ADVERTISEMENT

Major visitors for Iowa's April 20th Spring game on Friday.

Harbinger273

HR Heisman
Feb 17, 2016
This Friday Iowa will hold its annual Spring Game at 7pm. I know we have one top priority visitor coming in for a visit. He has recently announced via Twitter that a Top 6 will be forthcoming and of course Iowa is expected in that Top 6 if not the overall favorite for Jirehl Brock. I am certain that there will be other top visitors at the Friday scrimmage. Right now we are looking at 55 and mostly sunny for Friday. Hopefully, that holds and the atmosphere is great for our Team and the recruits we bring in.

I see we had a visitor over the weekend in another prospect out of Georgia, BJ Gibson. Doesn't hold any big time offers, but could be a future Athletic TE for us like Noah Fant.

Last edited:
This Friday Iowa will hold its annual Spring Game at 7pm. I know we have one top priority visitor coming in for a visit. He has recently announced via Twitter that a Top 6 will be forthcoming and of course Iowa is expected in that Top 6 if not the overall favorite for Jirehl Brock. I am certain that there will be other top visitors at the Friday scrimmage. Right now we are looking at 55 and mostly sunny for Friday. Hopefully, that holds and the atmosphere is great for our Team and the recruits we bring in.

I see we had a visitor over the weekend in another prospect out of Georgia, BJ Gibson. Doesn't hold any big time offers, but could be a future Athletic TE for us like Noah Fant.
I thought that I read somewhere that Gibson's primary high school position was more at DB. I don't know much about the quality of his hands. At least preliminarily, I would project him more at OLB.

Reactions: Harbinger273
The bigger the better if you ask me. As long as he cover, can hit, can react, I am all for tall LB ‘s.

I agree, a long and lean outside LB with the speed in space and a couple of meatwagons in the middle to provide the pop sounds very workable. (Especially a 6 guy fast enough to play DB) "we" happened to land a highly rated OLB earlier and immediately people wanted to transition him into a DE. I'll take talent in all places I dont care if they are prototypical or not.

I agree, a long and lean outside LB with the speed in space and a couple of meatwagons in the middle to provide the pop sounds very workable. (Especially a 6 guy fast enough to play DB) "we" happened to land a highly rated OLB earlier and immediately people wanted to transition him into a DE. I'll take talent in all places I dont care if they are prototypical or not.
Greenway was a "tall" DB who transitioned brilliantly to LB. Nielsen was a "tall" and fast LB, not unlike Campbell, who was pretty solid for us at LB (would have had an even better career for us had it not been for injuries). Frankly, I don't know where the coaches project Gibson ... I was simply providing my prejudiced view.

Greenway was a "tall" DB who transitioned brilliantly to LB. Nielsen was a "tall" and fast LB, not unlike Campbell, who was pretty solid for us at LB (would have had an even better career for us had it not been for injuries). Frankly, I don't know where the coaches project Gibson ... I was simply providing my prejudiced view.

Always appreciate the info homer didn't mean anything by it.

6-4 A.J. Edds says hi.

Yep. Watched the kids highlight tape and didn't see and Offensive snaps. Quite impressive that he can play DB at his height and yes he can do all thing DB related. I'm not sure hands are a huge issue, he did have a couple Ints. He certainly would be a great OLB prospect. I think we ought to offer him. He's a genuine playmaker and has a passion and fire for the game.

You win bruh. moving on. WE need to find a bunch more guys that happen to commit to Iowa. It would be nice if Gibson ended up here.

For sure. And this guy may make a heck of a LB, I just thought it was funny we JUST got a 6-4 LB and immediately started talking about making him a DE and now we are looking at a 6-4 DB... sall good. I dont care if we have the ugliest group of misfits to ever walk the earth as long as they win games.

Reactions: kceasthawk
So your issue with this recruit is thinking he should be a LB in college rather than a DB?

We could def use that visit list.

So your issue with this recruit is thinking he should be a LB in college rather than a DB?

We could def use that visit list.

Ha no, my issue is we have zero consistency as a board. That and I want the staff to start getting more ready made 5 stars with prototypical height and weight so injuries are not as much of a factor as they can be with a "development" program. I also have wanted a Ferrari since I was like 10 so...........

I've also discovered a highly disturbing development concerning one of OUR recent visitors this spring. Nick Henrich has received 3 new predictions for Notre Dame on 247. Steve Wiltfong made one of them. We'll see if they hold up. I don't want to miss on Henrich but maybe he's looking for a big time program.

Taking a look at Goodsons Highlight, he definitely has some of Akrums wiggle. Alot of jump cut, dead leg, spin cycle action during his runs. Ran for 1300 and 20 this past season. get him signed up!

Reactions: David1979
For sure. And this guy may make a heck of a LB, I just thought it was funny we JUST got a 6-4 LB and immediately started talking about making him a DE and now we are looking at a 6-4 DB... sall good. I dont care if we have the ugliest group of misfits to ever walk the earth as long as they win games.

Major project for Doyle to bulk him into a olb. But I love the way he plays the game.

looks like Blair had the accurate stats on Goodson here. Ran for 1437 and 25 this past season. Very good to see the staff establishing a relationship with the program at North Gwinnett.

Reactions: Wadzinator
Iowa commits Ezra Miller, Tyler Endres, and Logan Lee will be there Friday night.

Jack Campbell and Noah Fenske won't be able to make it due to track.

Goodson doing more work in the weight room. Very solid squat and bench for the young man to go along with a strong power clean!

Kind of surprised we don’t have more visitors for this weekend. Seems like a lot of teams are getting commitments and making moves at their spring games. We don’t seem to have a lot of guys coming. Especially any that I would put on commit watch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT