ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Chauvin and Floyd did have a past

noleclone2

HR Legend
May 4, 2015
It came out pretty quick they both had worked at same club but some speculated they may not have crossed paths. Now it looks like they did...and did not get along. He knew he was killing a person he did not like....because he had the audacity to tell him he was being too aggressive. The guy was not even good at security.

So is it safe to ask if this might not be a racially motivated incident, but possibly a prick with power exacting revenge on someone he didn't like? And is there a chance that the media has been fanning the flames of racism where racism isn't a factor?
Am I allowed to ask that?

Racist AND premeditated. (No black man gon' tell him he's doin' things wrong, bro)

Public hanging. Make it last 8:46 before they full drop him, slowly, so he asphyxiates rather than breaks his neck. Let Floyd's relatives run the rope.

So is it safe to ask if this might not be a racially motivated incident, but possibly a prick with power exacting revenge on someone he didn't like? And is there a chance that the media has been fanning the flames of racism where racism isn't a factor?

How do you possibly untangle those two things? A white cop killed a black man by slowing choking him to death. Possibly because he didn't like him. How is it possible to take race out of that situation?

How do you possibly untangle those two things? A white cop killed a black man by slowing choking him to death. Possibly because he didn't like him. How is it possible to take race out of that situation?
Maybe the cop was fully PC and didn't realize Floyd was black, just a person he didn't like? Isn't that the goal, not to see color? It's still possible to hate someone even if you don't see color. That will never change.

Maybe the cop was fully PC and didn't realize Floyd was black, just a person he didn't like? Isn't that the goal, not to see color? It's still possible to hate someone even if you don't see color. That will never change.

Yes, EagleHawk, that is certainly how it went down.

Reactions: noleclone2
The catalyst for these movements always has a back story that make it complicated. I imagine Britain felt the Tea Act was a misunderstanding and the colonists overreacted......

This was talked about on kfan a couple weeks ago by a caller. I figured it was a matter of time.

The story I read was the cop had issues at night club also but the club kept him on payroll? I might not have read that correctly.

the cop had past issues but not only kept his job was also training new cops.

Whatever the city pays in the lawsuit isn’t enough. Ridiculous.

I agree. Also, what about the 3 cops who were there and did nothing to stop Chauvin?

Your perception of the incident includes race, but that does not mean race was a motivating factor in it. I’m not saying it wasn’t, just that no one has shown me any evidence to support it.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I will put you down and the other folks liking your post as not watching the 2:14 video in which the freakin owner of the nightclub comments on Chauvin being afraid and intimated by black people. Nice take though...

Your perception of the incident includes race, but that does not mean race was a motivating factor in it. I’m not saying it wasn’t, just that no one has shown me any evidence to support it.

Yeah, I can't conclusively state race was a factor but I can conclusively state that a white guy on the ground in that situation does not get choked to death.

Whatever the city pays in the lawsuit isn’t enough. Ridiculous.

Cities shouldn't be footing these bills.
Fellow cops should be. Because there's simply no way there weren't other guys on that force who knew this guy's M.O. But the Blue Wall wasn't going to encourage anyone to speak up.

Make 'em financially accountable for their fellow officers' misconduct, and you'll root out the bad seeds within days, not decades.

I agree. Also, what about the 3 cops who were there and did nothing to stop Chauvin?

...you say something on camera and you just gave the oversight committees evidence there was misconduct!

#BlueWallOfSilence

Cities shouldn't be footing these bills.
Fellow cops should be. Because there's simply no way there weren't other guys on that force who knew this guy's M.O. But the Blue Wall wasn't going to encourage anyone to speak up.

Make 'em financially accountable for their fellow officers' misconduct, and you'll root out the bad seeds within days, not decades.
You can’t really expect cops to pay $1000 a month for liability insurance. Whatever the price would be. At the end of the day the victims will go after the city because they have deep pockets. Does no good to get a $10 million dollar settlement against a cop that has no money and is going to prison.

Yes, because all of the frustration about how law enforcement treats people of color is because of this single, isolate incident.

I'm so tired of the dumb****ery...

You can’t really expect cops to pay $1000 a month for liability insurance. Whatever the price would be. At the end of the day the victims will go after the city because they have deep pockets. Does no good to get a $10 million dollar settlement against a cop that has no money and is going to prison.

Go after money in the Police Pension Funds or take it out of their future budgets?

I will put you down and the other folks liking your post as not watching the 2:14 video in which the freakin owner of the nightclub comments on Chauvin being afraid and intimated by black people. Nice take though...
If you are "intimidated" by the color of someone's skin, you might want to choose an alternative to law enforcement as your profession.

You are certainly allowed to ask because so far there is no empirical evidence that points to race being a factor. The only way to get there is by hunch. Perhaps during the investigation more information will surface to support a Federal Hate Crime charge. I still expect Federal Civil Rights charges.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
So we can all agree the cop was a prick. Unfortunately IMO, way too many good police are getting a bad deal because of what this DB did.

Reactions: Hawk_82

"Afraid and intimated" sounds complicated.

It came out pretty quick they both had worked at same club but some speculated they may not have crossed paths. Now it looks like they did...and did not get along. He knew he was killing a person he did not like....because he had the audacity to tell him he was being too aggressive. The guy was not even good at security.

Knew there had to be something there. Does that move it to 1st degree charge?

Reactions: noleclone2

Does this mean the Crossfit guys theory was correct?

So one incident destroys the retirement of all officers?

"Destroys"? No. "Impacts". And thus they are empowered and incentivized to keep one another in line. Much like the discipline on a successful football team. They don't rely on "just the coach" to tell them what to do; they take things on themselves to focus, keep one another in line and develop winning attitudes.

Ergo, that "one guy" who is a superfreak athlete, but acts up and gets 15 yd personal fouls every other play, gets benched. Because his antics hurt the team, and the team is incentivized to dump him if they wanna win games.

Technically, as we now know, at least two of them questioned Chauvin, one of them did so twice and were rebuffed by Chauvin. It is true that they did not roll Chauvin off of him or put up a big scene to get Chauvin to back down. However, had they done that, they probably would have been disciplined/ostracized for having done so as junior officers.

It is also true that two of the officers on the scene had worked a grand total of 7 shifts combined at that time and one of them was Chauvin's direct trainee. I find it interesting that SO MANY people say that the other three officers on the scene "should have done something...", without also taking into account that their training did not prepare them for such an event and may well have actually "taught" them not to challenge a senior officer and even to stand down when a senior officer is on the scene.

Now then...should they have done something to intervene...absolutely yes. But it is far easier to declare that after the fact when much more is known and the context is clearer than it was at that time. It is likely that for at least two of those officers, that was the first such encounter that they had ever experienced.

I really think that the Minneapolis PD screwed up in their selection process, training protocol, culture and preparation if I am understanding everything correctly.

You can’t really expect cops to pay $1000 a month for liability insurance.
Sure you can.

And if they are able to avoid misconduct issues that require no payouts, they get unused money as bonuses.

Let your hothead buddy f*** up and cause a problem, and you all lose a chunk of cash. Ergo, they'll be highly incentivized to dump the problem cops. And, instead of being considered "rats", they'll be considered "protectors of our money pool".

Yeah, I can't conclusively state race was a factor but I can conclusively state that a white guy on the ground in that situation does not get choked to death.

Well except that another video has now emerged, from a different area mind you, that shows officers doing something similar to a man and he too ultimately dies...after 12+ minutes of restraint...and the decedent was white.

Chauvin may very well be racist OR he may not be that racist, but just had a beef with a specific person that he knew and then abused, horrendously, his authority in a situation.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Well except that another video has now emerged, from a different area mind you, that shows officers doing something similar to a man and he too ultimately dies...after 12+ minutes of restraint...and the decedent was white.

Chauvin may very well be racist OR he may not be that racist, but just had a beef with a specific person that he knew and then abused, horrendously, his authority in a situation.

"Well, it happened to somebody else" is the "all lives matter" corollary. But yes, it could have been premeditated and not racial and not at all related to police business.

This thread is so vintage HROT 2020.

You have a 2 minute clip in which a worker in a club says a murdering cop was being extra violent with the minority patrons, the worker says murdering cop was told by the murdered black security guard to knock it off, and that the club owner said the murdering cop was afraid and intimidated by black people = murdering cop is not racist.

Even if Chauvin was kneeling on his neck just cause he didn't like the man and it had nothing to do with his race, you have to ask yourself why 3 other cops saw him doing this and never once tried to get him to get off the guy's neck.

You also have to ask yourself why the PD felt so confident about the cop's version of events that they released a statement backing them almost immediately.

And it's highly questionable that their dislike of one other had absolutely nothing to do with race.

Should be easier to pin a murder charge, and leave race out of it (guess we're past that though)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT