ADVERTISEMENT

Man live-streams as derecho rips off his apartment roof

Credit to Finkenauer, who was out helping and requested federal help the NEXT DAY after the storm. And she was the only one doing so, followed shortly by Greenfield who also came to volunteer. And yet Mayor Brad Hart days in to the aftermath was saying he didn’t think we needed the National Guard. Have to think this is the last straw for voters with him.

FYI the lead story on KCRG for the 10PM news was conditions at Westdale Court.

The damage is appalling there...and they've effectively been on their own ever since the storm hit. There's a lot of desperation going on there.

No power, no water, etc...luckily some volunteers drove up and fed a bunch of them this weekend - but those folks living there need help badly.

Thanks for the heads up, bagdropper. As sad as it is, the woman’s quote as the teaser to start the newscast was gold and made us laugh:

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/08/17/lik...-power-hot-water-as-they-plead-for-more-help/

Reactions: bagdropper
Thanks for the heads up, bagdropper. As sad as it is, the woman’s quote as the teaser to start the newscast was gold and made us laugh:

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/08/17/lik...-power-hot-water-as-they-plead-for-more-help/

You are very welcome. Just glad I tuned in. They led with it and I thought of you immediately.

And oh yeah, the city/state/Trump line is classic.

BTW, CR will be holding a response presser today at 1130am...I know Facebook is carrying it, local TV and radio is too.

Timing anyone? ;)

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
With this crap and tornadoes, I'd have those power-operated window shutters that close at the push of a button if I lived in Iowa. Or better yet, a wind speed-triggered system that closes all the shutters automatically when shit gets ugly.

With an actual hurricane, you get some warning and some lead time to get ready. Y'all didn't even know this was coming.

Or just get hurricane impact windows and doors. Screw that "putting up shutters" crap when a storm's coming. And looking at / storing them when it's not.

That’s a half-mile from my house. All of those apartments got nailed. It’s very sad.

Over by me too. The laundromat and former Mexican grocery store (bet they're glad they moved) are both demolished too right there. Crazy.

Hoover Elementary and Jefferson High School look like they're pretty damaged. Not sure how they're going to start the school year even 2 weeks from now.

I watched all of his videos and was impressed that one of the guys saved the beer. I laughed when someone said on camera, "we were going to move anyway."
I swear I'm a good person at heart, but I lol'd more than I should've at several points during his commentary.

I watched all of his videos and was impressed that one of the guys saved the beer. I laughed when someone said on camera, "we were going to move anyway."

In same one where they got the beer, "My mother f'n pot roast" hahaha

Credit to Finkenauer, who was out helping and requested federal help the NEXT DAY after the storm. And she was the only one doing so, followed shortly by Greenfield who also came to volunteer. And yet Mayor Brad Hart days in to the aftermath was saying he didn’t think we needed the National Guard. Have to think this is the last straw for voters with him.
Good points. Gov Reynolds had to, basically, be "guilted" into the Friday appearance because of all the crap she was taking about a slow disaster response.

Malicki from KCRG is being portrayed as the "hero" here for her constant, non stop social media barrage which eventually made it's way to Kimmy's attention.

This is no different than the responses that the Atlantic coast hopes to get when they experience hurricanes.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
We need to find out who his favorite musician, NFL team, college team, etc. is. Get ahold of someone within those organizations and get him a VIP experience. I have to think that, when hearing the whole story, they’d be happy to do something for him. He’s pouring his heart into the city and deserves all sorts of rewards for it.
Good things are coming his way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT