ADVERTISEMENT

Love this time of year...

Dandelions on the neighbor's yard and that mofo refuses to do anything about it.

BTW: It's my reason for not feeling bad about pissing in his yard when I get home from the bar at 2AM.

Holy shit. I think we have the same neighbor. Lawn guys sprayed my yard last week and neighbor’s dandelions and weeds are already creeping back towards my line. Might have to bust out the farm Roundup here soon.

Reactions: MitchL
Safer walking due to no ice. I chauffeur the wife for birding and we just passed through the water bird migration and now the summer birds are moving in. ( I will never get over the thrill of seeing the large bird formations passing over. Just one of nature's coolest rituals.) Driving vacation to someplace we've been thinking about since last summer's vacation. This year we are going back to the Pacific Northwest.

Mushroom hunting, gardening, biking without having to wear a snowmobile suit, sitting by a fire...what do you enjoy about this time of year?

I know generic thread is generic, but HROT is unreadable as of late.
you bike with a snowmobile suit? That's hard core.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Holy shit. I think we have the same neighbor. Lawn guys sprayed my yard last week and neighbor’s dandelions and weeds are already creeping back towards my line. Might have to bust out the farm Roundup here soon.
Funny story... my neighbor had some CRP land a few years ago that became overrun with Canadian thistles right next to my lawn. I eventually saw hundreds of scattered thistles in my yard. So I grab the Roundup and start spraying his thistles. He approaches me and asks what I'm doing. I tell him if he's not going to control his weeds, I will. After a few "eff bombs" from me, he walks away. Next day he's out there with a scythe wacking down the weeds.

Sometimes you just have to get nasty to get results.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Dandelions on the neighbor's yard and that mofo refuses to do anything about it.

BTW: It's my reason for not feeling bad about pissing in his yard when I get home from the bar at 2AM.

I am the dandelion king. Eff you old white neighbors. I can't wait for the clovers and creeping Charlie to take off.

Reactions: ping72
Mushroom hunting, gardening, biking without having to wear a snowmobile suit, sitting by a fire...what do you enjoy about this time of year?

Yeah, HROT is getting way to political for my liking. Haven't been around as much anymore.

Mushrooms are one of the more disgusting things on earth, so no hunting for me. This is great bar patio weather, not 90° and humid, and not too cold. Unfortunately the wife is 8 months preggo, so not much action there this year. Hope to go to The Landing in CL this weekend, been wanting to try it out since it has new ownership. There really isn't much to love about spring. The white stuff is finally gone and the weather is perfect.

Reactions: 2bagger22
lilacs. I have five at the new house that just bloomed. It smells so good in our front yard right now.

And three weeks to LFA. My favorite day of the year.

I'll tell you what I hate.

The damn little gnats out this time of year. The second the breeze stops blowing you have them swooping around your head. Hate those little bastards

Reactions: Moral
Fishing gets better, not having to layer up, gets busier at work, only have to get kids ready twice a week in the morning during summer vacation.

Yeah, HROT is getting way to political for my liking. Haven't been around as much anymore.

Mushrooms are one of the more disgusting things on earth, so no hunting for me. This is great bar patio weather, not 90° and humid, and not too cold. Unfortunately the wife is 8 months preggo, so not much action there this year. Hope to go to The Landing in CL this weekend, been wanting to try it out since it has new ownership. There really isn't much to love about spring. The white stuff is finally gone and the weather is perfect.

You probably like ketchup tho, amirite?

Is the new ownership group based in CF?

You probably like ketchup tho, amirite?

Is the new ownership group based in CF?
I'll put ketchup on burgers, brats, or hotdogs if thats what you're asking?

I have no idea. They bought the Hotel as well and completely renovated, they even removed a room to add to the kitchen. Service was the worst there last year and finally I just stopped going. Hotel looks sweet, haven't seen The Landing yet.

I also want to try the patio at the new place in Ankeny. Angry Goat I believe it's called. Looks decent.

I'll put ketchup on burgers, brats, or hotdogs if thats what you're asking?

I have no idea. They bought the Hotel as well and completely renovated, they even removed a room to add to the kitchen. Service was the worst there last year and finally I just stopped going. Hotel looks sweet, haven't seen The Landing yet.

I also want to try the patio at the new place in Ankeny. Angry Goat I believe it's called. Looks decent.

I believe I was told that the money behind it is a young developer from here...guy owns everything in this town.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Spring. Rain, pollen, an occasional hot day mixed with some stubbornly cold days. As a homeowner I came to hate spring, because that's when all the crap starts falling out of the trees making the lawn a mess. It's basically my least favorite season.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I believe I was told that the money behind it is a young developer from here...guy owns everything in this town.
I'll go into it with minimal optimism then. Unfortunately places in Clear Lake have learned they can put minimal effort into their businesses and still succeed because they are on/near the lake. PM park is complete garbage and could be a poor mans version of Barefoot Bar with the right ownership. Someone could print money at that place 6 months out of the year.

I'll go into it with minimal optimism then. Unfortunately places in Clear Lake have learned they can put minimal effort into their businesses and still succeed because they are on/near the lake. PM park is complete garbage and could be a poor mans version of Barefoot Bar with the right ownership. Someone could print money at that place 6 months out of the year.

Seems any location on a lake is like this. The bar/restaurant on the lake my family cabin is the same way -- they can print money and care little about their actual product. We complain but life's a lot better sitting out there than at a desk. As such, it's the best part of this time of year and I can't wait to have some brews this weekend up there.

Seems any location on a lake is like this. The bar/restaurant on the lake my family cabin is the same way -- they can print money and care little about their actual product. We complain but life's a lot better sitting out there than at a desk. As such, it's the best part of this time of year and I can't wait to have some brews this weekend up there.
Yeah. I complain about shitty service and food everytime I'm there and come right back the next weekend. Something about drinking on the lake that gets me.

Reactions: 2bagger22
Golf would be great, but it'd have to stop raining so we could finish planting beans.
I enjoy mowing, but I hate pollen - yay for allergies.
Getting back in the tractor is always a good feeling, but not when it takes this long to plant
The smell of spring, dirt, rain, enjoy that

Grilling season is at it's peak, same with patio beers (until fall). I despise hot heather, so I'll be happy for maybe another week or so before it gets miserable.
Fishing picks up, walleye are hitting hard in the river, and the local lakes. Crappie spawn should be upon us, I'd think.
And finally, throwing the kids outside to burn off their energy. Man, winter got long with those late snow storms.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Spring. Rain, pollen, an occasional hot day mixed with some stubbornly cold days. As a homeowner I came to hate spring, because that's when all the crap starts falling out of the trees making the lawn a mess. It's basically my least favorite season.

What about a sunny, spring day with 72 degree weather, a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky?

Confirmed...CV developers.

Spring time in Cedar Falls....know what I'm saying??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT