ADVERTISEMENT

Looks safe 🙄

You are moving the goalposts. I'm not arguing about smoking bans in businesses. I'm simply stating that we as a civilized people have long known about the dangers of smoking and 2nd hand smoke.

Yet people choose to accept the risk and smoke. Or in some cases marry a smoker even though they themselves are not a smoker. Because there is something there that makes it worth the chosen risk.

See, I just long for the days where we could all lives our lives unencumbered from those that deemed themselves smarter than the rest. You're not. So stop acting like a child. These old folks know full well that the rona is out there and are choosing to attend this event anyway. But go on. Get those panties in a bunch.
Not moving anything you just don't get it. The virus is like 2nd hand smoke, but more immediately dangerous. Masks significantly help prevent the spread of the virus to others, yet we don't have mask mandates everywhere. 2nd hand smoke is harmful to others so we ban smoking indoors in public places to prevent damage to others. Who someone associates with and the risks they take is not the point - endangering others is.

There is no reasonable objection to having mask mandates yet so many refuse to call for them. It makes no sense.

My wife's mother is 83. Better to Zoom with her rather than kill her. If she gets it there's a 1 in 18 chance it would be fatal per the CDC. If we killed her my wife would feel bad. I'll be 63 in a few months and I have three siblings older than me...two in their seventies. I'm not buying the argument that they're going to die anyway so who cares if it's Covid but if that works for you, great. You really care about your family, obviously. Do I have another 12 months in me? Ummm...yeah. Anyone who deliberately puts others at risk when it's unnecessary because they have emotional attachment issues isn't worth the time to argue with.
What are you talking about? I’m saying these older people are choosing to go there AND not wear masks. My feelings on the matter isn’t “not caring”. Of course I care about people’s lives, even your parents and siblings. If people in the higher risk population are willing to make those decisions, however, that is there right. If your 83 year old mother chooses to go out and attend these events even without a mask, that is her right. It’s not a good choice, but it is her right.

Did I hear correctly that Biden will be campaigning in Iowa this weekend? If true, that's a clear indicator of how much trouble Trump is in.

My wife's mother is 83. Better to Zoom with her rather than kill her. If she gets it there's a 1 in 18 chance it would be fatal per the CDC. If we killed her my wife would feel bad. I'll be 63 in a few months and I have three siblings older than me...two in their seventies. I'm not buying the argument that they're going to die anyway so who cares if it's Covid but if that works for you, great. You really care about your family, obviously. Do I have another 12 months in me? Ummm...yeah. Anyone who deliberately puts others at risk when it's unnecessary because they have emotional attachment issues isn't worth the time to argue with.

Hats off.

At 62 years old it’s pretty amazing you or your wife haven’t seen friends or relatives in 8 months. Got another 8 months in you? That’s into July.

I get your point, but how many people who voted in the Republican primary in 2016 for Ted Cruz do you really think is an undecided voter at this point?

Or how many of them are now energized to make the effort to go vote because Ted Cruz visited them a week before the election where they would not have voted otherwise?

Bringing in somebody for an endorsement at this point, should really be checking one of those two boxes. I just don’t see how he does either.

Yes, I'm pretty confident the overwhelming majority of people have already made up their minds. The question will be about voter turnout. If Dems actually get people to the polls who will vote for Biden, it will be a landslide victory for Biden. That's always the challenge for Dems, though. Getting people to the polls.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
What are you talking about? I’m saying these older people are choosing to go there AND not wear masks. My feelings on the matter isn’t “not caring”. Of course I care about people’s lives, even your parents and siblings. If people in the higher risk population are willing to make those decisions, however, that is there right. If your 83 year old mother chooses to go out and attend these events even without a mask, that is her right. It’s not a good choice, but it is her right.
You still don't get it. She doesn't have to go anywhere to catch it...she has to have people close to her that decide to go out and then meet with her. Or people close to here who meet with friends who go out and expose themselves. Covid is contagious...you can get it without leaving your house if someone brings it into your house.

Did I hear correctly that Biden will be campaigning in Iowa this weekend? If true, that's a clear indicator of how much trouble Trump is in.

Biden is in Des Moines today for a car rally. Probably touch on the existential threat that is global warming at the car rally.

Iowa is still a toss up. Always has been. Trump has to have it. Biden can survive losing it.

I get your point, but how many people who voted in the Republican primary in 2016 for Ted Cruz do you really think is an undecided voter at this point?

Or how many of them are now energized to make the effort to go vote because Ted Cruz visited them a week before the election where they would not have voted otherwise?

Bringing in somebody for an endorsement at this point, should really be checking one of those two boxes. I just don’t see how he does either.
He’s there to bring in the voters who would like to support a man who calls their spouse ugly and their father an assassin. You know, beta cucks with daddy issues and a hint of masochism. I’d guess that’s close to 20-30 percent of Trump’s base.

Hats off.

At 62 years old it’s pretty amazing you or your wife haven’t seen friends or relatives in 8 months. Got another 8 months in you? That’s into July.
I quite honestly have no idea what you're talking about. We've seen friends and relatives many times over the past months. Do you not live in this century?

You still don't get it. She doesn't have to go anywhere to catch it...she has to have people close to her that decide to go out and then meet with her. Or people close to here who meet with friends who go out and expose themselves. Covid is contagious...you can get it without leaving your house if someone brings it into your house.
Exactly!!!! I agree with you. I am not arguing with you. All I am saying is that those people there, including the older and more vulnerable people, all made an informed decision to attend and not wear masks. I am sure they are not trying to kill their loved ones either.

You are moving the goalposts. I'm not arguing about smoking bans in businesses. I'm simply stating that we as a civilized people have long known about the dangers of smoking and 2nd hand smoke.

Yet people choose to accept the risk and smoke. Or in some cases marry a smoker even though they themselves are not a smoker. Because there is something there that makes it worth the chosen risk.

See, I just long for the days where we could all lives our lives unencumbered from those that deemed themselves smarter than the rest. You're not. So stop acting like a child. These old folks know full well that the rona is out there and are choosing to attend this event anyway. But go on. Get those panti

Do you long for the days when the Federal Government could tell women what to do with their reproductive organs and who could and couldn't be married?

Exactly!!!! I agree with you. I am not arguing with you. All I am saying is that those people there, including the older and more vulnerable people, all made an informed decision to attend and not wear masks. I am sure they are not trying to kill their loved ones either.
So they're fvcking idiots becasue they completely miss the fact that they're not only putting themselves at risk but putting everyone they come in close contact with at risk. And THOSE people didn't choose to attend that spreader event.

The personal responsibility here isn't personal...it's collective. You're responsible for EVERYONE in your close contact group. You can't make a choice that doesn't involve them when it comes to Covid.

Agreed?

Yep nobody there is responsible for themselves
Exactly, at some point you have to let people take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming it on other people. Is that in the Democrats Creed; always blame others and never take responsibility for your self?

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
I think a personal visit can have an impact. But is just hearing about it or seeing a pic or vid "personal" enough?

So they're fvcking idiots becasue they completely miss the fact that they're not only putting themselves at risk but putting everyone they come in close contact with at risk. And THOSE people didn't choose to attend that spreader event.

The personal responsibility here isn't personal...it's collective. You're responsible for EVERYONE in your close contact group. You can't make a choice that doesn't involve them when it comes to Covid.

Agreed?
Again, a .05% mortality rate for people less than 69. It is probably much lower than that. People are going to make their choices. It may not be wise, but to lash out and ridicule people for making a decision to do something with a mortality rate that low is a little over the top. I try to abide by guidelines, but also don't allow it to rule my life. My parents choose to spend time with their children and grandchildren and attend their games without wearing masks. It is there choice and I love them dearly.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Again, a .05% mortality rate for people less than 69. It is probably much lower than that. People are going to make their choices. It may not be wise, but to lash out and ridicule people for making a decision to do something with a mortality rate that low is a little over the top. I try to abide by guidelines, but also don't allow it to rule my life. My parents choose to spend time with their children and grandchildren and attend their games without wearing masks. It is there choice and I love them dearly.
I remember when the bar was a little higher than “well it PROBABLY won’t actually KILL someone.”

I kind of try not to make people sick, too.

Good, they can all fvcking die. If you’re still not wearing a mask given what we know, then your gene pool needs to be eradicated

Sorry - I don't understand that kind of thinking. You wouldn't intervene if they were doing anything that put their health at serious risk? It might not kill them and it's their choice? And I have no idea how old they are but I suspect their risk is far higher than your general number. It's not like it skyrockets on the 70th birthday.

I will agree that fixing stupid is a tall order.

Good, they can all fvcking die. If you’re still not wearing a mask given what we know, then your gene pool needs to be eradicated
hint: their gene pool has already been passed on

See, I just long for the days where we could all lives our lives unencumbered from those that deemed themselves smarter than the rest. You're not. So stop acting like a child. These old folks know full well that the rona is out there and are choosing to attend this event anyway. But go on. Get those panties in a bunch.

Maybe they're acting on bad information, you know, like many of them hear on a daily basis from the stupid side of our country. There are plenty out there still convinced that the pandemic is a hoax and a methodology to gain control of society and their freedoms, and they are not shy about sharing their stupid notions and thoughts.

Reactions: torbee
You can't live your life with a mask on? GTFO

You can't let others live theirs with a mask off? GTFO You and your ilk are power hungry to control the masses. Sorry the masses won't roll over for you.

Not moving anything you just don't get it. The virus is like 2nd hand smoke, but more immediately dangerous. Masks significantly help prevent the spread of the virus to others, yet we don't have mask mandates everywhere. 2nd hand smoke is harmful to others so we ban smoking indoors in public places to prevent damage to others. Who someone associates with and the risks they take is not the point - endangering others is.

There is no reasonable objection to having mask mandates yet so many refuse to call for them. It makes no sense.

*Mask mandates don't work* clap clap clapclapclap

Keep going.

You can't let others live theirs with a mask off? GTFO You and your ilk are power hungry to control the masses. Sorry the masses won't roll over for you.
GFY you selfish prick. It's about the health and economy of our society that sucks dicks like you put at risk.

Reactions: BelemNole
I see two people without them in the top one. Those without them in the bottom picture are wearing them in the top picture.

Of course, all they would need to do is ransack the place, light it on fire and start chanting about killing cops, and they would be immune from getting COVID, according to our experts here. Maybe they did that after the picture.
You need some rest. That shit is delusional.

Exactly, at some point you have to let people take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming it on other people. Is that in the Democrats Creed; always blame others and never take responsibility for your self?

Something something I don’t take responsibility at all dark side complete.

Some con said that recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyHawk
*Mask mandates don't work* clap clap clapclapclap

Keep going.

I wouldn't be so confident. Below are some links if you are interested. The first one looks is just a new article looking at difference in cases in areas of Kansas depending on whether they had mask mandates or not. The second link is from Vanderbilt looking at growth of hospitalizations based on % of patients coming from counties with mask mandates. The third is just showing that masks themselves work.

Kansas Mask Mandate

I admittedly haven't read through this whole thread, so I may have missed this. But a common theme seems to be confusing Public Health with personal health. The more virus circulating, the more risky every interaction is. For those saying just stay at home, what about those people who live with others who need to work? Or need home health? Or need to go to the hospital? Or to a doctors visit? With low community transmission rates, these are all safe. With high transmission rates, it is more debatable. I have more to say, but am too tired to make it coherent, so maybe I will come back to this later.

ADVERTISEMENT