ADVERTISEMENT

Looking ahead NW @ Ia. 9:00 AM Monday Ia -13.5 o/u 37.5

Win the next two games at home and it sets up a big game on road @ UCLA to salvage somewhat of what is left this season and makes the last two games meaningful for a nice, non-playoff bowl.
Nope. This season has been wasted . . . again. What happens the rest of the way against mediocre competition doesn't matter one bit . . . UNLESS Sullivan takes over as QB. Otherwise, flush it and give KF a few more million to stash away under his mattress.

Win the next two games at home and it sets up a big game on road @ UCLA to salvage somewhat of what is left this season and makes the last two games meaningful for a nice, non-playoff bowl.
They’ve played their last meaningful game this year with the 12 team playoff, no one cares about bowls outside of the fans of the respective teams and the coaches that still have antiquated bonuses tied to them.

Turns out that I’m actually going to this one, as a group of old friends is meeting up in IC. Will be great seeing old friends and family but I’ve never been less interested in attending an Iowa football game. It’s 100% an afterthought. They’re always fun purely because of the festivities but the action on the field is of minimal interest to me. Betting I’m one of many who feel this way.

I suspect the Hawks win ugly, but I’m quite certain that a win will do nothing to change anyone’s perception of the season or the program. Iowa football is currently the definition mediocre.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the hawks have another 40-10 type blowout....and then have another end of game locker speech about how great of a come back win this was while Kirk tears up

And then we can have another.... "Kirk says how do you like me now, MFers x2" thread
If so, then Ferentz is not only senile he is delusional as well.

They’ve played their last meaningful game this year with the 12 team playoff, no one cares about bowls outside of the fans of the respective teams and the coaches that still have antiquated bonuses tied to them.

I think replies like this are funny because when did anyone other than the fans of the teams in any bowl game care? Fans of the team and possibly root for fellow conference teams. Oh, and gamblers 🤣

Turns out that I’m actually going to this one, as a group of old friends is meeting up in IC. Will be great seeing old friends and family but I’ve never been less interested in attending an Iowa football game. It’s 100% an afterthought. They’re always fun purely because of the festivities but the action on the field is of minimal interest to me. Betting I’m one of many who feel this way.

I suspect the Hawks win ugly, but I’m quite certain that a win will do nothing to change anyone’s perception of the season or the program. Iowa football is currently the definition mediocre.
Yeah. We acquired some Wisconsin tickets a few weeks back. Zero interest in that game but we'll see some family so there's that.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I think replies like this are funny because when did anyone other than the fans of the teams in any bowl game care? Fans of the team and possibly root for fellow conference teams. Oh, and gamblers 🤣
Not a gambler, just curious to see what the betting group feels.

wayward pines GIF

LETS GOOOOOO!!!! 😴

I'll be there too and feel exactly the same.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
If Iowa loses this game, KF needs to be fired on the field before he gets to the locker room. That would be a clear indication that he’s given up and intends on just going through the motions until he somehow stumbles into 6 more wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRHawkeye145
I’ll watch every playoff game but very few bowl games. I’ll watch a fair amount of games between contenders to leading up to the playoffs as well. Turns out good football is more enjoyable to watch than bad or mediocre football.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
This is the type of game where KJ will go off and Cade will have an efficient 13/18 150yd no INT type game just so Kirk can tell us to F off and look at Cade's improvement.
Yep. The KF classic. Do just enough for KF to give a lippy answer when asked why his QB sucked in the other 3 losses.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT