ADVERTISEMENT

Longtime Oklahoma Sooners football assistant Cale Gundy resigns after reading aloud 'shameful' word off player's iPad

Anybody can use any word they want to at anytime. It's called Free Speech.

There's a document somewhere that talks about it................. Look it up.
Do you know what the first amendment is? Only gives citizens protection from government. Do you have a different definition?

Reactions: RileyHawk
Libs in this thread: There has to be more to this story. We don't have all the facts. Because I don't want to admit that forces on my side have created an environment that results in such outcomes.

In there an environment where it is appropriate for a coach to use the n-word?

And I'd guess the "libs" in this story think there is more to it because the context -- you remember context -- appears to show it was an unintentional use, and nobody, neither the team, nor the university, appeared to be seeking the coach's termination.

But, please, continue on with your diatribe about losing environments where you can use the n-word without repercussion.

Reactions: hawkbirch

And I'd guess the "libs" in this story think there is more to it because the context -- you remember context -- appears to show it was an unintentional use, and nobody, neither the team, nor the university, appeared to be seeking the coach's termination.

But, please, continue on with your diatribe about losing environments where you can use the n-word without repercussion.

What a ridiculous take. You're either a troll or a liar. Where is this so called "diatribe about losing environments where you can use the n-word without repercussion"?

Using that word is NEVER appropriate! NEVER!

Based on the information you have, do you believe he should have been let go? Because the outcome I'm referring to is the coach being let go from what appears to be...as you put it "an unintentional use".

Last edited:
  • Haha
What a ridiculous take. You're either a troll or a liar. Where is this so called "diatribe about losing environments where you can use the n-word without repercussion"?

Using that word is NEVER appropriate! NEVER!

Based on the information you have, do you believe he should have been let go? Because the outcome I'm referring to is the coach being let go from what appears to be...as you put it "an unintentional use".

Your diatribe: "Because [libs] don't want to admit that [they] have created an environment that results in such outcomes."

You mean an environment where there are employment consequences from the use of the word? The horror.

And could you contradict yourself in a single post anymore?

Northern: Using the word is never appropriate.
Also Northern: he should not have been fired (he wasn't. He resigned).

Good for Joe Mixon to stand up for him. Wasn't necessary and yet he had his coach's back and seems to know more about what's in his heart than anyone.
Not sure Joe Mixon endorsement is a good thing?

He's got a bit of a checkered past. Unless the board cons think punching a woman is acceptable behavior.

I’m always fascinated by the white folks who get so upset over the ‘hypocrisy’ over the n word. The old …’well they get to say it! That’s not fair’.

Who are they?

All of my in-laws are black. I’m around black folks probably more than the whites. The ONLY people I’ve ever heard use the word are some white guys I knew from my younger days. I obviously disassociated from them.

Have never heard a black family member or friend use that word.

Reactions: dgordo and Gimmered
Not really but it happens. Depends almost entirely on the skin color of the coach.

Just a guess here, but I’ll bet it’s said a lot by coaches at HBCUs.

I’m always fascinated by the white folks who get so upset over the ‘hypocrisy’ over the n word. The old …’well they get to say it! That’s not fair’.

Who are they?

All of my in-laws are black. I’m around black folks probably more than the whites. The ONLY people I’ve ever heard use the word are some white guys I knew from my younger days. I obviously disassociated from them.

I would disagree, my girlfriend is black and her friends and family use it all the time, not in a derogatory sense, just as a term used to refer to someone, usually in a positive way as in "he is my ......" but context is important and people use words in one setting that are not appropriate in another setting or for someone else to say. I don't say it... ever, seems wrong and disrespectful for me to say it. I have a friend that uses the C word referring to his wife in a joking manner, never in her presence and probably is inappropriate.. Lots of dudes say the word in a joking manner, but would not use it in a womans presence hopefully.

Your diatribe: "Because [libs] don't want to admit that [they] have created an environment that results in such outcomes."

You mean an environment where there are employment consequences from the use of the word? The horror.

And could you contradict yourself in a single post anymore?

Northern: Using the word is never appropriate.
Also Northern: he should not have been fired (he wasn't. He resigned).

The "environment" of the leftwing mob that would have descended upon this coach and likely his family if he hadn't immediately resigned. This in spite of indications that it was "an unintentional use" (your words).

And since you're operating on a juvenile level in this thread, I'll break down what you incorrectly believe to be a contradiction.

Gundy said that in the moment he "did not even realize" what he was reading and, as soon as he did, "I was horrified."

"I want to be very clear: the words I read aloud from that screen were not my words. What I said was not malicious; it wasn't even intentional,"

As I stated before, using that word is NEVER appropriate. From his account, it wasn't intentional.

• Haha
Wait, you mean there is more to this story?

Apparently much more....

FZqhMY_XkAAFh8j

Apparently much more....

FZqhMY_XkAAFh8j
This is going to get interesting. One thing is clear is this is definitely more than a guy accidently reading the N word one time. Remains to be seen if it ranges from him just thinking it was ok for him to read it and not being aware, which is bit of an overreach, or if this was part of an emerging pattern from him that he was told to stop doing. We will find out.

Oh and daughter looks like a freak.

ixMV2M_1_400x400.jpg

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Life comes at you fast.

The "environment" of the leftwing mob that would have descended upon this coach and likely his family if he hadn't immediately resigned. This in spite of indications that it was "an unintentional use" (your words).

And since you're operating on a juvenile level in this thread, I'll break down what you incorrectly believe to be a contradiction.

Gundy said that in the moment he "did not even realize" what he was reading and, as soon as he did, "I was horrified."

"I want to be very clear: the words I read aloud from that screen were not my words. What I said was not malicious; it wasn't even intentional,"

As I stated before, using that word is NEVER appropriate. From his account, it wasn't intentional.

If he read it multiple times then he should resign.

Have you listened to rap lately?

Not kidding, the N word is dang near every other word. Blacks can take a word and put the N word directly behind it.

But man if a white dude says it ONCE, look out. There goes your career.

This country is getting more stupid by the day.

After work I'm gonna go home, pour a little liquor for my little homie C Gundy and bust some rhymes out loud.

giphy.gif

Who are they?

Guess you don't have any aspiring Rappers in the family then.

It seems there is a piece of this story missing.
On Monday, Venables issued another statement noting that Gundy said the word "multiple times."

"Coach Gundy resigned from the program because he knows what he did was wrong," Venables said Monday. "He chose to read aloud to his players, not once, but multiple times, a racially charged word that is objectionable to everyone, and does not reflect the attitude and values of our university or our football program."

Reactions: hawkbirch
Have you listened to rap lately?

Not kidding, the N word is dang near every other word. Blacks can take a word and put the N word directly behind it.

But man if a white dude says it ONCE, look out. There goes your career.

This country is getting more stupid by the day.

After work I'm gonna go home, pour a little liquor for my little homie C Gundy and bust some rhymes out loud.

giphy.gif
When do you think it is appropriate for you to say the n word?

My 14 yo son listens to a lot of rap. Our rule is that you never say the word. So he sings the lyrics then goes silent when the word come up, which in some songs, is multiple times. He hears the word 50 times per day, I would have to think eventually it might slip out. Does everyone now sit on pins and needles waiting for the consequences of mistakenly reading or singing the word?
As someone that has listened to more rap than any other kind of music since I was about 12 years old, I can assure you that as long as your son isn't an absolute moron, that word will not slip out accidentally.

Reactions: cheeselog8
ADVERTISEMENT