ADVERTISEMENT

Maishe Dailey Transferring

That’s great for him, but why does it feel like this is his 8th year of playing?

And ... :)

200.gif

Reactions: PhoenixHawk5.0
Bohannon says hold my NCAA approved beverage.
If Nunge takes advantage of this year not counting for eligibility, he’ll put everyone else to shame.
1 redshirt year
1 medical redshirt year
1 extra COVID year
4 playing years

We’ve talked about it in other threads. He’s studying accounting. He could have his CPA and an MBA by the time he uses up his eligibility if he was taking classes at a normal rate.

Wasn’t the comment Dolph made something like IOWA needing more players like the Pitt freshmen? Then he said, “we” have Dailey dribbling into a double team with his head down. I guess Iowa was lucky to beat several teams this season who had better talent.

Dolph was right and captured Fan's frustrations with a pretty poor recruiting sequence from Fran that included Dom Uhl, Ellingson, Flemming, Dailey, Christian Williams, Hutton, Wagner, Moss.

As example, Marcus Carr transferred from Pitt and is tearing it up in B1G. Dailey Transferred from B1G and is getting PT but far from tearing it up at Akron. Dailey very well might be a great kid, but he should be using his scholarship time to get his degree and prep himself for life after basketball.

Dolph was right and captured Fan's frustrations with a pretty poor recruiting sequence from Fran that included Dom Uhl, Ellingson, Flemming, Dailey, Christian Williams, Hutton, Wagner, Moss.

As example, Marcus Carr transferred from Pitt and is tearing it up in B1G. Dailey Transferred from B1G and is getting PT but far from tearing it up at Akron. Dailey very well might be a great kid, but he should be using his scholarship time to get his degree and prep himself for life after basketball.

Like I said two years ago and I’ll say it today. Iowa was lucky to beat Pitt and better teams with lesser talent. I hope Iowa continues to be the luckiest team in America to keep winning with lesser players.

Carr didn’t play in the Iowa Pitt game and he wasn’t even on that team. Carr was already committed to Minnesota by this time. He’s about as relevant to this as Dolph is coherent in his broadcasts.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo

Here I thought many would be extremely embarrassed to see this thread surface after so long. I guess I underestimated the fan base. That’s on me.

You’re comparing three starting guards to Iowa’s last guy off the bench who saw regular minutes. Not exactly a fair comparison. Who would you rather have?

Trey McGowens (starts for Neb now)
Xavier Johnson
Au’Diese Toney

Or

Jordan Bohannon
Connor McCaffery
CJ Fredrick (who was RS that year)

I don’t think it’s even close. I don’t think Pitt is terrible, but Iowa would destroy them. They won at NW by a point.

Speaking of transfers. That Pitt team from 2018-2019 had three starters transfer out. One starts for Nebraska as mentioned. One is putting up average numbers at Pepperdine. Another transferred to the powerhouse known as Hartford. I wouldn’t trade any Iowa players for theirs and Dolph is still an idiot. Love him as a Hawk fan, but I’m not getting my hot takes from him anytime soon.

So you’ve listed Fran’s “misses” in recruiting and used Carr vs Dailey as an example. Why don’t you compare Garza to Terrell Brown for instance? Or even Carr vs Bohannon or Toussaint?

Reactions: iahawks10
So you’ve listed Fran’s “misses” in recruiting and used Carr vs Dailey as an example. Why don’t you compare Garza to Terrell Brown for instance? Or even Carr vs Bohannon or Toussaint?

Well to be fair, he listed Isaiah Moss as a miss, so take what he has to post with a giant grain of salt. Moss only spot started and played significant minutes for the #1 team in the country. I’m guessing Bill Self doesn’t share his opinion of poor recruiting. You can’t make this up.

Like I said two years ago and I’ll say it today. Iowa was lucky to beat Pitt and better teams with lesser talent. I hope Iowa continues to be the luckiest team in America to keep winning with lesser players.

You think Iowa has lesser players this year? And that this year's team is no better than the team from 2 years ago that had Dailey, Wagner, Moss, etc.? I think you need to have your eyes checked.

You think Iowa has lesser players this year? And that this year's team is no better than the team from 2 years ago that had Dailey, Wagner, Moss, etc.? I think you need to have your eyes checked.

Im guessing you completely missed the sarcasm. Where did I suggest that the 2018-2019 team was better than this years team? I missed that.

Reactions: Eternal Return
If Nunge takes advantage of this year not counting for eligibility, he’ll put everyone else to shame.
1 redshirt year
1 medical redshirt year
1 extra COVID year
4 playing years

We’ve talked about it in other threads. He’s studying accounting. He could have his CPA and an MBA by the time he uses up his eligibility if he was taking classes at a normal rate.
CPA is not a degree, but well played

Ex-Hawkeye Dailey clutch for Akron

AKRON, Ohio — Former Hawkeye Maishe Dailey hit the game-winning 3-point shot with 2.9 seconds left to lead the Akron Zips past the MACleading Toledo Rockets, 95-94, in overtime Sunday at James A. Rhodes Arena.

Dailey was at Iowa for three seasons before transferring and sitting out last season. He had 14 points, five rebounds and three assists and zero turnovers Sunday. He went to high school at Beachwood, Ohio, about 30 miles north of Akron.

Wasn’t Hutton decently highly rated coming out of HS?

Wasn’t Hutton decently highly rated coming out of HS?
I think he got a bump after committing but was pretty universally a low-mid range 3 star. Bo Ryan at Wisconsin and West Virginia both offered as well, so Fran’s evaluation apparently wasn’t the only one that was off

Reactions: hawk224
CPA is not a degree, but well played
Did I say anywhere in my post that the CPA was a degree? I don't get your point.

If he gets his BBA in 4 years, he can take another year of credits to get to the 150 hours for the CPA exam, and then still have 2 years left to go after an MBA.

Ex-Hawkeye Dailey clutch for Akron

AKRON, Ohio — Former Hawkeye Maishe Dailey hit the game-winning 3-point shot with 2.9 seconds left to lead the Akron Zips past the MACleading Toledo Rockets, 95-94, in overtime Sunday at James A. Rhodes Arena.

Dailey was at Iowa for three seasons before transferring and sitting out last season. He had 14 points, five rebounds and three assists and zero turnovers Sunday. He went to high school at Beachwood, Ohio, about 30 miles north of Akron.
14,5, and 3. Not bad! WTG Maishe.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT