ADVERTISEMENT

Maher’s New Rules on Cancel Culture

Woke culture is destroying America, not the prison industrial complex, war on drugs, poverty, income inequality, growing healthcare costs, racism, or climate change. Politically incorrect comedians and commentators like Maher and celebrities like Harrison are the real victims.

Woke culture to Democrats is like Donald Trump to Republicans. Some of your people in eaxh party fully embraced it and the sane people in that same party ignored the problem and let it fester. Now, to their detriment, each party owns them.

Just like the cons hitched their wagon to the Tea Party and now Q. The next fad will be along shortly.

Woke culture is destroying America, not the prison industrial complex, war on drugs, poverty, income inequality, growing healthcare costs, racism, or climate change. Politically incorrect comedians and commentators like Maher and celebrities like Harrison are the real victims.
Yeah, but what about ...

Woke culture to Democrats is like Donald Trump to Republicans. Some of the people in each party fully embraced it and the sane people in that same party ignored the problem and let it fester. Now, to their detriment, each party owns them.
This. Good post

Reactions: SotaHawk87

What exactly did you see in that video led you to the conclusion that Maher feels like a victim?

I like when people here pretend that a person pointing out crazy people acting like victims of shit that is meaningless, like an OK sign, is himself claiming victimhood. The only “victims” are the ones who lose their jobs because liberals invent a pile of dumb shit every day to be offended by and believe they’ve been appointed to police it.

It’s so obviously mirroring the behaviors of the far right family values people who get caught having gaysex in rest areas. Scream loudly and divert attention away from the skeletons in my closet.

I’m still wondering how Joy Reid has survived all of this knowing her anti-gay history. Not really.

Maher nailed this. Cancel culture is awful and dumb. But there is a distinction between cancel culture and there being repercussions for your actions. For instance, Morgan Wallen getting dropped from his label and barred from streaming platforms for screaming the N Word in public is not “cancel culture.”

At least some Republicans seem to have taken this and run with it, and are trying to turn it into “I should be able say and do anything that I want without repercussions.”

No it's not. "Woke culture" seeks to see people treated with dignity and respect. Trump appeals to those who can't fathom why they'd have to treat people with respect. "Woke" people didn't dream up "f*ck your feelings."

That would be great if these Woke people knew who the fvck they were targeting with their dumb fvcking careless assaults on people. People who have no idea that shit they’ve been doing their whole lives is now taboo to these precious little darlings who decided last week that a word or action is evil and all of those who partake in it need to be fired. You know...like the Hispanic driver they got fired because he had his hand out the window showing an OK sign. That’s “wokeness” too. A big part of it. Tell me where the dignity is in any of that?

You can use nuance and parse the shit to see there’s a huge part of it that goes way too far. And just like with PETA, who have good intentions, they do a lot of damage to their own cause by removing all rationale.

I like when people here pretend that a person pointing out crazy people acting like victims of shit that is meaningless, like an OK sign, is himself claiming victimhood. The only “victims” are the ones who lose their jobs because liberals invent a pile of dumb shit every day to be offended by and believe they’ve been appointed to police it.

It’s so obviously mirroring the behaviors of the far right family values people who get caught having gaysex in rest areas. Scream loudly and divert attention away from the skeletons in my closet.

I’m still wondering how Joy Reid has survived all of this knowing her anti-gay history. Not really.
This is the first I have heard about Joy Reid. I looked it up and read a bit. People can't evolve in a good way or for the better? She apologized multiple times. I mean, maybe people like Kayleigh McEnany could someday too.

This is the first I have heard about Joy Reid. I looked it up and read a bit. People can't evolve in a good way or for the better? She apologized multiple times. I mean, maybe people like Kayleigh McEnany could someday too.

I agree with this. Like I said, there are plenty of people with that type of posting history that don’t survive the woke mob.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Sooo, humans are the problem. Pretty sure we already knew that.

That would be great if these Woke people knew who the fvck they were targeting with their dumb fvcking careless assaults on people. People who have no idea that shit they’ve been doing their whole lives is now taboo to these precious little darlings who decided last week that a word or action is evil and all of those who partake in it need to be fired. You know...like the Hispanic driver they got fired because he had his hand out the window showing an OK sign. That’s “wokeness” too. A big part of it. Tell me where the dignity is in any of that?

You can use nuance and parse the shit to see there’s a huge part of it that goes way too far. And just like with PETA, who have good intentions, they do a lot of damage to their own cause by removing all rationale.

You realize you are speaking to a card carrying member of the woke mob here. Flick is the poster who runs to Tom Kakert to have other posters banned for saying something he doesn’t like. He is HROTs active example of cancel culture.

Nails it. Also nails the part that R's trying to appropriate the term for legit idiocy is watering it down and it's a shame. Cancel culture is real and it needs to top, but it won't. Too many idiots out there.
And too many people who just take the easy road and don’t stand up to it

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
No it's not. "Woke culture" ultimately seeks to see people treated with dignity and respect. Trump appeals to those who can't fathom why they'd have to treat people with respect. "Woke" people didn't dream up "f*ck your feelings."
Many years ago you argued Iowa should get rid of pink visitor locker rooms when the crazy lady was on a crusade against them.

That is problem wokeness.

No it's not. "Woke culture" ultimately seeks to see people treated with dignity and respect. Trump appeals to those who can't fathom why they'd have to treat people with respect. "Woke" people didn't dream up "f*ck your feelings."
So vegans aren’t treated with dignity and respect when an egg is pictured in a salad? Trans people aren’t treated with dignity and respect when Potato head has a Mr. in front of his name? Not to mention the double standard that has occurred with the mentioning of “nazi” in this country..

This is woke culture in a nutshell. Thanks to social media, these morons have a voice. There’s no way sane people can see this stage and come to that conclusion.

Either these people are getting paid to stir the shit pot or mental illness is a larger problem in this country than originally thought.

Where’s the outrage over China’s genocide? Apparently CPAC is a more politically feasible target

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Many years ago you argued Iowa should get rid of pink visitor locker rooms when the crazy lady was on a crusade against them.

That is problem wokeness.

“Problem wokeness?” Michael Sam had just been named the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC and was a consensus All American. We were about to go 7-6. KF examined most aspects of the program and made numerous changes and we won 12 straight in 2015. If only he’d have taken that opportunity to examine the “cultural blind spots” that he himself talked about last summer, maybe Ricky Parks would still be on his way to Iowa City and Iowa football wouldn’t have been synonymous with racism last summer. There’s never a “problem” with looking at how better to accommodate people.

Last edited:
Woke/Liberal/Cancel Culture will ultimately create an even stronger, more damaging version of Trumpism. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Of course, we may need to ignore that because Isaac Newton was probably a misogynist and his family Coat of Arms looked eerily similar to the SS Totenkopf symbol!

“There’s never a “problem” with looking at how better to accommodate people.

Who said there is? Dude...that’s not what this bullshit woke cancel culture is about. Abraham did the ultimate thing to accommodate people. He freed slaves at the expense of a nation. And wokeness has declared him a piece of shit. Congrats.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Who said there is? Dude...that’s not what this bullshit woke cancel culture is about. Abraham did the ultimate thing to accommodate people. He freed slaves at the expense of a nation. And wokeness has declared him a piece of shit. Congrats.
I bet you 99% of people who consider themselves “woke” don’t think that at all. I try my best to be and I think it’s straight up silly.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
If only he’d have taken that opportunity to examine the “cultural blind spots” that he himself talked about last summer, maybe Ricky Parks would still be on his way to Iowa City
Because when diversity and an inclusive environment is your #1 priority in your college selection, you go to Utah.

OK. That is funny.
170px-ENG_COA_Newton.svg.png

Because when diversity and an inclusive environment is your #1 priority in your college selection, you go to Utah.
And yet he saw that as a better option than Iowa. But we showed those feminazis we weren’t going to do any self reflecting in 2014.

Less of a chance of a “phone call that changed everything” when former players aren’t coming out of the woodwork saying the program is backwards and intolerant.

You guys can say “problem wokeness.” I say missed opportunity to get better.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Should I be alarmed that I have an unblemished record of agreeing with Maher for about a year now?

“...vowing to return sexy back to where he found it” made me laugh out loud.
My favorite was the last line - "When what you're doing sounds like an Onion headline...stop."

That works.

Reactions: hawkcub and TJ8869
This is woke culture in a nutshell. Thanks to social media, these morons have a voice. There’s no way sane people can see this stage and come to that conclusion.

Either these people are getting paid to stir the shit pot or mental illness is a larger problem in this country than originally thought.

Where’s the outrage over China’s genocide? Apparently CPAC is a more politically feasible target

It’s Alyssa Milano, so...both.

ADVERTISEMENT