ADVERTISEMENT

MAJOR props to CNN and the Moderators last night!

TornadoHawk93

HB MVP
Jul 21, 2022
I know how bad the candidates were, but my family and I thought the way CNN and the Moderators set up and handled the debate was GREAT! I never felt there was a bias towards either. They kept it moving, ect. Now we may have missed something...but it was not glaring. This is how EVERY debate should be set up. Agree or Disagree?

"major" props is a lot for acknowledging they simply did their job, unless it was a major undertaking to not be biased

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I thought they did well. I wish the format would have really pressed the candidates to answer questions and not just give the campaign answer but it ran pretty well.
It would be nice if they did force them to actually answer some of the questions.
I know a big one I would have liked to hear an answer to was when they asked both candidates a couple of times what they plan to do with increasing child care costs. I don’t think either of them gave any sort of answer to the question.

They allowed the usual Trump firehose of lies to go unchecked. Pretty much how I figured the debate would go. Joe has a stumble, and the media/talking heads/incels of HORT ignore the rambling lies of the narcissistic sociopath felon.

They allowed the usual Trump firehose of lies to go unchecked. Pretty much how I figured the debate would go. Joe has a stumble, and the media/talking heads/incels of HORT ignore the rambling lies of the narcissistic sociopath felon.

I think it is more people had hopes for a better showing from Biden. Trump delivered exactly as expected. So not much to point to other than, "he is who we thought he was!" Other than looking for the counter of lies.

An opinion by the opposition, an opinion which you don't really care for... Well that doesn't make it a lie.

The lies on both sides were identified, categorized, and advertised by the media,.. not sure what more you could expect...

They did their jobs. It’s not their jobs to “check” either candidate during the debate. It’s up to the other candidate and Joe couldn’t do it.

I thought they did a fantastic job. Wish those 2 did all presidential debates.

Last edited:
I know how bad the candidates were, but my family and I thought the way CNN and the Moderators set up and handled the debate was GREAT! I never felt there was a bias towards either. They kept it moving, ect. Now we may have missed something...but it was not glaring. This is how EVERY debate should be set up. Agree or Disagree?
Agree, they did well. It was the most watchable debate there's been in a long time.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
The negotiated rules between CNN and the campaigns specifically said that the moderators were not allowed to do any real-time fact checking.

Heard on NPR today.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
Moderators did well and no problem with cutting mics when time allotted is over. Trump abused this aspect in previous debates and it shouldn’t be allowed. Glad it wasn’t last night.
I thought the restrictive format actually helped Trump as it made him more measured and allowed Biden to talk himself into more mumbo, jumbo. I thought one of the best lines of the debate is when Trump said something to the effect of…I’m not sure what Biden just said and I’m not sure he knows either. 😉

It would be nice if they did force them to actually answer some of the questions.
I know a big one I would have liked to hear an answer to was when they asked both candidates a couple of times what they plan to do with increasing child care costs. I don’t think either of them gave any sort of answer to the question.
Just curious…what would be your plan(s) about increasing child care costs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT