ADVERTISEMENT

Manfred: "MLB Could Shut Down On Monday Aug. 3"

Manfred is blaming the players for not following
proper protocol. If he would look in the mirror
he would see the clown who dared to even
start the MLB season amidst a pandemic.
And yet its not an issue in the NBA.......................because they're holding a gun to their players' heads whispering...."DON'T GET COVID!!!"

And yet its not an issue in the NBA.......................because they're holding a gun to their players' heads whispering...."DON'T GET COVID!!!"

Or they actually had a plan to keep players safe. Whereas baseball spent 4 months just arguing about money and put very little effort into how they could actually play a season during a pandemic.

Because people at your tournament aren’t being tested. Covid is undoubtably being spread like crazy at these events and passed on to many others.
How do you know? My son has played for 5 different teams this summer and so far only one family tested positive. They were responsible and didn’t let their kid play even though only the mom tested positive.

Wow, good luck with that. We live in a country full of idiots.

BY TAKING MY KIDS TO DAYCARE, WHICH HAVE BE GOING FOR NOW 2 MONTHS SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN BACK, WITH NO ISSUES, MEANS "IDIOTS". Oh My I go to work also, every day, wear a mask at work everyday, get my temp taken, everyday. IDIOT right?

EDIT: Am I also an idiot for wearing my mask everywhere I go Beavis?

Reactions: runkpanole
Football now knows what model it has to operate under if they want to try and have a season. It’s not the MLB one. You need to do what the NBA and NHL did and get all operations in a “bubble” playing in the same few stadiums. No travel. No outsiders or exposure outside. I have to tip my cap to those NBA and NHL professionals willing to do that so their seasons could resume.

BY TAKING MY KIDS TO DAYCARE, WHICH HAVE BE GOING FOR NOW 2 MONTHS SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN BACK, WITH NO ISSUES, MEANS "IDIOTS". Oh My I go to work also, every day, wear a mask at work everyday, get my temp taken, everyday. IDIOT right?

EDIT: Am I also an idiot for wearing my mask everywhere I go Beavis?

Incredibly reckless and dumb, yes.

Reactions: Joes Place
Football now knows what model it has to operate under if they want to try and have a season. It’s not the MLB one. You need to do what the NBA and NHL did and get all operations in a “bubble” playing in the same few stadiums. No travel. No outsiders or exposure outside. I have to tip my cap to those NBA and NHL professionals willing to do that so their seasons could resume.

Yep, somehow, they are just going to have to convince the players and everyone involved that a bubble is how its going to work. If you want football, that's going to be the only option.

Reactions: noleclone2
Joey Votto self-reported COVID-19 symptoms this morning and has been place on the injured list. He has not received a positive test result yet.

Or they actually had a plan to keep players safe. Whereas baseball spent 4 months just arguing about money and put very little effort into how they could actually play a season during a pandemic.
Oh I don't care about baseball. They could fold into oblivion and I wouldn't miss it. I'd miss the NBA only slightly more.......

Only reason the NBA/NHL players accepted this was there season was mostly over and the proposal will have them in a bubble 6 to 8 weeks. Some will be much less then that. That's a long vacation

There's a reason MLB players shot down the Arizona proposal before it even got to the MLBPA. They didn't want to be away from their families that long.

The NFL players don't want to be locked in a bubble for 6 to 7 months. Whenever the NBA/NHL restarts their next season. I don't see them saying were OK with the bubble again. Rememer a vaccines may not be widely available till spring of next year. Not to mention the bubble is non sustainable financially long term for those 2 leagues.

Interesting how people here are giddy at that the idea of season being cancelled.

the March of the miserable.

Reactions: mcgrawfsu
the virus is everywhere.

No; it's actually well-controlled in lots of places.

Not the US. But many other nations have done a very good job of control, awaiting the ability to mass-vaccinate and spare their citizens of long-term health disabilities.

ADVERTISEMENT