ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at two deeps

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Was reading Lindy's Big Ten magazine this AM.

Looked at a few key position for depth and what I have read or heard.

OL - Mason Richman and Tyler Elsbury are going to compete for playing time.
TE - Lachey is the real deal, catches everything and is a great blocker
WR - Johnson and Hutson can stretch the field, Bruce is too explosive not to get him in for some plays
RB - Gavin Williams could be #2 behind Goodson

DB- Roberts has been a special teams beast, Harris and Bracy have talent, don't know much about Schulte
DL - Logan x 2 (Jones and Lee) will see the field a lot.
LBer - Jacobs and Higgins will see the field

Overall depth is young but good talent. Will be interesting how the season unfolds. Which true freshman will see the field?

Sounds like he still has a lot to learn. Sounds like Colby would be the Freshman to watch for getting playing time.
I am sure they will have some decisions to make who do you only play four games and keep the redshirt on.

Really curious how the young DL will look. Nixon was a big loss and I think Heflin clogged things up more than many realize, even if he didn’t get as much pressure or as many tackles. Not as worried about stopping run but need some pass rush.

Sounds like he still has a lot to learn. Sounds like Colby would be the Freshman to watch for getting playing time.
Absolutely. Colby got in a lot of quality work this spring while DD was bothered by the injury bug, so Colby has the leg up if someone hits the two deeps...

Was reading Lindy's Big Ten magazine this AM.

Looked at a few key position for depth and what I have read or heard.

OL - Mason Richman and Tyler Elsbury are going to compete for playing time.
TE - Lachey is the real deal, catches everything and is a great blocker
WR - Johnson and Hutson can stretch the field, Bruce is too explosive not to get him in for some plays
RB - Gavin Williams could be #2 behind Goodson

DB- Roberts has been a special teams beast, Harris and Bracy have talent, don't know much about Schulte
DL - Logan x 2 (Jones and Lee) will see the field a lot.
LBer - Jacobs and Higgins will see the field

Overall depth is young but good talent. Will be interesting how the season unfolds. Which true freshman will see the field?
IKM will still be the #2 back unless he suffers another injury, or one of the young guys just absolutely impresses.

Reactions: nu2u and rchawk
IKM will still be the #2 back unless he suffers another injury, or one of the young guys just absolutely impresses.
I want IKM to have a big comeback, but he's missed/missing valuable time and Gavin/LeShon Williams are both making their case. For not having a ton of backs, it sounds like we do have good depth.

I want IKM to have a big comeback, but he's missed/missing valuable time and Gavin/LeShon Williams are both making their case. For not having a ton of backs, it sounds like we do have good depth.
Isn’t IKM a burner? Not sure what he runs in pads but heard he is one of not
The fastest backs we have - now if he can hold onto the ball and follow his blocks we have a great 1/2 punch

Reactions: F5n5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT