ADVERTISEMENT

Manafort admits he colluded with Russians

tarheelbybirth

HR King
Apr 17, 2003
But it wasn't THAT bad...

https://www.businessinsider.com/pau...-campaign-polling-data-russia-kilimnik-2022-8

In an interview with Insider, Paul Manafort, who served as Donald Trump's campaign chairman, made his first public admission that in 2016 he shared polling data from the Trump campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime business associate with suspected ties to Russian intelligence.

Kilimnik then passed the data on to Russian spies, according to the US Treasury Department, which has characterized the data as "sensitive information on polling and campaign strategy."

Manafort's acknowledgment contradicts his earlier denials, during the investigation into election interference conducted by the special counsel Robert Mueller, that he had anything to do with the transfer of sensitive campaign data. It also differs from the account he gives in his forthcoming memoir, "Political Prisoner," in which he concedes only that he presented Kilimnik with "talking points" on polling data that was already public.https://www.businessinsider.com/pau...-campaign-polling-data-russia-kilimnik-2022-8

I suppose some folks might think that sharing polling data fits the definition. If I was a Russian, I'd just look at all the public polls.

collusion

kə-loo͞′zhən

noun​

1. An often secret action taken by two or more parties to achieve an illegal or improper purpose.
  2. Secret agreement for a fraudulent or harmful purpose; a secret or crafty understanding for unworthy purposes.
  3. Specifically, in law, a secret understanding between two or more persons to act or proceed as if adversely or at. variance with, or in apparent defiance of, one another's rights, in order to prejudice a third person or to obtain a remedy which could not as well be obtained by open concurrence.

I've been told that Trump-Russia collusion is a hoax, invented by the liberal media.

... or perhps the fact that Trump's national campaign chairman's act of delivering senstive campaign opposition research to Russin intelligence so that it could be weaponized aginst his opponent just doesn't fit the definition of ":collusion".

Give that man a pardon!

I suppose some folks might think that sharing polling data fits the definition. If I was a Russian, I'd just look at all the public polls.

collusion

kə-loo͞′zhən

noun​

1. An often secret action taken by two or more parties to achieve an illegal or improper purpose.
  2. Secret agreement for a fraudulent or harmful purpose; a secret or crafty understanding for unworthy purposes.
  3. Specifically, in law, a secret understanding between two or more persons to act or proceed as if adversely or at. variance with, or in apparent defiance of, one another's rights, in order to prejudice a third person or to obtain a remedy which could not as well be obtained by open concurrence.
That you don't think this constitutes collusion is even less shocking than Manafort's admission. BTW, your definition is spot-on for what Manafort did...just so you know.

collusion

kə-loo͞′zhən

noun​

If it's not that big of a deal than why where Russian spies interested in the information?

Why is a high level person in a United States presidential campaign even talking to Russians in the first place?

Reactions: fsu1jreed

collusion

kə-loo͞′zhən

noun​

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹

But it wasn't THAT bad...

https://www.businessinsider.com/pau...-campaign-polling-data-russia-kilimnik-2022-8

In an interview with Insider, Paul Manafort, who served as Donald Trump's campaign chairman, made his first public admission that in 2016 he shared polling data from the Trump campaign with Konstantin Kilimnik, a longtime business associate with suspected ties to Russian intelligence.

Kilimnik then passed the data on to Russian spies, according to the US Treasury Department, which has characterized the data as "sensitive information on polling and campaign strategy."

Manafort's acknowledgment contradicts his earlier denials, during the investigation into election interference conducted by the special counsel Robert Mueller, that he had anything to do with the transfer of sensitive campaign data. It also differs from the account he gives in his forthcoming memoir, "Political Prisoner," in which he concedes only that he presented Kilimnik with "talking points" on polling data that was already public.https://www.businessinsider.com/pau...-campaign-polling-data-russia-kilimnik-2022-8
You are such a buffoon.

1. This isn't new information that was given in the interview.
2. It's the same data discussed previously, public info, old info. Info that is not collusion in anyway, Kilimnik isn't part of Russian intelligence at all. Nor giving public info on poll figures an issue. You libs are such suckers.
3. Gates emailed these figures. Why on earth haven't those emails been leaked yet? You know they have them. Because then people would see what a canard this crap is.

In the interview, Manafort excused his actions stating he wasn't looking for help getting Trump elected and did it purely to make money, with Business Insider reporting, "Manafort told Insider that he directed his deputy, Rick Gates, to feed Kilimnik polling data via email to 'keep Konstantin informed.' The goal was to use his access to Trump to drum up business for himself.

"The data that I shared with him was a combination of public information and stuff for the spring that was — it was old," the former Trump, advisor explained.

You are such a buffoon.

1. This isn't new information that was given in the interview.
2. It's the same data discussed previously, public info, old info. Info that is not collusion in anyway, Kilimnik isn't part of Russian intelligence at all. Nor giving public info on poll figures an issue. You libs are such suckers.
3. Gates emailed these figures. Why on earth haven't those emails been leaked yet? You know they have them. Because then people would see what a canard this crap is.

In the interview, Manafort excused his actions stating he wasn't looking for help getting Trump elected and did it purely to make money, with Business Insider reporting, "Manafort told Insider that he directed his deputy, Rick Gates, to feed Kilimnik polling data via email to 'keep Konstantin informed.' The goal was to use his access to Trump to drum up business for himself.

"The data that I shared with him was a combination of public information and stuff for the spring that was — it was old," the former Trump, advisor explained.
STFU. Manafort denied turning anything over to Kilimnik. Now he's saying it was old data that he turned over because he wanted money - LOL. In his f'n book he says something completely different. MAGAts have to be the dumbest human beings on the planet.

STFU. Manafort denied turning anything over to Kilimnik. Now he's saying it was old data that he turned over because he wanted money - LOL. In his f'n book he says something completely different. MAGAts have to be the dumbest human beings on the planet.
You STFU idiot. Who gives two shits about Manafort and what he said. This isn't new information and the two interviews with Kilimnik also made mention of why Manafort did what he did. Go read the damn interviews. You idiots thinking this polling data was some kind of collusion is a freaking joke.

You STFU idiot. Who gives two shits about Manafort and what he said. This isn't new information and the two interviews with Kilimnik also made mention of why Manafort did what he did. Go read the damn interviews. You idiots thinking this polling data was some kind of collusion is a freaking joke.
LOL...Trump doesn't even need a colonoscopy with you around. Watch out for those polyps.

Really? Are you going to apply that same logic to any number of things Hillary did? Or Hunter?

Been on vacation? You were asked to list those things and here we are several days later and nothing. I doubt you are on vacation but rather was just spewing more of your bullsh*t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT