ADVERTISEMENT

Man killed Subway worker over ‘too much mayo on his sandwich,’ police say

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A man fatally shot an employee and injured another at an Atlanta Subway restaurant over the weekend because he had “too much mayo on his sandwich,” police said Monday morning.
The shooter fired a handgun at two workers, a 26-year-old woman who died of her wounds and a 24-year-old woman who was in critical condition, Deputy Police Chief Charles Hampton Jr. told reporters. The injured woman’s 5-year-old child was in the restaurant at the time.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution identified the dead woman as Brittany Macon.
The incident started about 6:30 p.m. Sunday, Hampton said, when a man “who could not resolve the conflict” over his order opened fire.

“There was something wrong with the sandwich that made him so upset that he decided to take out his anger on two of the employees,” Hampton said.

Police arrested a 36-year-old Atlanta man “close” to the downtown restaurant Sunday night after a someone called in a tip, Hampton said.
Willie Glenn, a co-owner of the restaurant, said the women were “model employees” who had started working there about three weeks ago, WSB-TV reported.
“It breaks my heart to know that someone has the audacity to point a weapon and shoot someone for as little as too much mayonnaise on a sandwich,” he told the news station.
Hampton told reporters that he was “frustrated” by “gun owners who don’t make the right decisions” and by momentary impatience that can hurt families forever.

“I want the focus to be on the gun violence,” he said. “Yes, it’s a sandwich, but, more importantly, someone who failed to resolve a conflict by just walking away, having a conversation … decided to take actions into his hands, and now we have families who are devastated.”
The 5-year-old will undergo counseling, Hampton said.
Atlanta has had more than 70 homicides in 2022, a 19 percent increase from the same period in 2021, according to the latest data from the Atlanta Police Department. It had 160 homicides in 2021, the highest total since 1996, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

In the shooter’s defense, Subway employees always put way the hell too much mayo on sandwiches.

But they ask before they do it and you can always specify, "Light on the mayo, dude."

Assuming your "sandwich artist" speaks English, of course.

Reactions: goldmom
But they ask before they do it and you can always specify, "Light on the mayo, dude."

Assuming your "sandwich artist" speaks English, of course.
Before I finally swore off Subway permanently, I used to politely and specifically ask for one pass with the mayo. Sometimes it actually worked and they put a reasonable amount of mayo on my sandwich. One time the "sandwich artist" grabbed the mayo bottle with their customary two-hand power grip and made four passes across the sandwich. I didn't even say anything. I just sighed and walked out.

If only Subway armed their sandwich artists. There wasn’t a good guy with a gun nearby to run in and accidentally shoot a kid or something?

Reactions: lucas80
Never would have happened if……

s-l400.jpg

Which HORT poster is this?

This is the only place where mayo is sort of an extremist religious conviction.

The defense attorney would love to have me on the jury. I detest mayo and can easily understand shooting a fool who put it on my sandwich

Time to make every school and Subway franchise as safe as a mother’s womb.

If only Subway armed their sandwich artists. There wasn’t a good guy with a gun nearby to run in and accidentally shoot a kid or something?
They did, the manager tried.

Brittany Macon, 26, was identified as the dead woman while a 24-year-old is in a critical condition.

A customer is said to have flown off the handle at a restaurant in Dowtown Atlanta, Georgia, at around 6.30pm on Sunday.

The manager of the store fired back at the suspect, resulting in a shoot out in the car park and another worker was injured.

The injured worker’s five-year-old son was in the restaurant at the time and saw what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT