ADVERTISEMENT

Longevity genes, no, not for the penis

Lots of science words. Can we just get some stem cells working to help reduce the aging process?

Really, a lot of the stuff, conceptually, isn't too mind bending.
java-polymorphism.png

Anyone know how I can get some HGH? I figure all rules are off at this point with using hormones.

Reactions: Hawk sauce
Designer babies/longevity.....the super rich will have another step up on the riff raff....

I've not heard of rapamycin... but some strong claims:
Strangely, the fear of tobacco smoking is less intense than the fear of rapamycin. But whereas smoking shortens both the healthspan and lifespan, rapamycin extends them. Smoking increases the incidence of cancer and other age-related diseases. Rapamycin prevents cancer in mice and humans. Heavy smoking shortens life expectancy by 6-10 years. In other words, simply not smoking prolongs life by 6-10 years. In middle-aged mice, just 3 months of high-dose rapamycin treatment was sufficient to increase life expectancy up to 60% [109]. When taken late in life, rapamycin increases lifespan by 9-14% [155], despite the dosage being suboptimal [111]. This possibly equates to more than 7 years of human life. By comparison, smokers who quit late in life (at age 65 years), gain between 1.4 -3.7 years [172]. Considered in those terms, one could say that in the elderly, not taking rapamycin may be even more “dangerous” than smoking. Finally, rapamycin may be especially beneficial to smokers and former smokers. While the carcinogens from tobacco cause lung cancer in mice, rapamycin decreases tobacco-induced lung cancer multiplicity by 90% [28].

It’s hard to get ahold of Rapamycin. Peptides, metformin, and all the other stuff I’ve got

International pharmacies? What do you use?
Not at Liberty to say about the metformin. The other stuff is legal, peptides are readily available, I use paradigm peptides for the time being, until I link up at work with an MD, then I’ll get it from a compounding pharmacy. HGH I don’t have, I use MK 677 and ipamorelin

It’s hard to get ahold of Rapamycin. Peptides, metformin, and all the other stuff I’ve got
do you know which if any foods contain rapamycin? the article you linked makes no mention whether it occurs naturally and there's a good chance it was isolated from something already being consumed in some part of the world.
edit: rapamycin article was linked by @Colonoscopy

do you know which if any foods contain rapamycin? the article you linked makes no mention whether it occurs naturally and there's a good chance it was isolated from something already being consumed in some part of the world.
edit: rapamycin article was linked by @Colonoscopy
Unaware of any food sources. The hard part about balance with my goals is mTOR(mammalian target if rapamycin) is the cellular pathway to growth, as in bodybuilding. It’s also a pathway that ages us

Unaware of any food sources. The hard part about balance with my goals is mTOR(mammalian target if rapamycin) is the cellular pathway to growth, as in bodybuilding. It’s also a pathway that ages us

Body building probably doesn't jive with longevity. There are studies that high amino acid diets (mainly BCAAs) beneficial to build large muscle mass are detrimental to longevity. As with most diet, lifestyle, and aging data, it is very hard to tease out with so many confounding variables.

If you really want to live longer, getting ultra ripped probably isn't helpful. Neither is high intensity training. Zone 2 training and resistance training to keep lean muscle mass are your best bet. Like everything else, moderation is probably the key.

Body building probably doesn't jive with longevity. There are studies that high amino acid diets (mainly BCAAs) beneficial to build large muscle mass are detrimental to longevity. As with most diet, lifestyle, and aging data, it is very hard to tease out with so many confounding variables.

If you really want to live longer, getting ultra ripped probably isn't helpful. Neither is high intensity training. Zone 2 training and resistance training to keep lean muscle mass are your best bet. Like everything else, moderation is probably the key.
somewhat related question. Since processing any food generates, in addition to energy, byproducts that are almost certinaly harmful, would the surest nutritional (i.e. one variable only) technique for living the absolutely longest possible life be to consume only the least/minimum amount of food (let's say an amount needed to keep the brain nourished)? can't bodybuild this way but one can stay alert enough to enjoy that long life. rational?

somewhat related question. Since processing any food generates, in addition to energy, byproducts that are almost certinaly harmful, would the surest nutritional technique for living the absolutely longest possible life be to consume only the least/minimum amount of food (let's say an amount needed to keep the brain nourished)? can't bodybuild this way but one can stay alert enough to enjoy that long life. rational?

True. That is in part why fasting is so popular among the longevity-focused. Eating, in a way, kills us through production of waste byproducts, free radicals, oxidative damage, and so forth. This is why studies have shown people who intensely exercise and burn tremendous calories, like a Tour de France rider, actually harm their longevity despite being in such good physical shape. Moderate food, moderate activity is the key to living longer and that improves further if it is high quality food and high quality activity (i.e. zone 2).

On a somewhat related note, high fructose corn syrup is by far the most harmful thing in our American diets. When you eat, say, an orange, it does contain fructose. But it is a low enough level and there are other components that slow digestion so the gut itself can metabolize the fructose. When you eat high fructose corn syrup in processed food, it overwhelms the gut and goes directly to your liver. When that fructose hits the liver, regardless of your metabolic state, that triggers fat production.

This was very useful from a survival standpoint. If you were generally starving and came upon a large amount of fruit, it was a way for the body to store the excess sugar as fuel for later use since fasting and zone 2 exercise (what a hunter-gatherer's typical life would look like) preferentially utilizes fat stores. From a contemporary America standpoint, all this excess fructose day in and day out without frequent zone 2 activity to burn the fat stores leads to a lot of really fat and unhealthy people.

I’m a self proclaimed nerd in the area of anti-aging and human performance. I’ve been taking astaxaanthin and doing intermittent fasting for a couple of years to activate this gene. @GOHOX69 are you familiar with this?
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25832544/
Yes my friend I am familiar with these proteins. We use some in our stem cell differentiation approaches. Take a look at this. Charles Brenner, who used to be the head of Dept at Iowa in Biochemistry has bet his career on this and it is showing dividends. The supplement isn't cheap but it's there otc.

ADVERTISEMENT