ADVERTISEMENT

Major offensive player considering a transfer

IMCC965

HR Legend
Gold Member
May 12, 2009
North Liberty
Inside info, again, but I'll hold off until I find out more. Sorry it's a tease, but I don't want to compromise my sources.

Let the put-downs begin.

tenor.gif

Players shouldn't transfer, the other conferences aren't going to be playing this fall or if they do maybe one or two games, then everyone has covid, then everyone is quarantined for 2 weeks and there go the next two games. Rinse, repeat. This season is gone, just deal with it. The pandemic isn't under control yet.

I don't understand the thought of transferring now. You have an insanely small period of time to learn the playbook. Why bother?

Agreed...most scholly’s spoken for as well. Lots of risk transferring a couple weeks before schools starts.

Reactions: Torg
If you were a senior with NFL aspirations, why wouldn't you consider a transfer? You would at least have a chance to showcase your skills to NFL scouts. With the BIG there isn't even any assurance that they'll have a Spring season.

Inside info, again, but I'll hold off until I find out more. Sorry it's a tease, but I don't want to compromise my sources.

Let the put-downs begin.

This is bizarre logic. You can't point to a player or compromise your source?

We wouldn't know your source.

Is the source the parent?

I don't get the throwing out a rumor but can't provide details.

Players shouldn't transfer, the other conferences aren't going to be playing this fall or if they do maybe one or two games, then everyone has covid, then everyone is quarantined for 2 weeks and there go the next two games. Rinse, repeat. This season is gone, just deal with it. The pandemic isn't under control yet.
Probably won't happen.

I expect it from ISM, Jackson, Mehki and Smith. Who wants to hope to play in January if they get a shot this fall? They then have the spring to workout and prepare for the combine.

These guys aren't going to lose a yr of eligibility if there is no season, are they? Why not just stay, work out, play next year and enter draft in 2022? If they are on track to graduate they could finish school with a year to concentrate on just football.

These guys aren't going to lose a yr of eligibility if there is no season, are they? Why not just stay, work out, play next year and enter draft in 2022? If they are on track to graduate they could finish school with a year to concentrate on just football.

It's a lot to ask a player to dedicate another year to school and practice when ISM and Jackson could have been drafted this year.

We may have even seen the last of Linderbaum in an Iowa jersey.

It's a lot to ask a player to dedicate another year to school and practice when ISM and Jackson could have been drafted this year.

We may have even seen the last of Linderbaum in an Iowa jersey.

I certainly think we'll see more departures than usual but I think there would be a benefit to getting another year of film for the draft, maybe not. I suppose it'll just depend from guy to guy.

If you were a senior with NFL aspirations, why wouldn't you consider a transfer? You would at least have a chance to showcase your skills to NFL scouts. With the BIG there isn't even any assurance that they'll have a Spring season.
Would be nice to see the NCAA come out and say they will give one more year. If not I think everyone in their final year should move on

Im guessing you drive around with your face mask wrapped around your mirror and sleep with a teddy bear at night..but hey what ever makes you feel safe....

Wouldn't they still have to wait on the NCAA to approve being able to play immediately?

what would be the best case scenario for a transfer this year? 2-3 games before whatever remaining conference they land in shuts it all down?

Transfers were discussed on ESPNU radio this morning. Someone pointed out that you can only bring in 25 players a year and that most teams have already hit their max.

Many of us expected this to happen after we heard Bateman leaving the Gophers.

Just disappointing, but I can understand kids doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT