ADVERTISEMENT

Luther Tournament entries

No higher than 1st, no lower than 5th. Care to make a friendly bet or nah?
I’ll take him outside the top 3. 5th is a little low for a guy that is clearly better than Desanto when 133 is much weaker than last year.

I’ll take him outside the top 3. 5th is a little low for a guy that is clearly better than Desanto when 133 is much weaker than last year.

Hahaha!!! That’s cute, but I’ll play... What’s the stakes??

Not yet. Thinking about the Omaha date... you?

STL, KC, and Madison. We’ll probably be halfway through Ronin in STL as Gavin is getting his hand raised. ; )

And you better get on it.... Tix are going fast. Wouldn’t shock me if all dates are sold out.

Reactions: crablegs1
I did. What I meant with my post was that I could imagine if Teasdale was beating ADS more often than ADS was beating Teasdale. What I can't imagine I Teasdale dominating ADS in a very one sided manner which is what the phrase "whips" implies.

If that is the case, then Teasdale is a title contender at 133. As others have said, no one whipped ADS last year and it's tough to imagine a freshman doing it.

I should add more clarity to that term and results. What I was told is Teasdale consistently beats DeSanto and at times, it isn’t all that close. The coach said DeSanto obviously has a non-stop motor but Teasdale is such a skilled technical wrestler that he is a bad match up for DeSanto, similar to some of the folks DeSanto struggles against (offensively) who are in the top 3-4 in country. Take it for what it’s worth. I think really good wrestlers who have the complete package can really corral DeSanto offensively. Can’t stop that motor though.

As it relates to Teasdale and his potential, all we’ve seen is a one point win over a back up. That back up has proven to be very good at keeping matches close. Long story short, was told not to look too much into that wrestle off score. Staff thinks Teasdale is a contender.

First time I've seen anyone consider Fix a physical grinder. One of the most dynamic slicksters in the game.
No doubt, he has some slick attacks, but he wins big matches with handfighting, positioning, and pace. The only 2 guys he didn't bully around the mat last year were Desanto and Suriano. He doesn't score a ton of points, and he uses his physicality and snaps to open up his slick stuff later in the match.

What's the objective of wrestling him Sunday? About the same competition level at Luther opening. Who cares as long as the starters are healthy and competing.
You should double check before you post. Wilcke has the toughest match of the day Sunday against #17 Waddell who has nice early wins over Braunagel and Wisman already this year.

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT