ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at tranfer portal ratings

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
It can really hurt some teams. Northwestern has no one yet from the portal, have lost 10 in the portal. Ouch.

Texas A&M has brought in three and lost 27 players. They must not like Jimbo Fisher.

Iowa has 5 in and 10 out. I think Iowa is in the plus category at QB, TE was a good get to replace LaPorta. Anderson is a plus at WR with his speed. The Wisconsin QB filled a need for QB depth. Parker is a nice OL addition. Rouse and TeSlaa would really boost our offense. Overall the staff embraced the portal much better this year.

It can really hurt some teams. Northwestern has no one yet from the portal, have lost 10 in the portal. Ouch.

Texas A&M has brought in three and lost 27 players. They must not like Jimbo Fisher.

Iowa has 5 in and 10 out. I think Iowa is in the plus category at QB, TE was a good get to replace LaPorta. Anderson is a plus at WR with his speed. The Wisconsin QB filled a need for QB depth. Parker is a nice OL addition. Rouse and TeSlaa would really boost our offense. Overall the staff embraced the portal much better this year.
A lot of Jimbo's problem is making NIL deals they don't honor. LOL

Starting to feel like we might miss out of both Rouse and Teslaa… it’s been super quiet about Rouse’s visit unless all the info is behind a paywall… haven’t heard anything about what he thought of iowa… Teslaa basically said the SEC is on another level than BIG ten so I feel he’s a Arkansas lean right now. Plus he tweeted his buddy who committed to Iowa to “show them what us unity point guys can do” idk, maybe reading too much into that.. hope I’m wrong

Last edited:
Northwestern is tough. How many players have the academics to make it at Northwestern? Chances are, they are already going there if they were able to hack it.
As a graduate transfer, it would be a great thing to consider. Get a free MBA or Masters? And I have two close friends who have their Kellogg MBA’s. Not difficult, just expensive.

Starting to feel like we might miss out of both Rouse and Teslaa… it’s been super quiet about Rouse’s visit unless all the info is behind a paywall… haven’t heard anything about what he thought of iowa… Teslaa basically said the SEC is on another level than BIG ten so I feel he’s a Arkansas lean right now. Plus he tweeted his buddy who committed to Iowa to “show them what us unity point guys can do” idk, maybe reading too much into that.. hope I’m wrong
Teslaa is going to be a tough get but Rouse was in already and off to Nebby. On3 hasn't changed any of their predictions, so I don't know why you think we are out on him.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Teslaa is going to be a tough get but Rouse was in already and off to Nebby. On3 hasn't changed any of their predictions, so I don't know why you think we are out on him.
Feel like Nebraska might go after him really hard. Not saying we didn’t, just haven’t heard much so I worry.. like I said hope I’m wrong.

• Haha

That Jimbo Fisher deal is an interesting one…@ FSU he and they were awesome!

Now, neither of them!

he had 3 visits lined up and he is taking all of them. Nothing to worry about.
Yeah this whole portal thing is just like recruiting. Have to let the process play out. Tesla's chances of coming to Iowa are lower not because it is going on longer, but because the more time goes on the more offers he gets. Iowa has put its best foot forward with all the guys pursuing in the portal. They have got some, some have chosen elsewhere. Hopefully will get more.

I must have forgotten the part where Rouse had committed to the hawks but went elsewhere..smh
Right. Your suggestion that his visits to other schools are perfunctory in nature and nothing to be concerned about make even less sense in that context. Plenty of people said the exact same things about Proctor. "He"s only taking these visits for fun" and "Why wouldn’t he enjoy the process" and "nothing to worry about" were common refrains.

The fact of the matter is that unless you're a family member or close confidant, you have no idea what's going on, so why act like you do?

• Haha
Right. Your suggestion that his visits to other schools are perfunctory in nature and nothing to be concerned about make even less sense in that context. Plenty of people said the exact same things about Proctor. "He"s only taking these visits for fun" and "Why wouldn’t he enjoy the process" and "nothing to worry about" were common refrains.

The fact of the matter is that unless you're a family member or close confidant, you have no idea what's going on, so why act like you do?
I never claimed to have any insider information, I stated exactly what on3 had for their predictions and nothing changed. There is no need in getting worked up at this point as nothing has changed.
I wasn’t the person that compared him to another recruit that had previously committed. Apples to oranges, but do go on with your crusade…whatever that may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Northwestern is tough. How many players have the academics to make it at Northwestern? Chances are, they are already going there if they were able to hack it.
My daughter went under-grad and grad school at Northwestern (NU). She was an equipment manager on the FB team. She said players get extra help but these kids cannot hide in the classrooms. They must be good students because they are going to class with are 4.0 plus students with 34-36 ACT scores. There at only 8,000 student in under-grad in the whole University. These kids must be student athletes.

Admissions use to only allow transfers that originally qualified for NU out of high school. They changed that policy a several years ago. It is hard for transfer players because not only must football team offer but they must qualify with admissions. So high academic universities like NU have problem getting people from the transfer portal. Plus the whole NIL thing.

I never claimed to have any insider information, I stated exactly what on3 had for their predictions and nothing changed. There is no need in getting worked up at this point as nothing has changed.
I wasn’t the person that compared him to another recruit that had previously committed. Apples to oranges, but do go on with your crusade…whatever that may be.
Crusade? I'm no crusader. I also don't get worked up over too much, especially any player. I told people on here saying what you said that as long as Proctor is taking visits, he's serious about other options. If a guy is 100% in the bag, he's cancelling visits, not taking them because "he had 3 visits lined up". He might very well end up a Hawk, but the fact that he's still taking visits means he isn't yet, regardless of what any site is projecting.

• Haha
Crusade? I'm no crusader. I also don't get worked up over too much, especially any player. I told people on here saying what you said that as long as Proctor is taking visits, he's serious about other options. If a guy is 100% in the bag, he's cancelling visits, not taking them because "he had 3 visits lined up". He might very well end up a Hawk, but the fact that he's still taking visits means he isn't yet, regardless of what any site is projecting
So point me to the place where I said he was coming to Iowa.

So point me to the place where I said he was coming to Iowa.
I didn't say you did. I said that, contrary to your statement that it's "nothing to worry about", him taking visits to other schools after the Iowa visit is a negative, not a positive. If you feel otherwise that's fine. Agree to disagree.

I didn't say you did. I said that, contrary to your statement that it's "nothing to worry about", him taking visits to other schools after the Iowa visit is a negative, not a positive. If you feel otherwise that's fine. Agree to disagree.
Read the thread please. The reply was to the original post stating that he had a "feeling" that there was something to worry about. My retort was that nothing had changed via news releases and therefore, there is nothing to worry about...So, before going off on a random post, maybe read the thread.

Read the thread please. The reply was to the original post stating that he had a "feeling" that there was something to worry about. My retort was that nothing had changed via news releases and therefore, there is nothing to worry about...So, before going off on a random post, maybe read the thread.
Yeah. Ok.

When did Anderson announce? I must have missed that.

I am not an "insider"---I don't live in Iowa and have no contacts with the athletic dept other than to from time to time buy tickets--I am a Hawkeye fan and follow and support from afar

Having said that I hope the coaching staff continues to follow the portal players--To date I think they have
done a good job to plug holes and hope it continues

Reactions: Bishop1971
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT