ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like it is done to Mizzou & OSU

Originally posted by mizzoufan90:
Hope the flagrant doesn't cost us a Natty.
Speak for yourself.

Now let's hope Waters and Cox take care of business in the semis. The rest of your guys in the consis are welcome to still underachieve if they'd like though.

Do you guys honestly think you have a chance? We both have seven wrestlers but we have 3 favorites in the semi's.

Do you guys honestly think you have a chance? We both have seven wrestlers but we have 3 favorites in the semi's.
The fact that you think you have a chance to catch OSU shows just how ignorant you are. Let's see you back here after Waters loses in the Semis.

Originally posted by ih8iast8:
The fact that you think you have a chance to catch OSU shows just how ignorant you are. Let's see you back here after Waters loses in the Semis.
Hahahaha. Ohio St. has one sure thing. There is a very good chance they lose 4/5 in the Semi's and we win 3/3. If we win 3/3, beating two Buckeyes on the way, we will close the gap considerably. Keep acting like Iowa fans are the only ones able to read basic tables and odds.

hypothetically...
4 3rds and a Champ beats 3 Champs.

I'm sure there are other breakdowns out there...

Hahahaha. Ohio St. has one sure thing. There is a very good chance they lose 4/5 in the Semi's and we win 3/3. If we win 3/3, beating two Buckeyes on the way, we will close the gap considerably. Keep acting like Iowa fans are the only ones able to read basic tables and odds.
Speaking of reading ability, you did notice that this said Hawkeye Report at the top, right?. This means that the majority of people here don't really care what you have to say. So why don't you headbutt your way back to Missouri's wrestling forum. Or wait, they don't have one because they are irrelevant in the history of the sport.

But are favored in only one on the back whereas we are looking good on the back. That's where the the most points are available, currently. (That said, I hope Mizzou wins at 125 and 197!)

Learn about tournament scoring and come back. Thanks.

You seem to be the one struggling with it.

Must be new to this sport. Miklus, England and Mellon are all underdogs and should be sent packing tonight. The only underdog at serious risk of losing in the consolation bracket for Iowa should be Brooks and he has a winnable match.

Originally posted by CP84 2.0:
Must be new to this sport. Miklus, England and Mellon are all underdogs and should be sent packing tonight. The only underdog at serious risk of losing in the consolation bracket for Iowa should be Brooks and he has a winnable match.
Miklus really trolled the ish out of your fanbase. He has a very good chance of top 4. But nice try, I'll keep living in the real world.

Originally posted by CP84 2.0:
Miklus really trolled the ish out of your fanbase. He has a very good chance of top 4. But nice try, I'll keep living in the real world.
He beat a backup 174. Pretty sad to brag about that. Meeks will dispatch of him tonight.

Originally posted by LutherAce:
hypothetically...

Is it possible to have champions at all 10 weights and still lose the team race?..............................Interesting thing about wrestling, if true.

Look at the title of this post and you will see how dumb this inbred from Missouri is. "Looks like it is DONE to Mizzou & OSU" Were you looking for the word DOWN. Sound it out buddy.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:

hypothetically...

Is it possible to have champions at all 10 weights and still lose the team race?..............................Interesting thing about wrestling, if true.
Yes,
I am pretty sure the max points are available for a 3rd place finisher who loses their first bout and then pins their way through the rest of the tournament. That, I believe, would outscore a NC who did the same. Or atleast it seemed that way a few years back.

hypothetically...

Yes. In 2013 Dake beat Taylor for the championship, but Taylor outscored Dake 24-22.

Originally posted by DotCommer:

hypothetically...

Yes,
I am pretty sure the max points are available for a 3rd place finisher who loses their first bout and then pins their way through the rest of the tournament. That, I believe, would outscore a NC who did the same. Or atleast it seemed that way a few years back.
I believe the minimum points for 1st place is 19 (16 + 3 advancement); maximum for 2nd is 21 (12 + 3 advancement + 6 for 3 falls); maximum for 3rd is 21.5 (10 + 2.5 advancement + 8 points for 4 falls);

So you could have 10 champions and lose, so long as some other team had all 2nd and 3rd who pinned almost every single match they won.

I anxiously look forward to fans from the next team that has a flash in the pan year to come on and spout continuous nonsense. We'll still be here contending for titles

minimum for a champ with no bonus is 20 (16+4 advancement)

The max points for a champ that pins through finals is 30

The max points for someone who loses first round and pins through to third is 29.5.

Pigtails could score 33 points if they pin through to win.

Pigtail losers could score 31.5 if they pin through to 3rd.

A third place finisher would have up to 7 matches (8 with pigtail) to accrue bonus. A NC 5 (or 6).

1) 20...... 5 wins
2) 16...... 4
3) 13.5......7
4) 12.5.....6
5) 10.......6
6) 9.........5
7) 6.5......5
8) 5.5......4

You can add one match and 1/.5 adv if pigtail is involved.
This is if losing in first or second round. Making it to quarters deducts 1 match.
Losing in semis for 3-6 place finish deducts a second match.

Technically, a 6th place finish, and all pins including pigtail match could net 21 points.

Not gonna do ALL the iterations... but scoring more on the backside is certainly possible.

hypothetically...

Yes,
So essentially the team race isn't decided by just winning, so much, as scoring more points..........makes sense.
confused0022.r191677.gif

I'd honestly like to see that day come when there's a team that rolls to 10 individual titles and is watching someone else celebrate the "team" title........................mainly for all the reactions from fans around the country wondering wtf just happened.

It just seems like a minor flaw in the system to me, is all.

Did the original poster mean to write "it is down to Mizzou & OSU" and then nobody called him on it?

C'mon guys, you're better than that.

hypothetically...

Yes,
So essentially the team race isn't decided by just winning, so much, as scoring more points..........makes sense.
confused0022.r191677.gif

I'd honestly like to see that day come when there's a team that rolls to 10 individual titles and is watching someone else celebrate the "team" title........................mainly for all the reactions from fans around the country wondering wtf just happened.

It just seems like a minor flaw in the system to me, is all.
It is. I noticed it when my son was in high school, and I realized that if you're trying to rack-up career wins it's better to not have a first-round bye, because you get one less win. And it's better to lose early then battle back to 3rd; because you'll get one more win than the guy who wins the tournament.

In some ways I get the scoring thing -- because in the end the object of wrestling is to pin your opponent. So falls are rewarded disproportionately to winning.

The real flaw is that while they recognize that advancements in wrestlebacks should not be rewarded the same as in the championship matches, they don't recognize that bonus points should also not be rewarded as much. Simple fix is to cut bonus points in half in the wrestlebacks. Seems crazy that they haven't.

Originally posted by Vallholl:
Did the original poster mean to write "it is down to Mizzou & OSU" and then nobody called him on it?

C'mon guys, you're better than that.
I actually thought he was complaining about the DQ and something happening to O$U that made him think the fix was on for Iowa or something. I thought he just had crappy grammar. Your interpretation is probably correct.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Vallholl-

Chopper 25 called him on it already, a few posts above yours.

"Look at the title of this post
and you will see how dumb this inbred from Missouri is. "Looks like it
is DONE to Mizzou & OSU" Were you looking for the word DOWN. Sound
it out buddy."

I think the OP is just too hard-headed to believe he's wrong.

Thanks. I feel better. I am reading most of this on my phone so I may miss some stuff.

Bryowan posted on 3/20/2015...
Vallholl-

Chopper 25 called him on it already, a few posts above yours.

"Look at the title of this post
and you will see how dumb this inbred from Missouri is. "Looks like it
is DONE to Mizzou & OSU" Were you looking for the word DOWN. Sound
it out buddy."

I think the OP is just too hard-headed to believe he's wrong.

Come back Mizzeryfan90 and show us your trophy! Wait do they give trophies to 4th place finishers? Glad to see Miklus from Iowa show up for the team atleast!

And the OP shows he's seen too few National Tournaments. Should have just waited instead of popping off before it was really over. What a level of hate he must have for Iowa to come over here and yap off when he's trolling for the possibility of his team OR another!

If you switched point totals for Tomisello (24.5) and Snyder (18) with Waters (13.5) and Cox (10), then Mizzou gets 91.5 and tOSU has 83.

Menace Sockeyes posted on 3/20/2015...
Congrats on Waters and Cox coming through. You must be able to taste that national championship! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT