ADVERTISEMENT

Majority of traffic cameras nixed by Iowa DOT under new law

I'm a fan of traffic camera's for intersections.

Lots of folks running red lights in Florida...would like to see that cut down.

Works in Europe...

Reactions: Mister_Man
I'm a fan of traffic camera's for intersections.

Lots of folks running red lights in Florida...would like to see that cut down.

Works in Europe...
Same here. It works because it makes the intersection safer. And people who have to pay the tickets don't have it to count against their insurance. And they get to their precious commute maybe 2 minutes later.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Same here. It works because it makes the intersection safer. And people who have to pay the tickets don't have it to count against their insurance. And they get to their precious commute maybe 2 minutes later.
Enforcement is almost non-existent down here. I have only anecdotal evidence...but I see a lot of accidents at intersections down here. Speeding through an intersection as the light turns red is a common occurance....

Majority of traffic cameras nixed by Iowa DOT under new law​

The DOT on Monday approved only 11 fixed automated traffic enforcement cameras across the state while denying requests for 128 others

Iowa is a dystopian police state nightmare with their outrageous 55-65mph nonsense and speed cameras. People drive like absolute morons with nowhere to be and nothing to do. Concept of a zipper merge is considered rude. I honestly couldn’t live there without a Chauffeur.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT