ADVERTISEMENT

Longtime Oklahoma Sooners football assistant Cale Gundy resigns after reading aloud 'shameful' word off player's iPad

Both the head coach and the assistant made initial statements. They did not contradict one another.
There has to be more to this story. We don't have all the facts. Because I don't want to admit that forces on my side have created an environment that results in such outcomes.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Have you listened to rap lately?

Not kidding, the N word is dang near every other word. Blacks can take a word and put the N word directly behind it.

But man if a white dude says it ONCE, look out. There goes your career.

This country is getting more stupid by the day.

After work I'm gonna go home, pour a little liquor for my little homie C Gundy and bust some rhymes out loud.

giphy.gif
Why isn't there a White Entertainment Television channel!? It's not fair I tell ya!

I'm just here for the I told you so moment. Thanks for providing yet another one.
I can't decide which is funnier:

Northern mocking the libs for saying somethin was missing, wanting more information, and creating the "environment" where a coach gets fired for using the n-word; more information is learned and Northern changes his opinion 180 degrees; or Northern questioning why the head coach didn't put all the facts in the initial press release.

My 14 yo son listens to a lot of rap. Our rule is that you never say the word. So he sings the lyrics then goes silent when the word come up, which in some songs, is multiple times. He hears the word 50 times per day, I would have to think eventually it might slip out. Does everyone now sit on pins and needles waiting for the consequences of mistakenly reading or singing the word?
Why isn't there a White Entertainment Television channel!? It's not fair I tell ya!
Friends and Seinfeld cover thst

I can't decide which is funnier:

Northern mocking the libs for saying somethin was missing, wanting more information, and creating the "environment" where a coach gets fired for using the n-word; more information is learned and Northern changes his opinion 180 degrees; or Northern questioning why the head coach didn't put all the facts in the initial press release.

You're a grand propagandist.

Libs in this thread: There has to be more to this story. We don't have all the facts. Because I don't want to admit that forces on my side have created an environment that results in such outcomes.
Why did you wait a page to go here? This is where you wanted to go all along.
It seems like to me OU could have kept him, and it still isn’t clear that he was forced to resign, or decided to on his own.

Not sure Joe Mixon endorsement is a good thing?

He's got a bit of a checkered past. Unless the board cons think punching a woman is acceptable behavior.
“Board cons”? WTF are you even talking about? Can’t help yourself, can you?

The bottom line is this: Any white person saying the N word under any circumstance isn’t acceptable in society anymore. If that’s not true, then explain Gundy’s resignation. Or Venables’ revised statement supporting his departure from the program. Some of the responses in this thread fly directly in the face of what just happened!

ADVERTISEMENT