ADVERTISEMENT

"Luka Garza is clearly your Nat'l POY." Wooden Award, Naismith & Lute Olson Nat'l POY Finalist

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
March 2nd Update:

This is awesome.

Watch:

ORIGINAL POST (December 4th):

Mar 24: AP Player of Year (betw 10 am & noon)
Mar 25: The USBWA 1 p.m. CT: Oscar Robertson Trophy, will go to the national player of the year,

Apr 03: Naismith winner announced, 11 am CT on CBS Sports HQ
Apr 07: The winner of the 2020 Wooden Award will be presented during the ESPN broadcast at 4 pm CT.
hHWbVV4w

Last edited:
If the rest of the year goes as it has so far for LG, when do we start sweating about him coming back next year?

Tonight, Garza scored a career high
44 points in the game at Michigan.
He looked like he wanted the ball and
knew what to do with it. Luka had
some nifty under the bucket moves
which were unstoppable.

He graduates this year which scares me. Any team in America would want this kid. Thrilled he’s a Hawk.

Needs to rebound and play better defense than he did tonight. But that was the best offensive performance that I can remember seeing from an Iowa center.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
This is what I was really hoping for Garza this season. Saw flashes last year, and I do think the absence of Cook frees him up - game flows to him better - not to sound negative at all against Cook.

Reactions: Sheahawk
I’d be very surprised if Garza left early. He’s a 2nd rounder at best. Enjoy college.

Agreed. It’s kind of like Happ. Garza is a fantastic offensive player in college and I can only hope he continues to perform like he has for the next year and a half but I don’t think it will translate to the NBA and I doubt he is ever projected to be a first round pick.

Probably the kids who are going to college to play basketball and try to out earn us all in 3 years. Oh, and they get to play a sport for a living.

I don't like the NBA either but that's a pretty ignorant comment.

It's not always about making money and playing games but that's another story.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
ADVERTISEMENT