Haarms

Out of eligbility
Watkins
Teske

Still possibly declaring
Tillman
Wesson

Maybe they are all leaving because they don't want a Luka beat down again

Tillman has already declared. I have seen a few mocks with him as a late first round pick.

Wesson has declared as well and it doesnt sound like he will be back in Columbus.

And he shouldn’t have much competition for the KAJ again with many of the top posts leaving like Azubuike from Kansas, Carey from Duke, Toppin, Wiseman from Memphis, and Smith from Maryland

If Luka can extend his range and up his 3pt shooting percentage up, along with boosting his free throw percentage (which he can definitely do), he will be much more marketable for making the NBA.

But even if Luka does not make the NBA next year, he will make millions overseas. Count on it.

If Luka can extend his range and up his 3pt shooting percentage up, along with boosting his free throw percentage (which he can definitely do), he will be much more marketable for making the NBA.

But even if Luka does not make the NBA next year, he will make millions overseas. Count on it.
Extend his range to what half court?

You could argue that going against true centers during conference play helped. It kept him in his comfort zone, one on one on the block where none of the bigs could really outmatch him.

Most B1G teams like their traditional bigs, so that won't change too much next year anyway. Never know though.

Reactions: 2432Hawk
I’ll be interested to see how his numbers are impacted with Jordan and Nunge coming back too. I could see Luka’s scoring take a dip - though would expect efficiency numbers to improve
It's going to be interesting, for sure. This year it was easier to double Garza and let CMac, JoeT or BE basically roam free. Even Kriener got lots of open 3's.

Next year, you can put JBO, CJ, JW & Nunge on the floor with him. If Nunge gets that shooting touch from high school, the Hawks spread the floor and it's impossible to double Garza.

If Iowa can shoot 40%+ from 3 with next year's team, opponents might make Garza 2 pt them to death - so it's possible his numbers could actually get better! :)

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Michigan in Ann Arbor was the only game I can remember where they let Luka get his. Worked for them on that day in a shootout. That certainly will not be the game plan for Luka next year.
It was no mistake that Purdue gave us fits last year. The game in Carver was the blueprint in how to defend Iowa. Granted, their double teams and rotations were clinical and extremely effective. Not sure how many teams can pull that off. Kudos to Painter and their team for executing.
Getting an elite shooter in JBo back will certainly help. Luka handles doubles very well for a big and is able to process where to go with it. With that guy in the post, you can never have enough shooters.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT