ADVERTISEMENT

Long shot but..

Sep 5, 2008
Iowa
Let’s go and be Big 10 spoilers. IF we beat Nebraska Friday, we will play the winner of Michigan/ Ohio State. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if on December 3rd, 2022 we somehow beat either Ohio State/ Michigan (Long shot, I know) there will be no way there is a Big 10 team in the CFP? Let’s be the villains. At this point, I don’t care if the conference gets respect or not. I would rather see Iowa as Big Ten Champions instead of Ohio State or Michigan getting beat in the CFP. It’s either Iowa or nobody.

If either OSU or Mich loses closely on a fluke play, and we play and beat the winner, I think the Committee will find a way to let a 1 loss B1G East team in as a 4 seed.
I get tired of seeing these same teams in the playoffs all the time. Maybe TCU will be in but I wouldn't be surprised if ISU won this week. A few years ago they spoiled Oklahoma State's chance for the playoff.

One thing for sure, it is highly unlikely we’ll see two SEC teams in. There’s a better chance for two Big Ten teams.

If Georgia wins out, only one SEC team is getting in. And if USC loses another game, I don’t see a scenario where the big ten doesn’t get Ohio State and Michigan both into the playoffs.

If Georgia wins out, only one SEC team is getting in. And if USC loses another game, I don’t see a scenario where the big ten doesn’t get Ohio State and Michigan both into the playoffs.

Yes, with Tenn losing big, LSU with two losses as with Bama, if Georgia wins out they are the only SEC team making it.

Watch out for Clemson and TCU, the Mich-OSU loser will have one loss late in the year so if Clemson goes 12-1 and TCU is undefeated one of those teams makes it into the CFP.

But back to the OP, Mich plays the kind of ball on offense that Iowa has a chance against I think. If Mich beats OSU then I think Iowa could beat them in the Big 10 Champ game if it comes to that.

But first Hawks beat Nebby and leave no doubt they are rolling into Indy.

Reactions: Wadzinator
Yes, with Tenn losing big, LSU with two losses as with Bama, if Georgia wins out they are the only SEC team making it.

Watch out for Clemson and TCU, the Mich-OSU loser will have one loss late in the year so if Clemson goes 12-1 and TCU is undefeated one of those teams makes it into the CFP.

But back to the OP, Mich plays the kind of ball on offense that Iowa has a chance against I think. If Mich beats OSU then I think Iowa could beat them in the Big 10 Champ game if it comes to that.

But first Hawks beat Nebby and leave no doubt they are rolling into Indy.
Yea. Clemson could be the only team keeping two big ten teams out. That Notre Dame loss keeps looking better and better now and it was on the road.

Yesterday didn’t help the SEC. The fact that most of the top teams played Jr high teams didn’t strengthen anyone’s claim.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
LSU has two lossed iirc so they shouldnt jump over OSU or Mich unless they beat Georgia in their Champ game
I’d be honestly upset if a two loss LSU, that wins out, would jump a one loss Michigan or Ohio State. LSU got beat by 23 by Tennessee as one of their losses. If they put so much emphasis on winning the conference, then a four loss iowa that somehow wins their next two games, should be in the playoff! 😊 Records don’t matter.

Y’all will be amazed at what mental gymnastics they do to get two SEC teams in, heck Gameday was discussing three SEC teams yesterday before Tenn lost.

Reactions: MrHeisman
I think OSU clinches the CFP with a win over Michigan (Thanks to South Carolina). Their SOS and having the biggest win among the contenders would make them a #4 seed with a loss in the BTCG, even over conference champ and equally 12-1 USC or Clemson. A loss by 2 of the three among TCU, USC or Clemson would give the B1G a good shot at 2 teams.

Last edited:
What is the status of Corum? He is a major part of Michigan’s offense and if he can’t go vs tOSU then it will be Iowa vs Bucks in Indy.

Him and Edwards. They really need both of them for the OSU game. I thought I heard that there was no structural damage or was Laporta?

One thing for sure, it is highly unlikely we’ll see two SEC teams in. There’s a better chance for two Big Ten teams.
Disagree Bubs, they always find a way too get two SEC teams in. Can't wait for the expansion.

Y’all will be amazed at what mental gymnastics they do to get two SEC teams in, heck Gameday was discussing three SEC teams yesterday before Tenn lost.

Heck, ESPN has an article discussing LSU's chances of making the CFP.

I agree w/ Sett & RC; ESPN definitely wants at least 2 SEC teams in the CFP.

The excerpts:

Yes, Brian Kelly is a bit of an odd duck. And sure, those jokes about the accent and the dancing were hilarious. But the guy can coach, and if LSU wins out, there's a real chance the Tigers could become the first two-loss team in the College Football Playoff.

Also, he'd probably be wearing one of those rasta caps and call it mac-uh-roo-nuh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT