ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana advances bill to classify abortion as homicide

Lucas…buddy. How does Trump being elected in 2016 and voted out in 2020 cause a law in Louisiana in 2022 to be proposed?

Need some i’s dotted and t’s crossed on this one.
Because of the number of Justices he got to put on the court, one of those which should have been Obama's nominee. Had Trump not won that election, then the court stays firmly on the Liberal side and abortion stays freely protected. That entire election was about the courts to Republicans.

Because of the number of Justices he got to put on the court, one of those which should have been Obama's nominee. Had Trump not won that election, then the court stays firmly on the Liberal side and abortion stays freely protected. That entire election was about the courts to Republicans.
I blame the “Never Hillary” dipshit Bernie supporters that stayed home in 2016.

You're not wrong. They are smart enough to know better. On the other hand, almost 63 million people voted for an obvious conman with no moral compass, and millions more voted for him again.
True statement. If the same numbers show up for Hillary as Obama she wins….

Should have been the case as Trump was x1000 worse than MIt Romney

Still a head scratcher that the “left” wasn’t motivated to come out in massive numbers that year

Last edited:

Should have been the case as Trump was x1000 then MIt Romney

Still a head scratcher that the “left” wasn’t motivated to come out in massive numbers that year
Who did you vote for?

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
Interesting that some Asian cultures base their age on when they were conceived.

Carry on..

So then taking someone off of life support will clearly be homicide too, right? Let's at least be consistent here if protecting the rights of the voiceless is the top priority

The last time we were a nation where people had meaningfully different rights in different states, we had a Civil War.

The nation as a whole favors abortion being available in most cases. But in a bunch of red states a majority thinks abortion should be illegal in most cases.

I'm not arguing that forcing women to carry to term is identical to slavery. But it's the closest thing I can think of that's happened in this country. And it's very serious.

So then taking someone off of life support will clearly be homicide too, right? Let's at least be consistent here if protecting the rights of the voiceless is the top priority
No, but that comparison points up the need for clear, rational, fact-based - not religion-based - reasons for such decisions.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

You forget that the conventional wisdom held that there was no way Trump could win. No urgency to turn out.

Despite which, Clinton beat Trump by nearly 3 million votes.

Plenty of D-leaning voters didn't particularly like Hillary. Some were demoralized by the email scandal, and watching the Dems put all their money on blaming Russia. She dismissed, attacked, and lied about the left.

That's no way to rally your troops.

I speak from experience.

Reactions: EasyHawk

They were convinced that Hillary would walk away with it and that Trump would be treated as the clown he was, so they all made protest votes, etc... There were also a lot of Democrats who simply hated Hillary.

They were convinced that Hillary would walk away with it and that Trump would be treated as the clown he was, so they all made protest votes, etc... There were also a lot of Democrats who simply hated Hillary.
I saw an interview with Hillary a few days ago. PBS Newshour, I think. The topic was abortion.

She's 75. Same as Trump. Younger than Biden or Mitt.

She spoke well on the issue, although she had nothing original to say.

I sensed the main reason she was there was to remind people that she's still available.

I wonder how many of us who thought it was safe to vote their conscience in 2016 would withhold their vote from her if she is the 2024 candidate.

ADVERTISEMENT