ADVERTISEMENT

Longevity genes, no, not for the penis

I'll also throw out there that the vast majority of primary care physicians are relatively unaware of this stuff. The majority of their time is focused on keeping really sick, old patients alive (like @Speedway1) or on keeping really unhealthy younger patients from having bigger problems in the intermediate term. They don't get to spend much time focusing on how to keep young, healthy patients or older, healthy patients healthy outside of routine preventative care (basic blood work, cancer screening, diabetes screening, etc.).

It's an area of medicine that is very underserved. There aren't enough providers and too many really sick patients. I wish there was more incentive to keeping healthy patients healthy, but it doesn't pay well and there is a significant lack of manpower. It's an area where you really need to drive your own care. Or find a concierge physician with a background in it.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
I'll also throw out there that the vast majority of primary care physicians are relatively unaware of this stuff. The majority of their time is focused on keeping really sick, old patients alive (like @Speedway1) or on keeping really unhealthy younger patients from having bigger problems in the intermediate term. They don't get to spend much time focusing on how to keep young, healthy patients or older, healthy patients healthy outside of routine preventative care (basic blood work, cancer screening, diabetes screening, etc.).

It's an area of medicine that is very underserved. There aren't enough providers and too many really sick patients. I wish there was more incentive to keeping healthy patients healthy, but it doesn't pay well and there is a significant lack of manpower. It's an area where you really need to drive your own care. Or find a concierge physician with a background in it.
I’m trying to team up with an MD in omaha, he’s interested, but would rather me do the consults and explaining, just him go over what I recommend then make the order…hard business model for he and I to understand

Reactions: GOHOX69
Im hoping to die in my 70’s. Don’t want to deal with getting too old, but feel like that provides Norvell with enough time to rebuild and win a ‘ship (30-40 years).

Been using nmn for a couple years, it’s what NR turns into
Interesting topic. A few Qs if you don't mind:

What is your daily dosage of NMN? Which brand?
Do you notice a reliable increase in energy levels and/or improved recovery?
Did you experience any side effects?

I'm primarily interested in the athletic performance angle.

Interesting topic. A few Qs if you don't mind:

What is your daily dosage of NMN? Which brand?
Do you notice a reliable increase in energy levels and/or improved recovery?
Did you experience any side effects?

I'm primarily interested in the athletic performance angle
It’s hard to say about improved performance, I’m doing so many different things. I would say my skin is firmer, thicker feeling. I’ve used Tru Niagen, which was brought up by @GOHOX69 earlier. It was expensive so I began taking NMN, which is what NR (tru niagen) gets turned into in it system. Currently taking a brand off of Amazon that had purity testing by a third party, it also contain resveratrol.

Reactions: nu2u and GOHOX69
It’s hard to say about improved performance, I’m doing so many different things. I would say my skin is firmer, thicker feeling. I’ve used Tru Niagen, which was brought up by @GOHOX69 earlier. It was expensive so I began taking NMN, which is what NR (tru niagen) gets turned into in it system. Currently taking a brand off of Amazon that had purity testing by a third party, it also contain resveratrol.
The one thing I recommend to everyone is resveratrol of good quality.

The one thing I recommend to everyone is resveratrol of good quality.
Anything else you can think of? Turmeric, NMN, decent multivitamin, fish oil, resveratrol, fasting, sprints, lower carb/higher protein for muscle mass. Peptides, hgh secretagogues, 8 weeks of trt in the late winter

This all seems so odd to me. Why suffer from age 40-80 so I can live until 95 instead of 90.

Seems dumb.

It's all about your physical and mental health too. You want a body of a 95 year old or a body of a 75 year old?
also at that age equal emphasis on mental faculties. i've seen old men and women who think and communicate crystal clear just as well as someone in their 40s and then there are most who are clearly in a fog. it seems like the right diet and lifestyle have a massive role there as well.

Creatine shows promise in being neuroprotective as well. I’ll recommend it to some of my patients who don’t have kidney disease are a type 2 or pre diabetic, it’s effective in teens if getting glucose into the cells

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT