ADVERTISEMENT

Lugo is a Hawkeye!

Welcome aboard! Let's hope he gets a release and he may be in the lineup sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Huck
Welcome aboard! Let's hope he gets a release and he may be in the lineup sooner rather than later.

From FLO Article: " It was a long process for the newest Hawkeye middleweight, but he has been granted a release from Edinboro and will wrestle for the Iowa Hawkeyes."

From IAWrestle Article: " In speaking with Lugo, IAwrestle was informed that he was not granted a release from Edinboro, but he intends to continue to pursue a release."

From FLO Article: " It was a long process for the newest Hawkeye middleweight, but he has been granted a release from Edinboro and will wrestle for the Iowa Hawkeyes."

From IAWrestle Article: " In speaking with Lugo, IAwrestle was informed that he was not granted a release from Edinboro, but he intends to continue to pursue a release."

Confusing.

this is a good move for lugo, edinboro does a great job, but i think his ceiling has just been raised a bit.

<<“The coaching staff is a big thing,” Lugo said last month. “With them adding Mark Perry, he’s a big reason why I’m leaning toward Iowa. >> Lugo quote from Andy Hamilton story.

This is why a strong,top notch club is important. We are seeing immediate dividends!

<<“The coaching staff is a big thing,” Lugo said last month. “With them adding Mark Perry, he’s a big reason why I’m leaning toward Iowa. >> Lugo quote from Andy Hamilton story.

This is why a strong,top notch club is important. We are seeing immediate dividends!

And since it's the 4th of July... just rest assured that there is another *young* absolute hammering hammer (waiting in the wings) that's excited about the Perry hire. Divendends to say the least. The future is bright, ladies and gents.

For those who can't see schools denying an athlete a release, I suspect you had no problem with Teasdale backing out on his verbal commitment even after Iowa lost Renteria and Meija because of that commitment. Am I correct to assume Teasdale got a pass from you guys?

For those who can't see schools denying an athlete a release, I suspect you had no problem with Teasdale backing out on his verbal commitment even after Iowa lost Renteria and Meija because of that commitment. Am I correct to assume Teasdale got a pass from you guys?

Yes...he actually did. Very little commotion on here at Teasdale. But hey, nice try.

Or, if you want a more relevant example, look no further than NCAA Champion Steve Mocco transferring to Okie State.

Last edited:
People may not like it, but nothing against it. And definitely not apples to apples comparison.

Yes...he actually did. Very little commotion on here at Teasdale. But hey, nice try.
Not to mention the false equivalency.

1. We are not an NCAA institution
2. Teasdale didn't need a release
3. People being upset is not the same as not granting a release.

The situations are not even close to the same, or really even comparable. Edinboro is allowed to be pissed, but should grant the release anyway. Don't troll harder, troll smarter, idiot.

We didn't want him to decommit but if he didn't want to be here, then why do we want to force him to be here? I'm happy to have a great wrestler from FL here.

I don't get why they won't give him a full release but oh well

I think the release should be outlawed, and the indentured servitude of the athletes needs to go away. The system in place is a disgrace.

That said, here would be the reason that a school wouldn't grant a release. How much time and money did Edinburo spend on Lugo. Probably a pretty good out of state scholarship, and he was obviously getting significant individual level coaching/attention from the staff.

Schools treat these athletes similar to professional athletes who are under a contract (like an asset).

People may not like it, but nothing against it. And definitely not apples to apples comparison.
I think it's a fair comparison. Just as Iowa lost two very good recruits with a kid making a verbal commitment to them, Edinboro could have very well passed on or was turned down by recruits because they had Lugo in the fold.

Confusing.

Not too confusing, when you look at the two media outlets. One names a source, the other, well . . .

Anyway, congrats on the pick-up. Just one more "Pat" to go. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT