ADVERTISEMENT

Major Explosion in Nashville

2894951f616168270577eb1b94522838.gif

Witnesses say someone in a RV was draining their chemical toilet in a storm sewer again
Likely Mizzou fans gettin early spots for tailgate.

Yes, shut it all down over the entire country due to one incident that no one has a clue as to what happened and why. Hurry back to your basement or your mother’s bosom. And no, there was no block destroyed. Stop making up lies
The Music City Bowl venue is literally one block and across the river. This isn't the whole country guy, it's Nashville. It's just a bad look to play on, especially if the perpetrator(s) are at large. And yes the whole block was destroyed. Entire businesses are fully damaged or have extensive damage at a minimum. I want Iowa to play only if the Nashville community feels safe. You and I don't speak for them, tough guy.

Minneapolis had $1.5 B in damage not including personal injuries far exceeding Nashville. Should the Hawks be there and play tonight?
The riots occurred many months before Minnesota ever stepped on the field and they were not overt terrorist acts on Christmas. That's not remotely the same. I want Iowa to play if everyone's safety can be guaranteed and if it seems appropriate in the days that follow. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: BBHawk and littlez
Whoever did this wants this type of reaction. You play to show them you can't stop this country from functioning.
I have no insight into this attack, but I can fully, certainly, and surely guarantee you that he or they give no care about Iowa or Missouri and a fairly insignificant bowl game. It's not about showing the terrorists we won't waver ('Murica!). It's about what seems appropriate to the Nashville community in the days moving forward, and every random person on this forum including myself doesn't speak for them. I want Iowa to play if it's the right move for the community there.

I have no insight into this attack, but I can fully, certainly, and surely guarantee you that he or they give no care about Iowa or Missouri and a fairly insignificant bowl game. It's not about showing the terrorists we won't waver ('Murica!). It's about what seems appropriate to the Nashville community in the days moving forward, and every random person on this forum including myself doesn't speak for them. I want Iowa to play if it's the right move for the community there.

Play the game

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
Since there were no fatalities, and in fact it appears some heroism on the part of the police office who deemed the RV as suspicious, I don't think it's inappropriate to play. If they feel like they need to move the venue, I'd understand that. But I wouldn't advocate canceling, unless there were specific security concerns

The Music City Bowl venue is literally one block and across the river. This isn't the whole country guy, it's Nashville. It's just a bad look to play on, especially if the perpetrator(s) are at large. And yes the whole block was destroyed. Entire businesses are fully damaged or have extensive damage at a minimum. I want Iowa to play only if the Nashville community feels safe. You and I don't speak for them, tough guy.

Damaged yes, destroyed no. Drama much?

It could have been Gary Pinkel. He hates it when Missouri has to face Iowa.

Since there were no fatalities, and in fact it appears some heroism on the part of the police office who deemed the RV as suspicious, I don't think it's inappropriate to play. If they feel like they need to move the venue, I'd understand that. But I wouldn't advocate canceling, unless there were specific security concerns
The RV was playing audio saying get away and it’s going to blow up.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
With all the security cameras in the area, can't they see who parked the rv and eventually got out of it?

Reactions: yrunvs
The RV was playing audio saying get away and it’s going to blow up.
Yeah, I heard that after I posted, so maybe not too hard a decision to evacuate. Still, mainly just property damage, so I don’t see playing that game as being overly untowards. Am very curious as to the motivation of the bomber! Very strange stuff all around.

Good. I want to be on the opposite of that clown on most issues. He showed his terrible leadership abilities this fall. He should be fired

Yes, he and Barta should both be fired. They sold their souls to get OSU into the playoff, and left NW, Indiana and Iowa holding bags of dog crap.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G
It would seem to be the recorded message indicates the primary motive wasn't mass casualties.

It just makes me sad that our world has sunken to incidents like this. I fear for the world that my grandkids will be growing up in.

Regarding the football game... I agree that security will not be an issue.

Reactions: Hawks2424
Clearly this should have no impact on the bowl game. But there apparently was a fatality. Fragments of human tissue have been found at the detonation site. Hopefully it is from the bomber or bombers.

The timing and the fact that there was a loudspeaker warning people to evacuate indicate that the target was first responders.

I guess I don’t see the rationale for why the game must be played in Nashville. Somebody created the bomb that blew up the RV and as far as we know, that somebody is still a mystery

Don’t cancel the game, just move it. If you don’t move it, it’s irresponsible to play it with fans in the stands

I guess I don’t see the rationale for why the game must be played in Nashville. Somebody created the bomb that blew up the RV and as far as we know, that somebody is still a mystery

Don’t cancel the game, just move it. If you don’t move it, it’s irresponsible to play it with fans in the stands

How? Nashville will be very safe by the 30th. I was on the ground in Vegas the day after their attack and I'd never seen security so beefed up.

Not at all irresponsible to play a bowl with fans 5 days after a lunatic commits a horrible act. If it were, lunatics everywhere would be motivated to behave badly. The person or people involved will probably be in custody before the bowl anyway.

Not at all irresponsible to play a bowl with fans 5 days after a lunatic commits a horrible act. If it were, lunatics everywhere would be motivated to behave badly. The person or people involved will probably be in custody before the bowl anyway.

There’s nothing probable one way or the other about whether somebody will be in custody or whatever other stupid decisions that person made. The only reason to play it in Nashville would be out of pure stubbornness but as we are seeing across the country right now, stubbornness is not in short supply

It’s a glorified scrimmage that’s not even a reward for the players since they’re not getting a vacation out of it. The decision to move the game should be an easy one.

ADVERTISEMENT