ADVERTISEMENT

Man with 3 DUI arrests drives himself to court... while drunk, police say

Dude is screaming for help or gave up on life...four DUI's in less than two years, and shows up to court drunk?

Not sure prison is the right move, unless he has a criminal history before the last two years, but this might be a case where a year or so in a rehab center and counseling might actually be better than prison.

Dude is screaming for help or gave up on life...four DUI's in less than two years, and shows up to court drunk?

Not sure prison is the right move, unless he has a criminal history before the last two years, but this might be a case where a year or so in a rehab center and counseling might actually be better than prison.
Someone who drives to court drunk is going to drive to rehab drunk. Counseling? Really? The 4 DUI's are just when the dude got caught. How many lives were put in danger over the years? Sorry, some people need to be in jail so they can't hurt other people.

• Haha
Reactions: NCHawk5
That part makes no sense. He was instructed to drive to court in a rental car. HUH??
Yeah, no idea how he still even had a license. Hope they send his ass to rehab and he can put the bottle down.

Someone who drives to court drunk is going to drive to rehab drunk. Counseling? Really? The 4 DUI's are just when the dude got caught. How many lives were put in danger over the years? Sorry, some people need to be in jail so they can't hurt other people.
Key thing to note is that no one was injured 🤷‍♂️. I’ve always felt duis were a little like the movie minority report. I bet I can drive better with a buzz than most can sober.

Key thing to note is that no one was injured 🤷‍♂️. I’ve always felt duis were a little like the movie minority report. I bet I can drive better with a buzz than most can sober.
I've been victimized by drunk drivers multiple times. Statistically, I should have been killed or severely injured several times, so I'm lucky. Maybe you can drive better with a buzz, but I'd prefer not to test your ability, or your ability to cut yourself off with just a buzz.

I've got no sympathy.

Reactions: hawkbirch
I've been victimized by drunk drivers multiple times. Statistically, I should have been killed or severely injured several times, so I'm lucky. Maybe you can drive better with a buzz, but I'd prefer not to test your ability, or your ability to cut yourself off with just a buzz.

I've got no sympathy.
I won’t drink and drive ever because any accident and I’m going to prison. Not worth it. But I have doubts on the blanket application of impairment due to a BAC number. Hits everyone different.

I won’t drink and drive ever because any accident and I’m going to prison. Not worth it. But I have doubts on the blanket application of impairment due to a BAC number. Hits everyone different.
You are right about the BAC, which is arbitrary, and .08 is probably too low. That said, there has to be a standard, and people just really need to have enough willpower to not drive while impaired.

Four DUI's in under two years, assuming he has had no priors before that, and showing up to court drunk, yeah that is a red flag. Something triggered the guy. I am not saying he should be out driving, or even allowed a license anytime in the next few years, and I was talking court ordered rehab, not somewhere he gets to come and go from. If that doesn't work out, or he doesn't comply, then the prison route.

My brother in law is a farm kid that drove tractors vey early in life. Great story he has is when he was taking drivers ed. He would drive to the class and park 1/2 block away and walk in to take the class. On something like the third day, the instructor came up to him and said...look, I know you already know how to drive - but can you park a couple more blocks away so it isn't so obvious?

ADVERTISEMENT