ADVERTISEMENT

Major props are in order...

HawkOptimist

HB Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
To coach Ferentz for making an uncharacteristic change at QB in the offseason by replacing a serviceable veteran game manager with a true leader who's not afraid to fail and gets the job done. CJ will make his share of mistakes I'm sure, but yesterday proved that the right decision was made.

To coach Ferentz and the rest of the staff for taking chances. The fake FG yesterday, while highly questionable, almost worked. Things don't seem as vanilla as they used to. Call it desperation to win, save jobs or whatever, but this year's play calling just seems different ... in a much better way.

To the U of I athletics and marketing departments for opening their minds to change. From facilities upgrades to pre-game concerts to better music selections during the game to going with alternate uniforms for the blackout game, it's nice to see that our higher ups have woken up and taken on a "same old same old just isn't cutting it" mindset.

To the chemistry and team unity this team seems to have. The guys waiting until everyone was grouped together, hand in hand before WALKING over to get the Cy-Hawk trophy? Wow. And all the talk and chatter from guys like Tom, Blair and the rest of the Iowa media about how this year's team seems more unified than in recent years? From spring and fall practice through the first two games, it's evident.

Maybe it's because I'm still on an emotional high from yesterday's rollercoaster ride ... hell, this week's rollercoaster ride with the passing of Tyler and Roy ... but I am starting to believe this year could be a special year. Not going to get crazy and say national title, because I truly don't feel we're THAT good. But who knows, maybe we get back to 10 wins. I'd even go for 8-9. Anything can happen.

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News