams, said prosecutors. On Sunday (July 31), Cook County Judge Mary Marubio set Williams' bond at $50,000 under the conditions that she must be on electronic monitoring if she's released.

I'm adding this to my "HR Nightmares" book that I'm planning.

Bottom line: Employees suck.

What's up with that boob?
still-counts-smile.gif

After the supervisor informed higher-ups at Lollapalooza's security team, CPD and the FBI were notified. Williams then told her supervisor that her sister saw a mass shooting threat on Facebook as well, said prosecutors. When asked to share a screenshot of that post, Williams allegedly created a fake Facebook page under the name "Ben Scott," wrote a post that read "massive shooting at Lollapalooza Grant Park 6 p.m.," and sent a screenshot of it to her supervisor.
73563957.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT